Offering special service to bath house guests - similar movies to MDYD-821?

billinauburn

Aug 15, 2008
Mega doesn't seem to be working. Gets about half way and resets each and every part. Thanks for trying. Just thought you would want to know.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
Hmm, I just tried part 4 of HAVD-183 and it downloaded the file just fine. No idea whether it was just a temporary issue or a problem at your end.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
a small party with these men which is also hold in the bath house (so maybe it's a Roykan - a Japanese guest house - and not just a bathhouse).

Great thread! Maybe I'd offer my two bits about bath houses etc.

They are all different establishments in Japan.

Ryokan is close to a guest house or bed and breakfast in the west. Usually small, family-run and most importantly, family-friendly. Many of them are budget-traveler or salary-man oriented. If I need to spell it out, don't expect any hanky panky in there. So if a JAV is situated in a ryokan, understand the film as something kinky or inappropriate. For now I actually can't remember a single JAV situated in a ryokan, but then ... my JAV collection is laughably small.

銭湯 pronounced Sentō, is a bath house. You go there to take a bath, period. A common sight around town, a common event. A small luxury accessible to even salary-man or even the whole family with modest means. Basically you walk a few minutes from your home (perhaps after an honest day or work), take a bath, soak your stresses away and walk home. Again no hanky panky. But I seem to recall a lot of crime and/or yakuza films featuring a scene in a bath house.

温泉 pronounced Onsen is a hot spring or spa. Literally it's hot spring, so I'd expect there's a natural geothermal source of water, but I'm not sure it's absolute requirement. But usually it's in the countryside, you have to drive there or hire some kind of transport. My SO and I've been to one where my hosts (a couple) drove 45 minutes there, we sight-see around town (village?) a bit, took a bath and had dinner in another restaurant. I seem to recall it costed only 2000 Yens or 2500 Yens per person for the bath. So that's the kind that's just a more upscale bath house with a hot spring and basically a part of a week-end or day trip to the country.

There's also the kind that should be called a spa resort in the west. In this case the establishment itself is a hotel, bath, restaurant and (very important) bar all-in-one. You go there usually for 2 days 1 night and just stay in the establishment and get pampered and likely get quite drunk. It's also a reasonably clean, i.e. it's not too hard to placate one's wife when she find a charge from a hot spring in one's credit card bill. Also companies often takes the employees (including the women) to a hot spring as benefit or reward. Of course it's also common for men to take their mistresses there. Again it's supposed to be family-friendly, but there are many JAV situated in hot springs. I especially like the sub-genre of a group of female friends (tend not to be innocent girls as they are supposed to lack the financial means to afford the luxury) go for a weekend of pampering and by any story devices end up in various debaucheries. There's also the sub-genre of "royal game" where a group of (rich and/or powerful?) men take a bunch of girls and act out a form of traditional debauchery: riddles, drinking games, swap partners etc. I like this sub-genre too, but gosh they can be very slow-going at times especially if you don't understand Japanese and don't enjoy these drawn-out scene that might be entertaining to a Japanese man but we don't since there's no nudity or sex. I ofter have to fast forward to the sex, especially group sex (but a few times the group sex scene can be disappointing). Also the sub-genre fan appreciation or thanksgiving (感谢祭) often situated in a spa resort and sometimes it takes the format of a royal game too. But in general I like the fan appreciation genre better since (1) usually these feature top JAV idols (2) it's more relaxed and free-form than royal games (3) more skin less talk.

Finally there's soapland, in Japanese I seem to find it written in katakana ソープランド Sōpurando or just ソープ Sōpu. Here it's an outright brothel which also happens to give you a refreshing bath as a by-product. Needless to say this is a major genre in JAV and every actress have done at least one soap film. Like the other poster I also find this genre a little boring. There's no story (that's the point of the genre or, in real life, going to soapland, you pay some money, relieve yourself and leave), and the sex act often follows a rigid formula, and worst of all, the final release comes by way of hand job, since in real life, that's as far as you get in a law-abiding establishment.

You can find plenty of JAV by each of these keywords 銭湯, 温泉 and ソープ. The former two and last one are very different, as the women you encounter in 銭湯 and 温泉 are not sex workers so you need some kind of plot, maybe a kinky situation. And I think there's a noticeable difference between JAV in sento and onsen too. A sento is more working class, and there would be less privacy. And perhaps... the actress might be less good looking than those in an onsen JAV, statistically speaking?

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
Thanks for the explanation. As someone who has never been to Japan, I didn't know about all the different versions.

Finally there's soapland, in Japanese I seem to find it written in katakana ソープランド Sōpurando or just ソープ Sōpu. Here it's an outright brothel which also happens to give you a refreshing bath as a by-product. Needless to say this is a major genre in JAV and every actress have done at least one soap film. Like the other poster I also find this genre a little boring. There's no story (that's the point of the genre or, in real life, going to soapland, you pay some money, relieve yourself and leave), and the sex act often follows a rigid formula, and worst of all, the final release comes by way of hand job, since in real life, that's as far as you get in a law-abiding establishment.

There are some exceptions to this, where there is a bit of story. Usually it's about women who are in various ways forced to go work in a soapland or who do so part time and are recognised by someone they know from their "other life". But I have to agree, the large majority is fairly boring.