big problems with the editor and the signature

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
I have tried to use the standard editor, the enhanced interface too, but my editor just sucks. The only thing I even can do is to use it as a simple typewriter. The complete tool boxes on top and right of the posting window simply are dead. I cannot change characters to bold, or can I change the color style, I neither can put attachments directly into my post nor can I add smilies into it. At least I can post icons.

And the signature picture I´ve uploaded is not to be seen in any post. That´s weird too. But the text combined to it is to be seen... (just added something so you can see).

I´m using the same editors in HF, but there everything is o.k. - there are no problems. This seems to me to be quite unusual, so I would like to ask whether I have to change any configuration on my computer myself or where the problem could be located.

Last thing that happened about 10 mins ago - I had already completed this post in a similar way and wanted save it (using enhanced interface), but I got message that my post at least must have one letter, so the complete written post simply vanished during the saving process. So I had to change back to the standard editor to get this post done at all.

Please check and tell me what´s wrong - if possible. Thanks in advance.

=> added:I forgot to mention that I´m using Firefox in Windows XP

=====> After one day of brainstorming I thought that it could be nearly impossible that I would be the only one to whom this had happened. So I started to search all posts in the Site Support & Bugs section to look for similar ones. And I found the solution: I had used the spring theme! :relief:After switching to "blue" everything is o.k. now.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
My sig won't show up...

This is what I have written in the box to edit signature minus the spaces. I put them in so you can read it -

[ CENTER][ URL="http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5"][ IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/2i9jyi8.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

What am I doing wrong??

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
every time you post, you are given the option to display your sig or not with a little checkbox

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
Hmm i don't remember ever using that option before...

Maybe I did and forgot.

Thanks anyway