Movie Codecs and Help..

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

neeko

Apr 15, 2008
I've also had my run in's with this problem.

Of all the rmvb torrents that get uploaded here; 5 in 10 will get the unable to render error
and 2 in those 5 will be able to play in real player.

Its a shame since the file itself seems perfectly healthy. Haven't found any solutions to it or any players that will play it

Malkav

Jan 5, 2009
Yea well i can usually run rmvb files perfectly, but its good to know im not the only one having this problem... although it seemed to work for mostly everyone else who downloaded it

Malkav

Jan 5, 2009
Ok, im sorry for this guys but after completely forgetting the file i mentioned half a year ago i have discovered it again.
I do have some more information that i missed before
It is not a single file, the files are:

4 Padding Files
1 Stackdump file
The Realmedia file

Thanks (it just looks like a good movie)

porbeagle13

Aug 31, 2009
Lost!!!

I really hope someone can assist me with my problem. I have looked throughout the website and nothing I seem to try helps. My question pertains to http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82607. I downloaded the first part of the video just fine. I have tried downloading the second, third, and fourth parts (of the 12 total parts) with no luck. I use rapidshare and I receive the entire file, but the video won't play. DIVX won't play the files at all, but with MPC, the video is there, but distorted. I somehow ended up with 2 versions of MPC and the second version gives me the following error: MainConcept (Muvee) MPEG Demultiplexer::MPEG4. I have tried the following codecs with no help: XP-Codec-Pack_2.5.0; K-LiteCodecPack510Full; and Combined-Community-Codec-Pack-2009-09-09. I have also tried to play the videos on vlc-1.0.1-win32, but no video shows up at all. I am using Windows Vista and really want to be able to watch this video (I have been searching for a video like this forever). Are these files corrupt, am I not using the right codecs, etc? I would really appreaciate any advice anyone could give me since I don't understand why the first part worked with no problems. I am currently stuck with dial-up, so everyone of these downloads has taken me around 10 hours to complete. Thanks everyone for your assistance.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
The video requires standard codecs (DIVX5 and MP3).
Have you joined the different parts before playing ?

I have the impression that you tried to play the .0XX file directly.
Of course most the split files cannot be played, because they don't have a header that tells what it really is.
Only the first part has it.

The .001 to .012 parts have to be joined to make "meanup_sun05.avi". HJsplit or FFSJ can do that.

These programs have been discussed heavily in other threads of this section.

BudKona

Nov 18, 2008
I just built a new gaming computer (i7, 2 Radeon 5750 CrossfireX video cards, Windows 7) Do I need to install a codec package or would most of what I need already be bundled in here between the ATI software and Windows 7?

Thanks for any help.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Sure, you can play the most basic xvid, divx, and etc.
But you'll have issues with softsubs and some multi-stream files.
Hardware is irrelevant, and 7 doesn't come with open source/community software.

Just get CCCP or k-lite.
They set you up with almost everything you need to view anime/jr. stuff/whatever.

BudKona

Nov 18, 2008
Sure, you can play the most basic xvid, divx, and etc.
But you'll have issues with softsubs and some multi-stream files.
Hardware is irrelevant, and 7 doesn't come with open source/community software.

Just get CCCP or k-lite.
They set you up with almost everything you need to view anime/jr. stuff/whatever.

Thanks much Denamic. I'll go with CCCP for now.

sotirod

Sep 30, 2009
I think I have identical problems with Malkav.

ThIs is the torrent I downloaded:
- http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109668&highlight=version+morishita

It seems well, the downloading went smooth yet I could not play the file.

I have tried playing it with vlc, and it didnt work.
I have also installed the CCCP Codec and K-lite codec, the file still cannot be played.

I have downloaded some files using torrents and all were good, except this one.

Any assistance please?

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
- http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/sh...sion+morishita

I have also installed the CCCP Codec and K-lite codec, the file still cannot be played.

Any assistance please?

Just download the video and it plays in Media Player Classic for me.

rawdawg

Nov 20, 2008
Should I remove ffdshow tryout and keep CCCP instead? Im asking because of encoding issues (programs not finding the codecs/etc)...

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
CCCP uses ffdshow too.

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
I think I have identical problems with Malkav.

- http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109668&highlight=version+morishita

Any assistance please?

VLC sux, try with Kmplayer or Gomplayer, if the video is broken won't run in either of those videoplayer, with embedded codecs will not need ffdshow.

fucker99

Jan 20, 2010
any one know how to open XXX.xvid.avi.bc! files? i tried xvid codec, vlc player,, wmp..all is not working please help.