Content wise suggestion

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

rsuploader

May 30, 2010
1. I would like to suggest the prevention of posting the same content within 48 hours or so. This would decrease SPAM and increase QUALITY. With an average of 25 page per day, only half of it will be unique post, the half are just reuploaded to another filehost. The forums had enough resources but since the SPAMMAGE continues, the users will suffer during peak visiting hours.

2. Deletion of post of BANNED users. Most of the BANNED users had already spam the board, why would you still keep those posts? (While not hurting your SEO rating)

3. Strict implementation of double posting rule. With the 15 max post on DDL subsection and the privilege of posting unlimited amount if 180 posts had been reached. Try to see how this goes :

"A person would post 15 threads a day for about 12 days with MULTI tags on his thread or a reuploaded without searching if his filehost was already in here. After that he would now choose 1 NEW filehost then SPAM the hell out of the forums."

I already reported such persons explaining how they exploit the privilege of having post greater than 180. Please try to look at these persons.

Feedbacks and violent reaction are welcomed. Thank You for reading.​

Fermina

Nov 1, 2010
I agree... There are a lot of spammers... For example in hongfire(dot)com
the user had to have at least 30 non spam post to write in the direct download section and there are no spammers.

Spammers spammers everywere...

rsuploader

May 30, 2010
Yes. The proliferation of these SPAMMER will contribute to high loads in the server and the DECREASE in visitor's satisfaction with Akiba's Content.

I hope further restriction willl be applied to the forum.​

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
2. Deletion of post of BANNED users. Most of the BANNED users had already spam the board, why would you still keep those posts? (While not hurting your SEO rating)

We do deleted there posts, but we can only see there last 500 posts deleted or not.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
1. something to think about, but it would be fair to do that if the first poster provides enough mirrors (which is most of the time the case, I admit). I fear this leads to even more "first poster gets the cookie" mania that we had already.
2. it depends on the infraction, for instance we do this most of the time for multis (which is the main reason users are banned)
3. Dunno lol. This is a multi-parameter problem, with too many users, too many filehosters, too many new releases per week, too few moderators :notagain:

Ultimately what we need is a real hierarchy between good posters and bad posters, but setting up the thing is not easy.

rsuploader

May 30, 2010
1. If the admins can come up with a specific list of recommended/allowed filehost then uploaders would be limited to that.

Some forums have Required Filehost + Any of your choice mirror.

In this way both the free user and premium user will benefit in downloading.

2. BANNED USERS's post shouldn't be in here anymore. Since most of their download links are dead.

3. You can easily spot users with this tactics. Most of them would post right at first, even though what they are posting are infact double post with filehosting links already posted. Then after the 180 posts, they will be now focusing on one filehost then SPAM the hell out of the forums with this NEW FILEHOSTING.

I can name some of them and you can investigate. I'll just PM if any mods/admins would like to know who they are.

I also notice the mods would really have the same GMT. We can have some mods with the alternate GMT.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
We do deleted there posts, but we can only see there last 500 posts deleted or not.

Actually there are a few tricks for that. Playing with the search routine you can prioritize different parameters, (such as newest posts, oldest posts, most viewed, etc.,). It is a little timeconsuming however. Another idea might be to put a delete on sight for any banned users posts.

I would like to point out that, relevant or not, not every banned users posts violate the rules. Otherwise they would likely have been banned earlier. Sooner or later they just get greedy.

A note to members:
Try not to be too critical or demanding of the moderators. This is an impossible task they do in their own time. It drove me to complete insanity, (okay, so it was not a very long drive to begin with), and is more frustrating for them than it is for any member here. It is a very hard job given the tools they have to work with. Not to mention the determination of the spammers that attempt to make Akiba-Online their home is the defintion of obsessive. Try instead to be supportful and helpful. They would appreciate it and more will get done.

(And just for note, Idolfun is a badass out there and there aint a spammer here who dont know him. Seriously, I have seen him work before, he kicks ass.)

rsuploader

May 30, 2010
I would also like to raise the exclusivity of Akiba-Online. Disabling the registration once a while prevents the likelihood of those SPAMMERS. Trust me, this METHOD always work.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
1. If the admins can come up with a specific list of recommended/allowed filehost then uploaders would be limited to that.

2. BANNED USERS's post shouldn't be in here anymore. Since most of their download links are dead.

I can name some of them and you can investigate. I'll just PM if any mods/admins would like to know who they are.

I also notice the mods would really have the same GMT. We can have some mods with the alternate GMT.

working down the list of points
1) because of the amount of regions we cover, not all filehosters are good in that region, I have problems with some filehosters, hence we have many filehosters, the other problem with only a few filehosters, if they go down and/or have problems, you are then restricted, and filehosters are coming and going at the moment.

2) Banned Users, we delete there posts, some do escape, but you can report the escaped ones

investigate members
Interesting, we do a lot of investigating, but if you think you have a lot more than we do not know about, by all means let us know about them, if you have as many as you say, again lets us know, but what you may suspect is not the same as having real proof, we do not want to ban new members for nothing, and just recently we have been doing a lot, but if you feel that you know some please tell us

GMT
I might show up to you that the times come up as GMT, it is because you are in the area, or you have your set up that way, most times there is a admin/mod here 24/7, notice most times, not all times, as all the admin/mod time is given freely, ie in there free time

we have opened discussions about, Disabling the registration once a while prevents the likelihood of those SPAMMERS. Trust me, this METHOD always work.

I hope this helps you,

rsuploader

May 30, 2010
I am also suggesting the deletion of topics having dead links. Don't you plan to add a VB plugin to check links?

I am asking admins/mods if I can post the same content of the same filehost given that their links are already dead?

Thnak You

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
I can post the same content of the same filehost given that their links are already dead?
Yes.

To be safe, put a note in your post with something like "reposting dead links."

rsuploader

May 30, 2010
We really need to have a general clean up of the thread havin dead links. You can always start at the end of the pages. Truly 90% of it were already dead.

I also think posting on the same filehost will only be permitted given that the links of the original poster were already dead.

May I also ask if I can create a separate thread if the content was posted in a megathread?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
We really need to have a general clean up of the thread havin dead links. You can always start at the end of the pages. Truly 90% of it were already dead.

I also think posting on the same filehost will only be permitted given that the links of the original poster were already dead.

May I also ask if I can create a separate thread if the content was posted in a megathread?

lets start right, I do clean up when I get a chance to, but because many members insist on posting there's anywhere they want, I spend more time in giving infractions, moving, deleting posts etc, there are many who do not care about the rules, and there only interests are posting on mass, most times we just know it is a multiple member, but we have to make sure and it is time consuming to check,

sometimes links become dead very quickly, and in your own signature you say please PM me if links are dead, so the replacement poster should also do the same thing, I get a lot of complaints through reports and PMs about somebody has posted mirrors without giving a chance to replace deleted links, so my suggestion is give at least 24 hours, but 48 hours is better for all concerned just in case they are already trying to replace and the net is slow,

As for the posting something in a Mega thread (Idol section)
Open a new thread and post a link to the original post, and I or other will merge the posts, as it is mainly Idolfun's thread check with him first before you post

rsuploader

May 30, 2010
I can also see people that doesn't have the intention of replacing these dead links. Therefore as a courtesy to the members any of the users can just post a mirror of it. Will this be fair and good enough?

The first one who gets the working filehost shall be granted the privilege to use that. Otherwise the original poster can override that since he is the first provider of the content.

Thank You

rsuploader

May 30, 2010
Hello! Good day!

Another year had past but still some rules had been forgotten.

May I ask the moderators to look out violators of this rule :
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712999

Max 15 posts per user per day in DDL subforums.

Most users are just spamming around posting their automated shit on JAV Downloads without them getting notice by the moderator. Some users had eventually passed the loop hole and now enjoying the privilege to post unlimited when they had even violated this rule before marking their 180th post. I am reporting all the users doing this but I haven't seen an action since then. I do hope you will strictly implement your rules for everyone.

Thank You​

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Hello! Good day!

Another year had past but still some rules had been forgotten.

May I ask the moderators to look out violators of this rule :
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712999

Max 15 posts per user per day in DDL subforums.

Most users are just spamming around posting their automated shit on JAV Downloads without them getting notice by the moderator. Some users had eventually passed the loop hole and now enjoying the privilege to post unlimited when they had even violated this rule before marking their 180th post. I am reporting all the users doing this but I haven't seen an action since then. I do hope you will strictly implement your rules for everyone.

Thank You​

we have all been very busy lately, we have the same problems as you, Christmas and New Year, are major holidays around the world, so we are running slower than normal, and the some of the staff taking a break as well, (like myself), and illness, so it is not always easy, things are improving, and there are more and more posters coming online everyday, (not just the spammers) and some members are digging out there old collections,

the 15 a day rule only applies to new members, you do not have to keep telling us

rsuploader

May 30, 2010
I am not just posting this because staff isn't running efficiently at the moment but because since I started this thread no major revamp has been effectively implemented on the forum. Even the report button would just go unheard even though I ask for some explanation and reply at times. It is better to enforce and update the rules than to keep "modding" the forum.

Thank You