Share and Perfect Dark

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
I run PerfectDark on my 2ghz single-core laptop and it runs just fine (I average 300k/s downloads). PerfectDark consumes more CPU because of more stringent encrypt/decrypt process, and also because the GUI is more CPU-intensive than Share.

For PerfectDark to work well, you really need to let it allocate the recommended 40gb cache (unity). 2gb is the absolute minumum you need before it will download anything; and between 2gb and 40gb, your downloads will start but will be slow as it continues to download additional cache. But once you hit 40gb, most downloads go off without a hitch. It's helpful to sort by Count (availability) -- files with 300+ count tend to download fairly quickly.

Also, no single P2P is perfect. I continuously alternate between bittorrent, Share, PerfectDark, and SLSK, because peers flock to specific programs based on their attributes. PerfectDark happens to host more sensitive files, because it's more secure than Share concerning copyrighted material (such as pirated apps, or urabon which is illegal in Japan). Share is great for well-known music, DVDs, or raw TV shows because of its file diffusion with wide Japanese user-base. Torrents are better for large music discographies, batch video torrents, or subbed TV shows. And since SLSK is uses direct transfer (rather than "swarms" like the others), it's best for hard-to-find music.

I'm trying to download this rare thing: 栃木佳 激写 Vol.30 小悪魔 栃木佳 日本メディアサプライ

Yeah, but that video title doesn't seem to exist on Share. I found it only on WinMx and Zerosen, and only 3-4 sources in total...

A quick search of sharedb reveals it was posted one week ago:
Code:
(IV と)栃木佳  激写 Vol.30 小悪魔.avi  691,488,768 831ea95cc9b7619d0c5b463bf08f5ba29992a649

mongul18

Aug 7, 2008
Help:))

Hi all:
I use Shareex2 long time ago (two years) but the last 3 months all my downloads stop in 99% and later later, nothing what happen and where can download the last node refresh i use NodeRefresh Ver 0.17 until Ver 22.0 but... because my node refresh don't download any nodes, i have 30 Gb of files in 99% stop ¿what can i do? i need help
thanks

mongul18

Aug 7, 2008
I forgot

Hi again
My last download 99% too is (DVDISO)(特撮)ウルトラマンマックス 最強!!スペシャルDVD てれびくん8月号付録 TVKN_0508.ISO
help
thanks

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
Hi all:
I use Shareex2 long time ago (two years) but the last 3 months all my downloads stop in 99% and later later, nothing what happen and where can download the last node refresh i use NodeRefresh Ver 0.17 until Ver 22.0 but... because my node refresh don't download any nodes, i have 30 Gb of files in 99% stop ¿what can i do? i need help
thanks
Are you getting connected as shown in the Log tab? In the Downloads window, what does it show under Status? Are the last parts available?

Kipi

⅓ ⅔ ⅛
Nov 22, 2007
I can still find almost anything I want from Share. If it's not there, I don't really have to have it. It's not that important to have every video of Aoi Sora x'D

mongul18

Aug 7, 2008
Hi

Thanks for your answer but in parts said 712/731 the hash is
4fcf495a0c44020b37d2b26b8ef85e30e0aa84de and my problem with Node Refresh o nodes new, Kaspersky can the problem? really need help
thanks

mongul18

Aug 7, 2008
Hi

Shareex2 is more most efective and better perfect Dark but in this last 3 months i don't know is happen
sorry for my bad english
thanks

grubby

Mar 2, 2007
Ive used share for about 3 years, and the last year it really seems to have gone downhill.

I don't know if its because Japanese authorities are busting japanese users, or because the japanese have become annoyed with the big amount of non-japanese users, but the network certainly seems to have degraded quite a bit :/

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
Thanks for your answer but in parts said 712/731 the hash is 4fcf495a0c44020b37d2b26b8ef85e30e0aa84de and my problem with Node Refresh o nodes new, Kaspersky can the problem? really need help
thanks
712/731 means you are connected so Kaspersky is not the problem. Unfortunately, the complete file is no longer available among the users with whom you share a cluster keyword. You could try a different cluster, or post or upload a request for someone to reupload.

mongul18

Aug 7, 2008
Hi

Hi:
Where can post the request of upload, i never do that, Which is the last version of Node Refresh
thanks

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
Hi: Where can post the request of upload, i never do that,
On ダウンロードソフト on 2ch, there is usually a thread called "Shareで流してほしいものをリクエストするスレ." You can also create a text file with the file name explaining what video you want, and then upload this text file to your neighbouring nodes.
Which is the last version of Node Refresh. thanks
I'm using v016, but actually, it sounds like you are already connected, so I doubt you need to change anything. All you need is a single live node, and Share will automatically download a bunch more. More important than nodes are the cluster keywords, so you should check Show Sleep Nodes on the Nodes tab to make sure you are using popular cluster words.

bakakumo

Apr 6, 2007
I've never been successful with any of the Japanese P2P softwares... and now I'm on a Mac! Are any of these P2Ps available for Macs?

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Nope. Bill Gates was one of the first to get his operating system onto Japanese computers; the rest is history (eg: most Japanese have been and still are Windows users).

But these days you can run a copy of Windows inside OS X (using a program like Parallels or VMWare), which in turn will let you run Japanese P2P.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
I've never been successful with any of the Japanese P2P softwares... and now I'm on a Mac! Are any of these P2Ps available for Macs?
Mameya is the Mac client for OpenNap, the network with the most JAV. Transmission, Acquisition and Vuze are torrent clients that run on a Mac. If you want to use Share or WinMX, you will need to run a copy of Windows.

avoner

Feb 11, 2009
There seems to be some recent arrests made from Share

http://internet.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/news/2009/02/13/22430.html

「Share」で児童ポルノ公開、京都府警が塾講師の男性逮捕

ファイル共有ソフト「シェア」などを使ってインターネット上に児童ポルノを流したとして、京都府警ハイテク犯罪対策室などは13日、児童ポルノ禁止法違反容疑で京都市伏見区の塾講師の男(44)を逮捕するとともに、岐阜県内の会社員の男(46)の逮捕状を取り、取り調べを始めた。匿名性が高く流出元の特定が困難とされる「シェア」を使った児童ポルノ公開の摘発は全国で初めて。

捜査関係者によると、2人は今年1月ごろ、「シェア」などを使い、自宅のパソコンからネット上に少女のわいせつな画像や動画を公開し、不特定多数のユーザーがダウンロード可能な状態にした疑いが持たれている。

府警は、2人の自宅など関係先を家宅捜索してパソコンなどを押収、児童ポルノの入手先を調べるなど容疑の裏付けを進める。2人の間に連絡を取り合った形跡はなく、面識はないとみられるという。

ファイル共有ソフトによる児童ポルノの流出では、埼玉県警が12日、「イーミュール」を使った同法違反容疑で千葉県我孫子市の男(28)を逮捕。奈良県警も今年1月、同容疑で「うたたね」というソフトでネット上に動画を流したサーバー管理者を逮捕したほか、昨年11月には長野県警が「ライムワイヤー」を使って児童ポルノを流した男を逮捕している。

一方、匿名性の高い「シェア」は、人気のあった「ウィニー」でウイルスが蔓延(まんえん)したりユーザーの摘発が相次いだことなどから、平成 15年秋ごろから「ウィニー」から乗り換える形でネットユーザーの間に利用が広まっているという。京都府警は昨年5月、「シェア」を使って勝手にアニメ動画を流したユーザーを全国で初めて著作権法違反容疑で逮捕している。

【用語解説】ファイル共有ソフト
 ネット上で不特定多数のユーザーと画像や動画、文書などのファイルを交換、共有できる機能を持ったソフトで、ファイル交換ソフトとも呼ぶ。「ウィニー」「ナップスター」「シェア」など、国内外で多くの種類が知られている。ネット社会における画期的な新技術として注目を集めた半面、映画などの著作物や児童ポルノが違法にやり取りされることが多く、摘発事例が相次いでいる。また、ウイルス感染により保存データが流出する被害も多い。
google's translate

can anyone do a better translation?

clint999

Banned
Jun 5, 2008
Sure. Though I don't agree with some of those personally (e.g. More intuitive) and any usability features are mostly moot when share itself is enough. Especially once you know how to use the right clusters, db triggers, filters and search strings.

But however you look at it, Perfect Dark is (unless something better comes along, for example, an update of Share) the future.