[JIC] Separate threads by posters?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
DDL photosets in the JIC is getting (already?) a bit unweildy, imo. Although posts are sorted by model, there is no consistency between what filehosts are used, how related photosets are grouped together (they usually aren't), how missing photosets are kept track of, who posted what, in what quality, if certain sets are password-protected, and so on.

When uploading photosets, I find myself having to check and recheck what everyone else (myself included) has already uploaded, try to fill in missing sets or re-upload sets that were posted in lower quality, etc.

Giving each poster their own thread in which to post their updates alleviates a lot of those issues: same filehosts, consistent photoset grouping, no need to worry if someone else already posted part of the same set (but in different quality? or filehosts?), etc.

But of course it removes the single most useful filter: sorting by model.

So I'm just wondering if there are any suggestions on how to make DDLs a bit easier to manage? Or should it be left as-is, despite it being a bit harder for posters to keep track of what everyone else has (and hasn't) uploaded?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
the biggest problem with single posters/members own threads, is that they would never check to see what others has posted, you would then get 100s of repeat posts, a perfect example already exists in the JAV section, we mods spend hours a day just going through reported posts, that are just like it, I would hate to think how many would be the same if it is open, In some cases I have known to see over 15 filehosters in 1 thread, and there was many sizes and formats,

I do understand where you are coming from, I have been thinking of something for a while, but, will it work ?

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
Although I agree that it's a bit of a mess, I'm of the opinion that it should be kept as it is.

But that's only because I can't think of any better alternatives

teaser

Mar 27, 2007
CoolKevin/Handyman/Mods/SuperMods/ your Awsomeness!

The DDl section, please God o' mighty ....New Rules PLEASE! It's a tragic mess.

Floods of reposts, repost, repost, then some more reposts, everybodys taking turns reposting one another (or could be same person with mutiple accounts) Cha' Chinging. Thank God no Oron.......yet.

Clips should be moved out of DD (Full Movie) section to another. Appreciate the sharing but the flood is almost unbearable and needs to be leashed. :notagain:

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
The staff is currently hashing out some new rules, stay tuned.

teaser

Mar 27, 2007
I'm liking the improvements. Exclusive uploader is a nice touch. ADMINs/MODs THANK YOU.