audio problem "vo3+" error

rawdawg

Nov 20, 2008
I have downloaded a few flicks from here and in some of them i'm not getting audio. I use the VLC player and also the cccp codec pack but so far I havent been able to hear it. I want to convert the movies (originally in either .avi or .rm format) to PSP .mp4 but the converters dont recognize any audio.

Recently I checked the statistics of the files when I played them and found theres an audio coded called "vo3+" which I think is a ogg vorbis codec. I believe I downloaded this codec already with the pack and im still surprised I cant hear anything.

Ive tried other boards but no one has a modern solution. Some say to extract the audio and convert it....sure...but which program can extract it? Most of the time when I tried to use extractors they dont see the audio either....ack!

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
vo3+ = ogg vorbis 3 plus

I had the same problems with one Urotsukidoji file that used the same audio codec, and I had to reencode (painfully) the audio seperatly to be sure that it would work for everyone. I used VirtualDub to extract the audio (direct stream copy). The extension has to be .WAV even so it's not a wave uncompressed file. Then I could convert it to MP3 through Winamp's MP3 Writer plugin (and i'm still using version 2).
It may not be the "standard" way, but it worked for me.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I download VirtualDub 1.9.11. But I can't extract the audio track because it shows me the following error right at the moment I want to load the movie file into it.

attachment.php

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
It could not open because you don't have the XVID video codec installed, apparently. You can install it as part of various codec packs (like CCCP), or install ffdshow and set the VFW (Video For Windows) configuration to be able to decode XVID codec with it. Then Virtualdub should be able to open the file.