Share FAQ

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
All the databases are fine. The key is looking at the post date, either in the search engine or on Share itself. The older a hash is the less likely you'll be able to download it, same as torrents. On OpenNap, WinMX and eMule, JAV hang around for a long time, but on Share and BitTorrent, they disappear quite quickly.

jupiter999

loves Tada Mizuho only...
Apr 2, 2008
I understand what you mean...
JAV normally do hang around for longer time...
But for me, nothing is more valuable than Tada Mizuho's stuff...:dozingoff:

Mocxi

Jun 15, 2008
ok i know this is an old problem that was asked many times before, but i think mine is different and i need some help. it's the same error "disconnected due to port error", but i can connect to my nodes and even start download something .This mean i can run share, connect nodes, put on a trigger, start download...etc before the problem happend. Anybody can help?

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
ok i know this is an old problem that was asked many times before, but i think mine is different and i need some help. it's the same error "disconnected due to port error", but i can connect to my nodes and even start download something .This mean i can run share, connect nodes, put on a trigger, start download...etc before the problem happend. Anybody can help?
It is an old problem indeed. The solution is still the same though. You have to open up the same port TCP in and out on both Share EX2 and your firewall, be it software or built into your router.

Curiosito

Sep 2, 2008
I get a disconnection just after 30-45 seconds after hit the log in ,help please (im not using router)

i get a "disconnected due time check error"

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
You need to make sure your Windows time is updated and correct. It is possible that daylight savings time is affecting the time check, or that you live in a special time zone that Share does not recognize. If that is the case, you may try manually setting your Windows clock forward or backward 1 hour.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Noticed you edited your post, so I'm not sure if you still need help using keydb/sharedb, but here's a translation:

keydb.jpn.ch
attachment.php

sharedb.info
attachment.php

On keydb.jpn.ch, if you search using "Copy/past list" mode, or on sharedb.info, you will get codes like this:
Code:
[Share Plugin] [PDK10] OneCacheDelete_011.rar  183,121 1123455bb3fb081b0382f835ca16c781aacee6f9

Select the whole line and copy it, then back in Share, look at the Triggers tab, and click on Paste. You should see the info (filename, hash, and ID if present) added automatically.

Alternatively you can click on Add trigger and copy the information manually. If you want to download a specific file, entering just the hash is fine. If you want to download all files that match a certain string (such as all albums from a specific band), you can enter just the filename and uncheck "Delete matching query triggers".

drc

Dec 17, 2006
I was just wondering where the CacheDumpEx plugin should go because as you all know, there are only three folders inside ShareEX; one for uploads, one for downloads, one for cache and no folder for plugins. If there is no plugins folder, should one be made or should the plugin just go into the main ShareEX folder.

Also if anyone has a direct download link for the plugin it would be greatly appreciated.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
You can put the plugin wherever you like. The plugins are enabled by manually adding individual plugin files -- they are not automatically detected. If it's more convenient for you, you can place them all within a "plugins" folder inside the Share folder.

CacheDumpEx has been superceded by CacheDumpExEro, which is faster and more stable while adding a few extra functions.

For security purposes, plugins are distributed directly within Share. Use the following trigger for CacheDumpExEro:
Code:
[Share Plugin] [PDK10] CacheDumpExEro_v0021.rar  316,495 f01b3ea5115727f05ce575dc43f9d3ec3cd99549

Make sure you have "TESTER_WORKS" in your cluster list.

drc

Dec 17, 2006
Thanks for the info. I have just one more question. Once I have the plugin where I should all I have to do is convert the file, isn't that right?

Also, I've just got my hands on the plugin and I have just noticed that once the plugin is extracted, because it comes inside a rar file, the name of the extracted folder becomes [Share Plugin] [PDK10] CacheDumpExEro_v0021; so I'm assuming that just putting that folder within ShareEx2's main folder without renaming it is just enough. I hope that's the case.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Once extracted, you can put the folder wherever you like. The important thing is to go into Share, click on Settings > Plugins, and adding the CacheDumpExEro.dll file. Since only the .dll file matters, you can put it in whatever folder you want.

CacheDumpExEro is not necessary: by default, Share is able to convert files that are downloaded with its own built-in convert function. CacheDumpExEro gives you advanced options on how to convert. For example, if a video file (such as AVI) is incomplete, Share's build-in convert function cannot convert the file, whereas CacheDumpExEro can (the video will still be missing the parts that are incomplete, but the video will be able to be played).

johnlocke2342

Sep 28, 2007
Hi.
The answer to my question might have already been answered in this thread, but I'm trying to download this file using the hash key but Share has been running for the last 3 hours and still doesn't find the file. I followed the whole tutorial, it's connected and downloading nodes. But I'm still waiting...
Thanks for the help!

Allogagan

Dec 28, 2008
I have the program which is in Japanese of course. But that doesn't really tell me how to download anyting since I can't read Japanese.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I have the program which is in Japanese of course. But that doesn't really tell me how to download anyting since I can't read Japanese.

Did you really look at the first post ?

Fuurin said:
I have attached English locale and hint files for you to download below. Create a Share folder in Program Files, unzip Share EX2 to there, and then replace the locale and hint files. If you get a runtime error when starting the program, run msconfig, untick your antivirus and firewall applications, restart Windows, start Share EX2 and then turn your antivirus and firewall back on.

You have to put the two files attached at the right place and Share will "magically" have an all-english interface. Better read the rest of the post to be able to use it.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
Hi. The answer to my question might have already been answered in this thread, but I'm trying to download this file using the hash key but Share has been running for the last 3 hours and still doesn't find the file. I followed the whole tutorial, it's connected and downloading nodes. But I'm still waiting... Thanks for the help!
Sounds like it might be a problem with your cluster words. What words are you using? Does a search turn up the video?