Please post all forum bugs here

SamKook

Akiba Citizen
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Please ... is the Search Function working????
The search bar on the top right of the website works fine for me using palemoon 29.2.0. Don't know if you're trying a different search though since there's more than 1 way to do it. Always helps to be as specific as you can when reporting a potential issue.

columbussnake

Jan 10, 2009
Thank You SamKook!
Yes, I'm using the search bar on the upper right ... as I have thousands of times before.
I've never had a problem in the past ... over many years.
Wish I knew what the problem is.

When I try a search ... I get the following message:

"Page could not be loaded​

The requested page could not be loaded.
  • Check your internet connection and try again.
  • Certain browser extensions, such as ad blockers, may block pages unexpectedly. Disable these and try again.
  • Akiba-Online.com may be temporarily unavailable. Please check back later.
Reload"

The rest of AKIBA-ONLINE seems to be working fine for me.

Help is much appreciated, I'm dead in the water without the search function.

SamKook

Akiba Citizen
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Which browser are you using and what version? Could be too old and it doesn't support a new feature from the updated forum software since it changed a couple weeks ago.
Also, what does it say in the address bar when you get that error?

A successful search should look like this("SEARCHTERMHERE" is what is written in the search box and the numbers will be different):
Code:
https://www.akiba-online.com/search/1261563/?q=SEARCHTERMHERE&o=date

Reactions: CoolKevin

columbussnake

Jan 10, 2009
Thanks for your help SamKook.
If I hit the "Reload" button in the message that I get (see above), the search function works.
So now I have a work around.
The problem is my old computer and old operating system (Vista) is not fully compatible.
I do have a new computer ... still in the box.
Yes .... I need to get to work.
Thanks again for your help.

PJB

Apr 12, 2007
I got this "page could not be loaded" error too, but in different pages. I thought maybe it was the site, but it was actually just my ISP blocking traffic to akiba. I've tweaked my browser to support SNI and DNS over https. Now it works *most* of the time..

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
Still being bugged by like undercounting - it quite well explains, why it is possible to have a like not showing up on post: if the board thinks that there are 0 likes, then it has no motivation to show who has already liked.

Giving this like-related problem a bump, as it gives a solid share of irritation every day.

akira-x265

Jun 4, 2021
It seems that tags are not displayed correctly even if they are set. If a thread is tagged the forum just shows "None" but if I click on edit it shows the tags of the thread. I'm not sure if this is already a known issue.

akira-x265

Jun 4, 2021
Sorry for the double post but it seems that likes or reactions don't seem to count at least on my posts.

Edit: It seems that the likes of the specific user that likes my posts are not counted.

Last edited:

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
Sorry for the double post but it seems that likes or reactions don't seem to count at least on my posts.

Edit: It seems that the likes of the specific user that likes my posts are not counted.
Not a specific, every post is undercounted. This is why a single like is not showing up, because board thinks there are none to display.