Lesbians are good! USENET LEZ only SPOTS, FINDS & REQs. Usenet tutorial at beginning

wwilk

Nov 20, 2009
Here's what happens after I download/join. The same problem I had with my previous copy.It won't play on VLC or Windows media either. DVDES-332, forgot to quote

gyoza ramen & a beer

Feb 20, 2009
Here's what happens after I download/join. The same problem I had with my previous copy.It won't play on VLC or Windows media either. DVDES-332, forgot to quote

That's an MPC screen grab, right? While I'll have to leave it to SamKook or one of the other tech-adept posters to trouble-shoot for you, I get that same screen probably once a month with MPC but when I click on the close "x" button, the vid is there playing underneath it.

Weird, I know...

wwilk

Nov 20, 2009
I was on the IRC with Sam Kook and he is aware of it so we shall see. He really knows his stuff so hopefully something can be done.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009

Well I'm no expert but what I would try first is Avidemux which sometimes sorts out issues just by re-saving the file from within it. Its doesn't recode it unless told to so the whole process is quick.

Like Gyoza said, most times just clicking the X will cure it.

What codec pack are you using or are all your codecs hand installed or dont you know what I'm talking about ?

If worst came to the worse then you could re-encode it, the loss would be minimal if you re-encode with a higher bitrate but there is always some loss and the file size maybe bigger than the original.

Link to AvideMux
http://dontknow.me/at/http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

Hope this helps

EDIT: If you have the version of DVDES-332 that we all downloaded from Akiba then I've just checked it and on my system with media player classic, I get no error but the seeking is slow so I'm guessing the Indexing is all messed up.

I've added an attachment with detailed MediaInfo file from DVDES-332 which may help SamK.

If it helps, I use KlCodec Full version.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
gyoza, ramen & a beer is right, you should be able to see the video once you close that window and Moxy is also right, the indexing is messed up(probably due to corruption) so seeking will probably be slow which is why the error message says to fix it before burning it to a slow media like a cd since it has to do a lot more reading than normal to seek. I said probably since my computer is fast enough to still seek instantly(from my hdd, it would be slow from a cd) so if I didn't know it had a problem, I wouldn't even have notice.

You'll only see this error if you use mpchc internal codecs which is why Moxy doesn't see it since all codec pack uses a bunch of external filters and why I didn't see it at first with my 32bit player since I use LAVfilters.

Enough with the explanations, here's how to fix it. It needs reinterleaving which is exactly what avidemux is doing by default and the corruption didn't delay the audio so all you need to do is install it, open the video, says yes to the error message since the video track is h264 which an avi isn't too fond of and save the file with a new name. So Moxy's first solution was right.

Since the video is in h264, you could also put it in a mkv container instead which handles it a lot better than avi's. All you need to do is install mkvtoolnix, start mkvmerge, add the video, change the output name if you want to and click on start muxing.

Both solution won't reencode the video, only change/fix the container so there's no quality loss.

wwilk

Nov 20, 2009
Thanks Sam Kook, I will try it when I get home from work. BTW, I use the same codec pack as Moxy.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
BTW, I use the same codec pack as Moxy.

Hmm, that's a bit odd. Maybe it's a different version and yours is configured differently than Moxy or he deactivated the message a while back.

And after a closer look, I also use mpchc default avi splitter(which is what I meant to say instead of internal codecs, my bad) with all my players so I'm not exactly sure what make the error message pop up anymore.

I was about to say something that might have gotten me rocks thrown at, but it seems that k-lite codec pack got rid of a bunch of redundant codecs so the possibility of conflict is greatly reduced.

Edit: For those interested in the technical stuff: After a bit of reading, it seems I was wrong about the cause of the problem(the solution is still the same though).

It's not the index that's wrong, it's where it points to. The avi was originally created(or modified) to have the audio completely at the end of the file instead of following the video through the file like a normal avi(which isn't too surprising for a software that puts h264 into an avi). This means that the player has to constantly go to the end of the file to read the audio and then come back to where the video is to read it too which means it's harder to read so it needs a more powerful machine and/or a faster media to play it properly.

Since it's also the container's job to handle that, changing/fixing it will move the audio to the right place and recreate the index.

Also, it really is the avi splitter that displays this, but it looks like almost everything uses or is based on the same avi splitter(the one created by gabest) so maybe some codecs or players disable the message and some don't, it's almost impossible to find out.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Prolly the reason why I don't get the error and you do it that I've configured FDDShow so that it allows certain file formats to be loaded into VirtualDub. I cant remember exactly what at the mo because I'm posting this via my Iphone but if you wish I could look more when I get back home.

@SamK

Thanks for the link to MkvTools. I didn't know about this piece of software so thanks. I've done a lot of video editing over the years, mainly just cutting and pasting with Vdub but utilities like these are very helpful to us amateurs :)

A question for you Sam. Would it be possible to remove the video and audio from a MkV and re-merge it into a .avi so I could play it back on my Xbox because the xbox wont play Mkv. I'm guessing its just a case of extracting with MkvTools and then re-joining the vid and audio in something like Vdub?

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Would it be possible to remove the video and audio from a MkV and re-merge it into a .avi so I could play it back on my Xbox because the xbox wont play Mkv. I'm guessing its just a case of extracting with MkvTools and then re-joining the vid and audio in something like Vdub?

Yes, it can be done as long as the xbox(360 I assume) support the actual video and audio codecs from inside the mkv since you can pretty much put anything in there. You just need to open it with avidemux and save it as avi.
If you want to extract something with mkvtoolnix(but that's not usually necessary since muxing softwares usually accept the most popular containers as input), you also need to download mkvextractgui2(unless you feel like doing it via command line) and put it in mkvtoolnix folder. I think there's a link to it at the end of the mkvtoolnix install.

I would recommend you try putting it into a mp4 first though since I think the xbox can play those too and it's a lot better than avi and very similar to mkv. I'm pretty sure you can do it with mp4box and one of its GUI. I'm not sure how since I never used it but it should be pretty obvious.

If it doesn't work, there's wmvmuxer which seem to be able to take other format and put them in wmv and they talk about xbox360 compatibility so that's pretty much what you want. I also never used it and don't know its reputation, but since it's from the doom9 forum and people aren't insulting him there, it's probably good.

fjcruiser

Jun 9, 2012
SPOTS!

VIS-036 - Mimi Asuka, Keiko Takigawa, Ichika Tsubaki, Mai Takakura - Deep Lesbian

VIS-038 - Misa Yuuki, Ryoko Murakami, Sayaka Yuuki, Tsukasa Minami - Deep Lesbian~Innocent Shellfish Training 2

XY-60 - Schoolgirl Lesbians - Senpai and Me

wwilk

Nov 20, 2009
Wow, Sam Kook. Mkvmerge worked perfectly and took under 2 min. Thanks again! And to Fjcruiser, sorry your thread got a little hijacked here. I will do my best to stay on point from now on.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Yes, it can be done as long as the xbox(360 I assume) support the actual video and audio codecs from inside the mkv since you can pretty much put anything in there. You just need to open it with avidemux and save it as avi.
If you want to extract something with mkvtoolnix(but that's not usually necessary since muxing softwares usually accept the most popular containers as input), you also need to download mkvextractgui2(unless you feel like doing it via command line) and put it in mkvtoolnix folder. I think there's a link to it at the end of the mkvtoolnix install.

I would recommend you try putting it into a mp4 first though since I think the xbox can play those too and it's a lot better than avi and very similar to mkv. I'm pretty sure you can do it with mp4box and one of its GUI. I'm not sure how since I never used it but it should be pretty obvious.

If it doesn't work, there's wmvmuxer which seem to be able to take other format and put them in wmv and they talk about xbox360 compatibility so that's pretty much what you want. I also never used it and don't know its reputation, but since it's from the doom9 forum and people aren't insulting him there, it's probably good.

Thanks you.

The 360 wont run MKV or at-least the last time I updated it, it wouldn't.
It does play .Wmv but I cant remember on .Mp4. I usually just try at get a hold of .avi but obviously that's not always possible.

Thanks again for the very useful info and links.

Kurbster

Jun 14, 2007
I am planning on uploading XY-32, but the aspect ratio is messed up. I'm going to have to play around with re-encoding

should be up within the next few hours

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I am planning on uploading XY-32, but the aspect ratio is messed up. I'm going to have to play around with re-encoding

should be up within the next few hours

If it's an mkv or mp4, that can easily be fixed with a tool that modifies the container(mkvmerge for mkv, not sure for mp4).
And if it's an avi, it can be modified without reencoding with MPEG4Modifier. That's, of course, only the display aspect ratio, but any good media player will respect it. Most external players(like dvd player that support divx) will probably ignore it though, but there's no need for a re-encode that will bring quality loss if you play it on a computer.

If it's a wmv or some other format, there might also be a way, but I'm not aware of one.

Kurbster

Jun 14, 2007
If it's an mkv or mp4, that can easily be fixed with a tool that modifies the container(mkvmerge for mkv, not sure for mp4).
And if it's an avi, it can be modified without reencoding with MPEG4Modifier. That's, of course, only the display aspect ratio, but any good media player will respect it. Most external players(like dvd player that support divx) will probably ignore it though, but there's no need for a re-encode that will bring quality loss if you play it on a computer.

If it's a wmv or some other format, there might also be a way, but I'm not aware of one.
unfortunately, it took a little bit more than that. Every program I used had the aspect ratio detected as unknown, so I had to set it to 4:3. Then when that was done, there was a huge black frame around the video.....so in the end, I just re-encoded using avidemux while forcing the aspect ratio, cropping the black border, and resizing slightly. But it's done

XY-32 - Seniors and Me 32

savajex

pretty girl lover
Aug 11, 2012
fjcruiser, thanks for all these DEEP uploads! So many rezu JAVs, so little time in this world
:notagain:

fjcruiser

Jun 9, 2012
SPOTS!

YUYU-007 - Hitomi Kitagawa, Nao Tachibana - Busty Anime Lesbian~Bunny Pyon Pyon and Kitty Nyan Nyan

EBOD-178 - Arisu Ozawa, Maki Houjou - First Lesbian

savajex

pretty girl lover
Aug 11, 2012
YUYU-007 Hitomi Kitagawa, Nao Tachibana - Busty Anime Lesbian~Bunny Pyon Pyon and Kitty Nyan Nyan :bingo:

fjcruiser

Jun 9, 2012
YUYU-007 Hitomi Kitagawa, Nao Tachibana - Busty Anime Lesbian~Bunny Pyon Pyon and Kitty Nyan Nyan :bingo:

Thanks, i was going to call it "lesbians in silly hats" :) :gayprance:

fjcruiser

Jun 9, 2012
NEW!!! Uploads from last nite........ Enjoy :)

ANND-102 - Squirting Lesbians

FSET-298 - Lesbian Night Crawling 1
[two parts]