Post your JAV subtitle files here - JAV Subtitle Repository (JSP)★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I've tried both stereo and mono and from what I can tell, I always get better results starting with a stereo file. It makes no difference if Whisper converts that stereo track into a mono track. My tests point to better results if the original track is in stereo. And for me there's pretty much no difference between two passes on the same file. I might get a couple more commas or full stops and one or two words in a few sentences will be different, but on the whole, I get the same content. If I change the Threshold, though, there are always clear differences. So, for me, I'll stick with my stereo uploads.
Have you tried making a mono file in the same way whisper does, with ffmpeg, to test it? Maybe whatever you're using is not using the same process and creating a different result or if you skip also making it 16k and leaving it at the original, it influence things.

Just curious because it makes no sense that it would be any different unless the resulting audio is altered in some way.

Edit: With the above, I assumed you used wav when making them mono but if that's not the case, then that's likely the problem right there, you're doing an extra lossy encoding pass so you're losing details more than if you didn't do anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: ericf

lock_on

Jan 22, 2023
Here's another update of my "all subtitles ever posted to this thread" collection.

Since then, there have been 722 subtitles posted.
View attachment 3168627

Version 4 is now up to 33,066 subtitles. All files have been renamed, language IDs added, checked for issues, and sorted alphabetically by ID. Enjoy!
Thanks, but do you have the updated version only? Because it takes time to download all over again only for duplicates.

Reactions: Prinsipe

Prinsipe

Aug 31, 2013
Thanks, but do you have the updated version only? Because it takes time to download all over again only for duplicates.
Yes i agree. It is also better to create a folder for new or additional subtitle only like what others are doing to avoid file duplication if we already had the other files before.

wwilk

Nov 20, 2009
Thank you for doing this. I wish more were in English but oh well.
Here's another update of my "all subtitles ever posted to this thread" collection.

View attachment 3168627

Version 4 is now up to 33,066 subtitles. All files have been renamed, language IDs added, checked for issues, and sorted alphabetically by ID. Enjoy!

FileJoker:

Rapidgator:

Quick plug: JavLuv 1.1.22 was used to sort these subtitles, and can also match your movie collection to available subtitles as well. It's completely free and open source, and I support it here in these forums.

lnstar

Jun 23, 2020

View attachment 3168627

FileJoker:

Rapidgator:

Quick plug: JavLuv 1.1.22 was used to sort these subtitles, and can also match your movie collection to available subtitles as well. It's completely free and open source, and I support it here in these forums.
Thanks for the subs! For those of us who don't subscribe to filejoker, are the zip files available on other sites such as https://mega.nz , which don't requre a subscription? Thanks

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Filejoker doesn't require a subscription and they also posted a rapidgator link.

People can also use softwares to detect and remove duplicate files easily so no need for much extra work or just sort by dates to pick until his last upload.

Not including old ones would be a pain for new people who would have to track down old posts and hope the links are alive and would probably be hard for the software they use to sort all that to know what is actually new.

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
Have you tried making a mono file in the same way whisper does, with ffmpeg, to test it? Maybe whatever you're using is not using the same process and creating a different result or if you skip also making it 16k and leaving it at the original, it influence things.

Just curious because it makes no sense that it would be any different unless the resulting audio is altered in some way.

Edit: With the above, I assumed you used wav when making them mono but if that's not the case, then that's likely the problem right there, you're doing an extra lossy encoding pass so you're losing details more than if you didn't do anything.
I wouldn't know how to make that monofile with ffmpeg. I use Audacity to merge channels and encode as variable bitrate ogg for now. Better than mp3 in retaining information at the same bitrates. I use the webbased Whisper only. If I were to try and upload uncompressed files, I'd have to wait forever for them to be uploaded and I'd get messages about being inactive and get logged off. Upload to Whisper is pretty slow.
Also, I tried Whisper with an ac3 file once but that didn't work. It couldn't convert that to wav.
I could try flac, since that's not re-encoding the audio, but the files will still be very big.
So, if I want to use the Command prompt or powershell to encode audio to mono with ffmpeg, what do I do?
Do I use your example:
Open powershell in the directory for ffmpeg:
ffmpeg -i input.mp3 -ar 16000 -ac 1 -c:a pcm_s16le output.wav ?
Change input.mp3 to input.wav.
Will that work?
Done:
ffmpeg -i input.wav -ar 16000 -ac 1 -c:a pcm_s16le output.wav
I got a 250MB file from a 1.18GB file. Is that correct? It's been downsampled a lot, right?
Will this work better than a mono file from Audacity?
I'll try it, anyway.

Attachments

• ffmpeg.jpg
    ffmpeg.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 86

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Assuming that you're outputting wav(or some other lossless format but you used wav for the ffmpeg input so must be wav) from audacity after doing whatever processing you wanted, that's the right command to use, it's what whisper does anyway.

And yeah, you'll get a fairly small wav file, around 250 Kbps if I remember right(exactly 256 from your screenshot), at most twice what youd get with usual default settings from other formats. The result should be the same as uploading the original audio but with the processing you did to it, without the extra lossy encode you did to ogg(likely opus) before.

If you still get a worse result that way, I'll be very confused, assuming you do output to lossless from audacity.

I never tried ac3 but it should work with ffmpeg, I did a dts file successfully once and I'm almost certain ffmpeg supports ac3 so must be something else that interfered that time.

Feb 25, 2023
I wouldn't know how to make that monofile with ffmpeg. I use Audacity to merge channels and encode as variable bitrate ogg for now. Better than mp3 in retaining information at the same bitrates. I use the webbased Whisper only. If I were to try and upload uncompressed files, I'd have to wait forever for them to be uploaded and I'd get messages about being inactive and get logged off. Upload to Whisper is pretty slow.
Also, I tried Whisper with an ac3 file once but that didn't work. It couldn't convert that to wav.
I could try flac, since that's not re-encoding the audio, but the files will still be very big.
So, if I want to use the Command prompt or powershell to encode audio to mono with ffmpeg, what do I do?
Do I use your example:
Open powershell in the directory for ffmpeg:
ffmpeg -i input.mp3 -ar 16000 -ac 1 -c:a pcm_s16le output.wav ?
Change input.mp3 to input.wav.
Will that work?
Done:
ffmpeg -i input.wav -ar 16000 -ac 1 -c:a pcm_s16le output.wav
I got a 250MB file from a 1.18GB file. Is that correct? It's been downsampled a lot, right?
Will this work better than a mono file from Audacity?
I'll try it, anyway.
So that ffmpeg command you listed is the one they recommend:
On a bash shell I just loop through and convert all my mp4s to wavs:
for f in *.mp4; do ffmpeg -n -i "$f" -ar 16000 -ac 1 -c:a pcm_s16le "../wav/${f%.mp4}.wav"; done

I've also noticed sometimes some models work better than others, so if a movie is proving difficult I'll run a couple different models and then merge the results and clean up in aegisub.
I just pull models from here: https://huggingface.co/models?language=ja&other=whisper

Also sometimes it helps if you use an offset, so if the dialogue doesnt start for a while the transcription can be poor, so if you know the dialogue starts at 3 minutes in, then trim that off the beginning of the file, and then just offset the SRT post-processing. At least for whisper.cpp there is a parameter to do offset that makes things easier.

Last edited:

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
So, if I use the web version of Whisper, how can I use different models?
https://colab.research.google.com/g...in/WhisperWithVAD.ipynb#scrollTo=jh24lirNZnXT
Unless someone makes a version of Whisper as a simple installation exe with a Windows GUI, I won't be installing it. Also, on this computer I don't have a graphics card with lots of memory that I can use. It would probably take forever if what people in this thread are saying is true.

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
Thanks. I'll look into that. I guess I can't run this on this computer since it can't run on CPU. I'll have to try it on my W10 computer with a fairly good graphics card with GPU.

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
So that ffmpeg command you listed is the one they recommend:
On a bash shell I just loop through and convert all my mp4s to wavs:
for f in *.mp4; do ffmpeg -n -i "$f" -ar 16000 -ac 1 -c:a pcm_s16le "../wav/${f%.mp4}.wav"; done

I've also noticed sometimes some models work better than others, so if a movie is proving difficult I'll run a couple different models and then merge the results and clean up in aegisub.
I just pull models from here: https://huggingface.co/models?language=ja&other=whisper

Also sometimes it helps if you use an offset, so if the dialogue doesnt start for a while the transcription can be poor, so if you know the dialogue starts at 3 minutes in, then trim that off the beginning of the file, and then just offset the SRT post-processing. At least for whisper.cpp there is a parameter to do offset that makes things easier.
So how do I actually download models from HuggingFace? The links lead to pages with lots of info on the models and there's a file section but there's no .bin to download like there is here: https://huggingface.co/datasets/ggerganov/whisper.cpp/tree/main
For example: https://huggingface.co/openai/whisper-large-v2/tree/main
15 files and three of them are 6.17GB. None are bin files.
I got pointed to the WhisperDesktop program so I'm trying to find as many options for that as possible.
Thanks.

Feb 25, 2023
So how do I actually download models from HuggingFace? The links lead to pages with lots of info on the models and there's a file section but there's no .bin to download like there is here: https://huggingface.co/datasets/ggerganov/whisper.cpp/tree/main
For example: https://huggingface.co/openai/whisper-large-v2/tree/main
15 files and three of them are 6.17GB. None are bin files.
I got pointed to the WhisperDesktop program so I'm trying to find as many options for that as possible.
Thanks.
so if you don't want to use the command line and are using a colab network you can add a few lines of code to pull the model. they are very large though...

from huggingface_hub import hf_hub_url, cached_download
import joblib

REPO_ID = "YOUR_REPO_ID"
FILENAME = "sklearn_model.joblib"

model = joblib.load(cached_download(
hf_hub_url(REPO_ID, FILENAME)
))

ericf

Jan 13, 2007
Using the WhisperDesktop and the medium.bin from the link, I get a very large srt but with mostly music notes and one or two different lines of the same subtitle repeated ad nauseam. Maybe 20-30 lines of proper dialog in all.
I'm trying with the large file now. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to go on with the web version.

Feb 25, 2023
Using the WhisperDesktop and the medium.bin from the link, I get a very large srt but with mostly music notes and one or two different lines of the same subtitle repeated ad nauseam. Maybe 20-30 lines of proper dialog in all.
I'm trying with the large file now. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to go on with the web version.
When evaluating models don't worry about looking at the output from several models over a 2 hr movie. Sometimes I'll get repeating lines or music as you said, so I will have to add an offset. If using whisper.cpp you can add an offset using the '-ot' parameter. It's in milliseconds. So if dialogue doesnt start until 1min 30 sec, i'll add '-ot 90000' . Sometimes whisper also sorta drops out due to how it's looking at previous tokens, so if i notice dialogue failing later on i'll just rerun those portions but only for 20-40 minutes or whatever I need for decent coverage.

example for starting 60 minutes into a movie to grab the last half of it:
main -m models/ggml-medium-ja.bin -f "VAGU-252.wav" -ot 3600000 -d 3657000-l ja -otxt -osrt -ocsv -of VAGU-252_1hr.ja-whisper-medium

ironfevers

Nov 9, 2019
Using the WhisperDesktop
repeated ad nauseam. Maybe 20-30 lines of proper dialog in all.
I don't see VAD (Voice Activity Detection) in that version. It was a hassle to install https://colab.research.google.com/github/ANonEntity/WhisperWithVAD/blob/main/WhisperWithVAD.ipynb locally but it was worth it. There were so many things to install like CUDA, cudnn, (I think these two are already installed if you have used javplayer before), install https://pytorch.org, and

Python:
pip install deepl srt ffmpeg-python
pip install git+https://github.com/openai/whisper.git

I have Python 3.9.13 and no compatibility issues. I can't say if Python 3.10 and newer have issues or not with packages like numpy, numba, etc. On my local pc, I changed the code so that it can queue up multiple audio paths. I can leave my pc on when I'm not home and whisper moves on to the next file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z1YX-YVgTZ2LoGDxmcK3BSYnZrWpSLYg/view?usp=share_link. I will explain the changes. Global variables for all the vad settings except audio_path is a parameter. Made a function called use_whisper and indented all the previous code into it. To queue up multiple audio, just copy paste use_whisper("your_path_to_audio_file") at the end (There is commented out code as an example). Also I added more words to the garbage list. Sounds like crackling and crying, and hallucinations such as, It's in my belly, and thank you for dinner gets deleted. To run, type python whisper-vad-function.py

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019

VENU-156 Miki Sato Copulation Steam Bath Incest Mother And Child

venu156pl.jpg

I used Whisper to produce this subtitle file for Venu156. I love this actress and I wanted to sub this movie because it seemed to have the same actor as the mother-son couple in Venu-348. My objective was to make it a prequel to VENU-348. As always however, I still had to clean it up a bit and re-interpreted some of the meaningless/ "lewd-less" dialog. Again, I don't understand Japanese or Chinese so my re-interpretations might not be totally accurate but I try to match what is happening in the scene. Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think of my "prequel".​

Attachments

• VENU-156 - Copy.rar
    5.9 KB · Views: 254

Chuckie100

Sep 13, 2019

I used Whisper to produce three more subtitle files for Venu-109, Venu-144, and Venu-169; which all stared Miki Satou. As always, I had to clean them up a bit and re-interpreted some of the meaningless/ "lewd-less" dialog. Again, I don't understand Japanese or Chinese so my re-interpretations might not be totally accurate but I try to match what is happening in the scene. Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think..​

Attachments

• VENU-109 - Copy.rar
    3.6 KB · Views: 240
  • VENU-144 - Copy.rar
    3 KB · Views: 237
  • VENU-169 - Copy.rar
    6.7 KB · Views: 243