Share FAQ

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
The DST stuff makes sense, I just remembered I do have a patch for that issue in 2007, unless that was included in Spk3, which is installed on both my systems. but what happens in April?

In the mean time I just set my clock back, it seems to be working again.

btw, Thanks guy.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Nothing happens in April, but April is when DST used to occur. So it stands to reason that by April, any time changes that cause Share to disconnect should be resolved.

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
I wonder if it's possible to hack a text file to get one more Cluster word. I mean to make it possible to add 6 instead of five. I know there is cluster plug but I'm not sure how that works entirely.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
Plugins

There are two cluster related plugins I know of:

ClusterChanger_r007a.zip

allowing you to group your cluster words.

ClusterWordCollector 0.2.zip

which keeps track of all the cluster words found on your Sleep nodes. I don't use either. Winny had only three cluster words, so I've always regarded Share's five as the height of luxury.

mikko

Nov 15, 2008
i already downloaded the probgam but i can not opperate it because the names of the buttons appears on boxes to me, anyone? and i dont knowhow to download the program.. please help..

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
If you just downloaded the japanese version of Share, you have to replace the menu interface with english text.
From the first post:

The official homepage for Share is apparently hosted on Freenet 0.5, but you can download the latest version of Share, EX2, from Tom Maneiro's Spanish Share site. I have attached English locale and hint files for you to download below. Create a Share folder in Program Files, unzip Share EX2 to there, and then replace the locale and hint files.

hopesixtheprophet

Apr 17, 2009
I'm sorry to bother you all. But I really don't understand what to do at all. FYI: I don't even know what an IP or TCP is...
So can please anybody kindly enough to tell me what to do step by step right from the start and what is the link to download any files needed.
Thank you very much.

hopesixtheprophet

Apr 17, 2009
why does my share won't connect? I see no "Connected. Global IP Resolved. Loading download manager cache."
Am I don't have any active node? I had already copy all the nodes from Tom Maneiro's and mudijp's but still not connected.
Can anybody help me? Or maybe give me any active nodes. Thanks

Cloud187

Banned
Feb 27, 2007
what port number do i put ? i am confused the tutorial leaves much important info out ??

How do i find out my "port number" can it be any random 5 numbers ?

I am running on DSL

Cloud187

Banned
Feb 27, 2007
what about nodes ? how do i add the list it wont let me i need a port number and IP ?? :/ i put the same port number as the random one i set. what do i add for ip i cant add the nodes without a ip

i run on dsl so my ip changes each time i connect ?

well i seem to have most of it done my question is how the hell do I add nodes I cant add any because i need a ip ?

Also how do I open my port and set the ports to the same as share and my computer vis versa

:death:

please help :/

this is so confusing i wish this was more easier or had a youtube tutorial XD is there a easy install version some where on the net because I am having trouble and i have been trying to figure it out for the last 2 hours :murder:

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
how do i add the list

1.) Copy the nodes list at http://p2p-db.net/share_ex.txt into your clipboard.

2.) In the Share EX2 window, click on the Nodes tab.

3.) Click on the Add node button.

4.) Paste your clipboard into the Encrypted addresses field.

5.) Click the Add button.

6.) Click the Close button.

Cloud187

Banned
Feb 27, 2007
1.) Copy the nodes list at http://p2p-db.net/share_ex.txt into your clipboard.

2.) In the Share EX2 window, click on the Nodes tab.

3.) Click on the Add node button.

4.) Paste your clipboard into the Encrypted addresses field.

5.) Click the Add button.

6.) Click the Close button.

I cant i will say it again it asks for a IP also and will not let u click add nodes unless you present a IP, you can click add but it still stays on that screen until you click close and it will not add the nodes even if you click add with no ip.

Also how do I handle this port issue ? how to i set my comps port to the same as share ? how can I find my comps port number is this only a router issue ? I run on bell sympatico DSL highspeed. My IP changes each time I resent my modem I only have a modem no router let me know if there is any issues please.

I set shares port to a random number above 25000 how do i make sure it is the same as my comp now when is this info located in my comp. This tutorial is pretty handy but left out key parts that are not exactly common knowledge to a share newbie...... :puzzled:

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
I cant i will say it again it asks for a IP also and will not let u click add nodes unless you present a IP
No... when you open the "Add Node" window, there are TWO "Add" buttons. One in the "Address" section, and another in the "Encrypted Addresses" section. You're in the wrong section of the window.

As far as port forwarding goes, if you're directly connected to your Cable/DSL/FIOS modem with no router involved, you don't have to do anything.

Trollbeater

Robin Hood of U15 Torrent
Jan 6, 2009
What do you mean "Share needs 4GB of cache in order to run"? I regularly delete my cache folder and Share runs fine for me.

I don't understand.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
click "Add folder," and add your new Cache and Download folders, setting a minimum quota of 4GBs for cache.

That's what I read in the FAQ, where did you get your sentence ? :dunno:

You need to declare a folder that Share can use for caching files being downloaded.
Share will keep finished and unfinished files on it, until the folder size goes beyond a 4 GB limit (or whatever you have set). Then it will delete finished files until it goes below the limit. Share will NEVER delete unfinished files even if it goes beyond the cache limit.
Whether you keep files or not manually doesn't matter.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Upload more.

illuminatus3

Akiba Citizen
Oct 9, 2007
Can you tell me why I'm suddenly not getting completed .avi files please? ISOs complete without any problem, but it takes over a week to complete most .avi files now, even though they're showing a 100/100 status.

I have 4-6 IV at about 95% completed ratio just sitting there. It usually takes 1-3hrs to get to that %, then they just sit for days. Order priority stays at 500+ for days.:death: