Request for Comments: major changes coming to the Idol DVD & Bluray Downloads section

sngbngdng1

Aug 23, 2010
The idea is to find and pay a developer to modify the forum...

Sounds pricy. Alternate suggestion:

Step 1:
Ask users to tag threads with the DVD code. I think all members are allowed to add tags, so no special permission.
Tags should be with and without the dash. For example, I just tagged this thread for a BeFree video:
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=832979&highlight=BF150
I used BeFree, BF, BF150, BF-150
Step 2:
Ask users to click on the video-specific tags after they submit.
Is that the only thread with that tag? If no, move on to step 3.
Step 3:
Report multiple posts to proper admin, who then merges threads.
Step 4:
Rinse and repeat

This doesn't help with the existing problem of megathreads and threads with multiple titles. Just an idea. Thanks for the hard work!

:hypno: <-- "You're getting sleepy... It's a brilliant idea... brilliant... idea..."

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
My half cent

bump!
I was thinking something like this

• Direct Download (Forum)
    • IMOM-XX (Sub-Forum)
      • imom-001 (thread)
      • imom-002
      • imom-003
    • TASKJ-XX (Sub-Forum)
      • taskj-001 (thread)
      • taskj-002
      • taskj-003
    • CPSKY-XX (Sub-Forum)
      • cpsky-001 (thread)
      • cpsky-002
      • cpsky-003

or

• Direct Download (Forum)
    • Shihono Ryo (Idol's name Sub-forum)
      • abc-001 (dvd-code/title thread)
      • abc-002
      • abc-003
    • Yuko Ogura
      • xyz-001
      • xyz-002
      • xyz-003

iamnowonline

Apr 10, 2008
One possible solution is to have a forced search on the server side for titles that exist already, like gmail or yahoo mail's name checking thing. A spelling checker of some sort can detect if "http://" or "www." or "NameOfKnownHosts.xxx" has been typed in, which could then force the poster to complete a checkpoint:

for instance, thread starter has to fill out catalog number. If someone wants to upload ABDC-1234, there would be a spot to type it in, along with the hyphen, and won't let the user upload until they press the "check availability" button. The server goes through the database and then if it's not found, a green check appears next to the name, which then allows them to post with "http://" or "www." or "HostName.abc" etc etc.

....or does this require extensive programming....?

Reactions: DuyDang01

minkosweet

Aug 19, 2014
hmm all sound like good ideas.. i mean the superherion theads just needs to be deleted completely because none of them links work and maybe somebody will start a new thead on them ..and clean up is good as well ..and great job over the years akiba keep up the good work and thanks ..and love the boards :D

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
hmm all sound like good ideas.. i mean the superherion theads just needs to be deleted completely because none of them links work and maybe somebody will start a new thead on them ..and clean up is good as well ..and great job over the years akiba keep up the good work and thanks ..and love the boards :D

not deleted completely, there is a lot of info on there, and what was good, over the clean up phases on many threads, key info has been lost, so now clean up takes a different form, and takes a lot longer, I can look into it,

Reactions: Ceewan