Usenet Made Simple

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

garbro77

Oct 15, 2010
For those who would like to try downloading from Usenet, but don't have time/don't want to do the learning,
There's a free Usenet service that lets you download from Usenet, via nzb, using your regular web browser.

It's called UsenetStorm, & the short version is, it lets you upload an nzb file from your computer to their server,
where the files are collected & put into a zip archive.
When the processing is completed (less than 3 mins each time I tested it), you go to a download page to get it.
There's a good article with more info & how-to on TorrentFreak

I tried 3 nzb's, one after the other, to see if the site would allow it, & had no problem each time.
Downloading was steady around 277 KBytes/sec on all 3 downloads. The only limits for free users
are a cap on download speed, & a 500 MB limit on files that your nzb points to. I split an nzb for a 575 MB video
into 2 smaller nzb's, & downloaded both with no trouble, extracting & then combining the split parts as usual.

After years of saying that free Usenet is crap compared to Usenet that costs $$, I found this exception.
I didn't see anything posted here about it, so I thought I'd pass it along for anyone who may be interested.
This is Usenet downloading with much less trouble than you get from being a free downloader on the file lockers!

nanank99

Newbie Forever!
May 18, 2009
yup, cant agreed more
i myself already tried it, and it worked really really great and amazing (just to said how good it really is)
and what is also good is that it support resume, for 24hours, it should be enough, if u need more time, just upload the same nzb, and you can resume again...not many file hosting support this for free user

i hope usenet will be more known in the future

garbro77

Oct 15, 2010
One thing that's changed on UsenetStorm: maximum file size your nzb can point to is now 200 MB.

garbro77

Oct 15, 2010
Aw rats, Usenetstorm is offline & the domain is up for sale. Info here.

I hope someone will buy it & it will be back online.

asianphreak

Mar 30, 2007
You can also use Newsbin Pro's built-in subscription search function. Type in a keyword to search for what you're looking for, and be on your merry downloading way. Newsbin Pro pretty much makes it drop dead simple to download content. Not only can you search for the stuff, but after you download it, it will automatically unarchive it for you--all so you can fap that much quicker! ;-)

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I had to download something older than my retention permits today and after discovering that usenetstorm was dead, a quick search made me discover nzblord.com and nzbload.com which have a similar free service.

The Newsbin pro search service doesn't have a free option with limitations though if I'm not mistaken.