Please post all forum bugs here

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
I've added another layer of traffic routing to not get hit by traffic limits.

Please report any errors you are facing.

edit
sometime in the future I have to do some maintenance on the database-servers. So there will be a downtime for some time... probably about 1 - 2 hours.
but I don't know when exactly this will happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoolKevin

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
Just pop a post here when you will have this planned.

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
I've noticed the 'unignore' option doesn't seem to work. In the past I would filter daily posts sometimes by ignoring certain users temporarily, but when I try to unignore, they remained set to ignored.

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
First image in a post is sometimes saved as htm, so its name looks like fre_suzu-h_01_022-jpg.2721115.htm instead of correct fre_suzu-h_01_022.jpg; while this can be manually corrected, should be rather not happening.

leona.lionheart

Sep 28, 2021
I've noticed the 'unignore' option doesn't seem to work. In the past I would filter daily posts sometimes by ignoring certain users temporarily, but when I try to unignore, they remained set to ignored.
1. I encountered this issue, too. Also, "follow" & "unfollow" has the similar problem (after follow, you can't unfollow).
2. The following list and ignoring list are empty even when you have followed or ignored some members.

Gear9

Jan 3, 2021
I can't seem to access this forum anymore with any of the Indian IPs, have tried all the Indian locations from two very well known vpns. Just wanna know if the site admins have made a decision to ban traffic from all Indian ips or its the Indian government yet again.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I can't seem to access this forum anymore with any of the Indian IPs, have tried all the Indian locations from two very well known vpns. Just wanna know if the site admins have made a decision to ban traffic from all Indian ips or its the Indian government yet again.
no, currently have no idea why you have problem connecting

Gear9

Jan 3, 2021
no, currently have no idea why you have problem connecting
It's all working now, but most probably the government did ban this website or blocked it for a few hours which is nothing strange, I asked my friend to check and they too weren't able to access the website without vpn.

I'm so happy it's back :)

leona.lionheart

Sep 28, 2021
1. I encountered this issue, too. Also, "follow" & "unfollow" has the similar problem (after follow, you can't unfollow).
2. The following list and ignoring list are empty even when you have followed or ignored some members.
1. The following / ignoring list will show the members you follow / ignore now, but still the unfollow / unignore is not working. Once you click, a message, "Your changes have been saved", pop up, but the member is still in the list and actually you still following / ignoring him.

leona.lionheart

Sep 28, 2021
1. The following / ignoring list will show the members you follow / ignore now, but still the unfollow / unignore is not working. Once you click, a message, "Your changes have been saved", pop up, but the member is still in the list and actually you still following / ignoring him.
Hi admin,
Is there a way to remove all the ignore list temporarily before it's fixed because I'm accidentally click the ignore button on some members and the activities of them are hidden (it needs to click the "Show ignored content" every time and I don't know if there are any effects besides this). Or could you please tell me about when this issue will be fixed.

Thank you!
:metabelo:

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
as you probably have noticed (except, if you are hitting the Asia Servers) we were down a "little" bit.

we are sorry for that - there was a mail-goes-to-spam-problem -.-

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
System is back again.
Expect sluggish behaviour as long as the refresh of threads and useres is still ongoing. (we are doing 3900 queries/sec at the moment; but i predict it will take another ~8 hours to finish)

Some thing have changed "under the hood"
e.g. the cluster is updated and looks like it's running in a good way
the way we handle queries to the cluster has changed - I hope there won't be any more errors, when the system tries to select and update in the same query.

Also i bricked the design while performing upgrades - sorry about that
The dark one is still broken - therefore disabled. Asap chompy sent me the updateded version i will import, update and reenable it.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Also it is still possible that a change in the database is not directly visible - this shouldn't be the case, since the change is checked in the whole cluster; but if there is running a huge update somewhere in the background, this could happen.

edit
open the forum up and we've broken through the 5k queries/sec barrier and nearing 5.5k

Last edited:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Thank you for all the help

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
BTW on new posts likes are counted correctly.

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
@reversevil, I guess that's the price of having the likes fixed... He was active the whole time by the way, it's not like he ever took a break. It's only easier to see him (and anyone else as well), when the likes work properly.

Reactions: reversevil

reversevil

Akiba Citizen
Nov 24, 2019
@reversevil, I guess that's the price of having the likes fixed... He was active the whole time by the way, it's not like he ever took a break. It's only easier to see him (and anyone else as well), when the likes work properly.

I dont mind the linking, but it would be good if notification from him would be disabled. My notification page gets filled with his notification and i can't even see if someone replied to one of my topics.

But lets wait how the fix this.

Reactions: granatnik

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
I dont mind the linking, but it would be good if notification from him would be disabled.
Disabling notification might be good, but could require code changes beyond the abilities of parties involved (how frequently you can see users being annoying with LIKES?), so that could be either disabling the user or... well... living with it, as we already had.
My notification page gets filled with his notification and i can't even see if someone replied to one of my topics.
I was getting a fair share of likes from him before, so I can imagine the storm he is causing, but you already might have too many likes coming in from others to see anything else, as you aren't that infrequent a poster. Your only option might be disabling "Reacts to your message" in your own preferences, this ought to reduce the noise significantly.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I was going to suggest trying to add him to your ignore list which might also ignore his likes, but I'm not sure it's even possible since I can't find a single post made by him, his profile is blocked and I couldn't find a way to manually add a user in the ignore page in my profile.