One code One thread + Screenshots

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
This and other torrent sections are in a mess,

A "One thread per title" rule will be instituted, That means a re-encode will be posted as a reply to an existing thread, never as a new thread. In other words, every DVD/Bluray/titles code will have one thread, and one thread only.

all posts must have screenshots from film/clip posted

all those posts/threads in the graveyard will be looked at and at some point be cleaned moved, and if there is any post there that is useful and needs to be replaced, or deleted , it will be done

This starts as of now, check you own time zones
Warnings and suspensions will given

Elldallan

Jan 19, 2013
Could the "must have screenshots" be amended to must have screenshots from the actual video posted, as posted(meaning that if screenshots are generated before watermark is encoded it's still a transgression)?
That way watermarks and such can be spotted.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Could the "must have screenshots" be amended to must have screenshots from the actual video posted, as posted(meaning that if screenshots are generated before watermark is encoded it's still a transgression)?
That way watermarks and such can be spotted.

yes very good point
made big for the blind

AS FROM NOW THE SCREENSHOTS ARE FROM THE FILM/CLIP POSTED

Elldallan

Jan 19, 2013
In that case, can you somehow make the title editable by the community? It should have some standard format like: actress name (kanji and english), title (english and kanji), and JAV code. This would make searching easier. Or maybe you could make some standard post submission form where they fill in that info and the title is generated automatically from it rather than having the user determine their own title. In case something is not known, another user could fill it in later.

Stuff like resolution, size, and format which posters put in titles now won't matter and actually would only confuse things if you are putting every version of the same title in one thread.
It would be awesome if something like that could be implemented but I doubt it could easily be. The changes would have to be done through some sort of change requests to prevent abuse which means it would have to be approved by a mod, which would give them a lot more work. Though I dunno how overworked they are at the moment :p

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
In that case, can you somehow make the title editable by the community? It should have some standard format like: actress name (kanji and english), title (english and kanji), and JAV code. This would make searching easier. Or maybe you could make some standard post submission form where they fill in that info and the title is generated automatically from it rather than having the user determine their own title.

If the rules was read properly, your wish is there, and it has been there for a long time

RULE 6) 6. When posting DVD rips or .ISOs, you must include the DVD code(s), enclosed in square brackets, at the very left of the thread title before everything else. Like this: [DVD-12345] It should be exactly as it is on the cover image, capitalization and hyphen included. If the DVD cover image is too small to make out the DVD code, you won't be penalized.

RULE 7) 7. Please post intelligent, legible messages. This means post in English to the best of your ability. This includes strange fonts or excessively distracting colours.

Or maybe you could make some standard post submission form where they fill in that info and the title is generated automatically from it rather than having the user determine their own title. In case something is not known, another user could fill it in later.
It would be awesome if something like that could be implemented but I doubt it could easily be. The changes would have to be done through some sort of change requests to prevent abuse which means it would have to be approved by a mod, which would give them a lot more work. Though I dunno how overworked they are at the moment :p

we did have members editing there own threads, but we had to remove that, because of abuse, some of us do change the titles when we come across them (time permitting) and requests, sometimes errors are made

yes we are overworked, but this one thread rule cut out a lot of reports,

loki777loki

Akiba Citizen
Jan 13, 2014
what point move from graveyard if there are no attached torrent, it some point it's conflict with rule
14. For torrent postings, attach the .torrent file(s) to the first post in the thread. Refrain from using external torrent-file hosts.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
what point move from graveyard if there are no attached torrent, it some point it's conflict with rule
14. For torrent postings, attach the .torrent file(s) to the first post in the thread. Refrain from using external torrent-file hosts.

Lets start here (it was reported and I responded to this)

1st post, illuminatus3 a highly trusted member, and his information is still there, and original poster, and members can see this and thank him as well,

2nd post manmanx no spam links to obscure sites

in the past many of us downloaded from the above links, and because our original thanks has been removed, and a lot of us still thank the original poster, or is it you want all the credit for yourself,

so what is your objection?

loki777loki

Akiba Citizen
Jan 13, 2014
lol it's was, but now no torrent's and this post brake rules, just change rule 14 then all be ok

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
lol it's was, but now no torrent's and this post brake rules, just change rule 14 then all be ok

that is a joke, you either have no regard of original posters, (to which your posts would not exist), or you are very selfish, either way NO change in rules, if you do not like it, stop coming here

Elldallan

Jan 19, 2013
I just curios why make rules and do things which one confilct with main rules
At the time they were posted those posts had torrents attached, so technically not a rule violation.

Reactions: CoolKevin

loki777loki

Akiba Citizen
Jan 13, 2014
technically it's violation, read rule, you see attached torrent in 1st post? rule clear like glass
we talk what we have now at the moment, we have rule that must be upgraded, section rules must complement not conflict with main rules. Akiba-online it's a big community and every community must have clear rules for comfort communication

Elldallan

Jan 19, 2013
technically it's violation, read rule, you see attached torrent in 1st post? rule clear like glass
we talk what we have now at the moment, we have rule that must be upgraded, section rules must complement not conflict with main rules. Akiba-online it's a big community and every community must have clear rules for comfort communication

14. For torrent postings, attach the .torrent file(s) to the first post in the thread.
Yes it says you have to attach a torrent file to the first post in the thread. Which was done when then post was made, so the post does not break the rules, but due to forum transition the torrent file doesn't exist anymore.
Unlike the rule regarding premium links it does not say that the post will be deleted if the condition is broken at at much later time.
So yes I agree, the rule is crystal clear, you much attach at torrent file to your post. But if at a later date that file disappears to no fault of your own it doesn't state that the post should/will be deleted.

But most importantly, it's up to the mods to interpret/enforce the rules, if they say it doesn't break the rules then it doesn't.
Or in the words of most if not all P&P RPG's: Rule #1; The GM is always right. Rule #2; if the GM is wrong see Rule #1.

loki777loki

Akiba Citizen
Jan 13, 2014
Yes it says you have to attach a torrent file to the first post in the thread. Which was done when then post was made, so the post does not break the rules, but due to forum transition the torrent file doesn't exist anymore.
Unlike the rule regarding premium links it does not say that the post will be deleted if the condition is broken at at much later time.
So yes I agree, the rule is crystal clear, you much attach at torrent file to your post. But if at a later date that file disappears to no fault of your own it doesn't state that the post should/will be deleted.

But most importantly, it's up to the mods to interpret/enforce the rules, if they say it doesn't break the rules then it doesn't.
Or in the words of most if not all P&P RPG's: Rule #1; The GM is always right. Rule #2; if the GM is wrong see Rule #1.

we not in rpg, it's community of peoples not players. this community have rules if rules not perfect need evolve, need changes.
you know AO have rule 19. and here we have a big logic problem when one moderator act broke other moderator rule.

Reactions: dwnldingDaikaiju

Elldallan

Jan 19, 2013
we not in rpg, it's community of peoples not players. this community have rules if rules not perfect need evolve, need changes.
you know AO have rule 19. and here we have a big logic problem when one moderator act broke other moderator rule.
No it's not an rpg but you're completely missing my point. Essentially the same thing applies, we as users don't own this site or have any say in how it's run. Chompy does and he can do whatever he pleases with it.
The rules are merely there to cut down on unneccessary infraction for our benefit, they can be applied as the mods pleases and could just as well have been invisible.

And as I said, it doesn't violate rule #14, because rule 14 only says that when you make a post you need to include a torrent with the first post. And at the time of posting the original graveyarded thread a torrent file was included, so the post is legit. But due to external events it has since been lost.
And because the original post was legitimate at that time of posting it still is the first post and the creator should get credit for it, and therefore the graveyarded post should be revived.

I see absolutely no conflict here, but then I'm not trying to make money off image links...

Now for a question to coolkevin or some other mod, if one wants to reupload a graveyarded thread how do you go about getting that thread restored? Make a new one and report myself with a request for change?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
but you're completely missing my point.

he has completely missed the point for months, I would let him stew under his own words, I have done many PMs with him

Now for a question to coolkevin or some other mod, if one wants to reupload a graveyarded thread how do you go about getting that thread restored? Make a new one and report myself with a request for change?

yes start a new thread, you can report it and request it to be moved, and also state it is for my attention, and I will deal with it

Thank you, (possibly best to ignore him)

Reactions: Elldallan

manmanx

Akiba Citizen
May 4, 2010
He may not care about the credit, but may worry about no one click his small pictures.:D

About the 1 code 1 thread, since there will be more than 1 format in the same thread, Title which cannot be modified no longer reflect those infomations. I already miss download ISO version when it is added some days later. No infomation if there are some new chats or new file added from the tile(or from the forum page)

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
yes I did read the post, but have you read the rules, it has been there for a long time, using a snap shot is not screenshots, it is to see if they are fakes and to see if there are watermaks, in this case there is a good chance of watermarks