JAV VR: News, comments about releases, recommendations, hardware

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
I am downloading it from the japanese store...

Reactions: Tana_vak

Itsabiggapepperoni

Jan 21, 2022
The lovely Miru has yet another upcoming release, SIVR-338. One of S1's few passionate performers.
Miru is great, last vr releases of her were a bit lacking for me, so hopefully this one won't disappoint.
I'm looking forward to all SIVR releases lately, nearly all of their models are godesses. As i don't watch much of 2d AV anymore, i only recently realised some of their models haven't done VR yet. Especially the really busty ones, like Ren Gojo or Kagura Momoka, hopefully that will change soon. And what i would give to see some threesomes from that studio.. Recent ones from IPVR and PRVR give me hope

I have watched PRVR-081. Overall the movie is very good, but it falls a bit short.
Definitely better compared to IPVR-265. Girls act much closer to the camera, interact with it and have much more chemistry overall. My biggest pet peeve with group scenes is when one girl is having sex and the other just sits there to the side, waiting her turn - I haven't really seen it here, both girls are always in on the action which is great. The scene could use some better positions and longer missionary, but overall i really enjoyed it

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
8K version at 120 Mbps.
I wonder what such a healthy bitrate looks like, I'm stuck with 20K at best with the titles posted here. I guess I'm too lazy to go the buying route, but with few appealing titles it hasn't been something I've considered seriously so far.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Strange... the links are working for me... Clear your browser's cache, just in case... I'm using a VPN with a Japanese IP, I don't know if that has anything to do with it...

I wonder what such a healthy bitrate looks like,
In PC VR I notice a lot of difference, applying supersampling and MSAA filter.

I notice more difference in image quality between an 8K VR at 15 Mbps (Fanza) and one at 100 Mbps (A Festa) than between a 4K movie and an 8K movie at 15 Mbps.

enduraVR

Feb 12, 2024
Miru is great, last vr releases of her were a bit lacking for me, so hopefully this one won't disappoint.
Though Miru is great, I find her performances to be a little one-note. More passionate than a lot of other exclusives, but her works (2D and VR) tend to feel a little samey.

As i don't watch much of 2d AV anymore, i only recently realised some of their models haven't done VR yet. Especially the really busty ones, like Ren Gojo or Kagura Momoka, hopefully that will change soon.
Yeah, the VR talent pool is really small. An unfortunate number of actresses, exclusive and freelancer, are absent from this space. Completely disconnected from the 2D world now, so lacking knowledge of new actresses. The busty Haru Minato had a VR release with S1, so fingers crossed the others get a chance too. Hope Mei Washio is still around as an 8K release with her is sorely needed.

Reactions: Walle12

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
I'm looking forward to all SIVR releases lately, nearly all of their models are godesses

I have really enjoyed some of the recent S1 VR releases. Others have really infuriated me.

Yura Kano's latest film is a masterpiece, intimate, immersive, and even funny.

sivr00337pl.jpg

I've translated it with AI and Yura plays a rather clumsy hairdresser's apprentice. She's not good at her job, her boss nags her, and she takes it out on her boyfriend. In the end she has to apologize to him for getting so angry, and we already know how she's going to apologize... :p

I think Yura Kano is a stunning girl with a great body, and in the movie she is very nice and caring. The camera is always close and there are many face to face scenes completely naked. For me this movie is perfection in VR, maximum immersion and intimacy with a spectacular girl.

I also really loved Yuka Murakami's last two films.

SIVR-334.jpg

She is a gorgeous girl in VR, and has a very sexy shyness. Like the Yura Kano's title, a very immersive and very intimate movie. Real VR. A joy.

On the other hand, the last two films of Nana Miho and surely this new one of Miru, a real torture for me, because I love them and I can't enjoy them. Excess of clothes, the camera much more distant, no face-to-face missionary....

The heads and tails of VR, for me. It's amazing how VR movies change so much depending on the director shooting it. Unfortunately in VR there are 4 or 5 very good directors, and the rest have no idea what VR means, they shoot just like a flat film.

Hope Mei Washio is still around as an 8K release with her is sorely needed.

We really need an 8K VR with Mei Washio...

Last edited:

enduraVR

Feb 12, 2024
Face to face scenes are magical, @Walle12. I now see why you are so adamant on releases having that particular scene. Really elevates the experience

Almost done going through the folder now; many works discarded. The ones remaining are intimate in nature, lengthy eye-contact, with a lovely feeling to them.

I have a CzechVR work that is 8K 80 Mbps and that feels almost indistinguishable from reality. Would love for SFW content like tours or rollercoaster rides with those technical specs.

Unfortunately in VR there are 4 or 5 very good directors, and the rest have no idea what VR means, they shoot just like a flat film.
There were a number of those titles in my collection, now gone. It is clear to me now what constitutes a great VR work - sitting back and watching her perform from a distance isn't that. Up close and personal is preferred. :)

I've translated it with AI
Do you take the effort to translate all the works in your collection, or only ones that pique your interest?

Yura Kano is fantastic. Her and Miru I consider the most passionate at S1, with the others more middling but still hot. Will check it out after PRVR-081.

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Downloaded and watched on the PC (flat) the Remu movie.

A TOTAL disappointment for me.... The worst VR movie I've watched in the last few months. Little immersion, Remu is always doing stuff in the distance with the guy lying down. A complete letdown... :hiks:

Only for oil fans who don't mind maximum immersion.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: enduraVR

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Face to face scenes are magical, @Walle12. I now see why you are so adamant on releases having that particular scene. Really elevates the experience
Watching a movie in VR takes effort. You have to put a headset on your head, they're heavy, you have to have some space and privacy because when you put the glasses can't see if anyone comes into the house or the room, etc.

That effort has to be rewarded. To me it seems a waste of time to watch a movie in VR where the girl is doing things a meter away, there is no immersion or interaction, and it turns out that it is the same as watching a POV movie on TV, but in 3D.

Virtual reality, as the word itself says, has to be "real". You have to feel like you're with the girl. She has to be close, kiss you, caress you, you need to feel like you're with her in the sex scenes. That's how you feel in reality. I don't know about you, but when I make love to a girl I'm not a meter away watching her do things.... At least not all the time.

Of course I'm not saying that the whole movie has to be with the camera close, you have to let it breathe. But it has to be close at certain key moments.

If a VR movie doesn't make you feel like you're with the girl, and you just feel like you're watching, then maybe is a good POV movie, or a good flat movie, but it's not a good VR movie.

I have a CzechVR work that is 8K 80 Mbps and that feels almost indistinguishable from reality
CzechVR is one of the studios with the best image quality. It's a shame that Fanza uses so little bitrate, their 8K movies almost look like 4K compared to western studios. Only SOD VR and now Prestige 8K titles at 100 Mbps at A Festa, look like the CzechVR ones.

Although I hardly watch any western VR anymore, I got tired of the fake boobs, tattoos, piercings, girls acting like whores, and most of the movies have little immersion.

Do you take the effort to translate all the works in your collection, or only ones that pique your interest?
I'm just translating my favorite movies, because it takes time. The translation is good in my native language, but it confuses the genders a lot (it treats girls as boys and the other way around), so I have to manually correct quite a bit.

But it's really worth it, I recommend it. The movies change completely, understanding the dialogues makes them much more realistic and many scenes that seem boring, make all the sense. They are also more erotic because some actresses say quite dirty things that excite you... :p

Last edited:

teiji_ishida

Mar 18, 2023
I am downloading it from the japanese store...
Can you show me how you download it? I'm at the Japanese store. When I click the download link, it just redirect to https://www.lpeg.jp/point/index.php

Edit: Nvm I figured it out. For some reason, it redirects if I use Firefox (maybe bc I have an aggressive adblock addon with Firefox). I changed to MS Edge and was able to download it.

Attachments

• 2024-04-25 19_31_02-Download video — Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    2024-04-25 19_31_02-Download video — Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
First 8K VR of Faleno, and first VR of Mashiro Mami...:)

FSVSS-011 April 30

1fsvss00011pl.jpg

Reactions: chewbaka

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
OK, I have watched the new Remu VR.

PRVRSS-001-Takumi8-sp2-R1.jpg

First of all, the image quality is AWESOME, with the 120 Mbps version of A Festa. You see Remu almost like as if you had her in front of you. Right after that I've watched the 8K version of Yura Kano's VR, which is at 15-20 Mpbs, and it's like watching a 4K video. Night & Day.

Otherwise, I reaffirm what I say before. It will please fans of oil massage and Remu, but for everyone else... A mediocre VR.

Most of the movie you see a guy's body lying massaged, which is just the opposite of what you want to see in VR. The only immersive thing about 80% of the movie is Remu bringing his face close to you every now and then to tell you something, but the rest of the body is always far away.

Then there's some good doggy, but the missionary is with the guy on his knees, and for my taste, too far away. No seated cowgirl, no face to face scenes.

In fact what I liked the most were the two bonus videos that you get with the preorder, even if they only last 6 minutes (both together). They are the only moments in which Remu is naked. In one she kisses you for a minute, and in the other she is tickled with feathers. Those 5 minutes for me were more exciting and immersive than the whole movie.

But hey, that's just my opinion, and it's almost always in the minority. Post yours too....

enduraVR

Feb 12, 2024
I now remember why non-JAV VR irks me so much. Guy breathing into the mic - the bane of my existence! Why... so much for an immersive experience. Glad Japanese VR studios have found a way to bypass this issue. Almost every video has this dealbreaker. I will treasure the few good Western videos as they are one in a thousand. Was excited to explore non-JAV VR, but quickly turning my focus back to JAV VR. A more refined product overall.

PRVR-081 was a let-down, as was IPVR-265. No more getting excited for collab releases. The upcoming KAVR-361 seems more of the same. Would prefer in-house collabs as opposed to two studios pairing up.

Not all doom and gloom however. Lesbian is rare, but titles like NHVR-197 and URVRSP-245 are incredible (URVRSP-297 also). 70% of the remaining videos in my folder are single-actress, with the rest mainly 2-3 actresses, so not too big on harems after all.

DSVR-1417 with Mei Miyajima (8K) was a recent download - had overlooked her, but she is amazing in VR. Some ladies are just breath-taking, and she is one of them.

Nozomi Ishihara's MDVR-259 (8K) is in my top 5 videos for sure. More of this! Sakura Miura's MDVR-249 (8K) is on a similar level. So intimate, lots of eye contact, varied positions with the integral ones present - wonderful. Moodyz, Kawaii, and S1 are the leaders of Japanese VR in my book.

Only two Soft on Demand titles survived the purge. Really enjoyed DSVR-1369; a unique theme. The intense eye contact and feigned indifference on the women's part I found really stimulating.

Das seems to only have Akari Mitani and Ichika Matsumoto, but I love both so not an issue. Ichika's DSVR-041 is very nice. Mainly just cowgirl and blowjobs, but immersive enough for me - or maybe I just like her that much.

Definitely will upgrade the 4K releases I have to their 8K variant where applicable.

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
When I get around to it, definitely upgrading the 4K releases I have to their superior 8K variant.

As I have said, I do notice a lot of difference between 4K and 8K, so I don't download anything in 4K anymore, if there is an 8K version. The bad thing is that, incomprehensibly, the 8K versions take weeks to upload.

I liked PRVR-081, although I found it repetitive and it lacks things I like. But at least the girls put some enthusiasm into it.

I haven't watched IPVR-265 yet, because no one uploads the 8K version. And it doesn't appeal enough to me to buy it.

MDVR-259 is a joy, Nozomi Ishihara is very passionate. Sakura Miura's didn't appeal to me as much.

I haven't watched DSVR-1417, I've turned my back on SOD VR, all their 2024 releases look really bad to me. But if you recommend it, I'll take a look at it.

By the way @enduraVR , for movies that are already out, I think it's better if you add Akiba links, instead of Javtrailers. That way you help Filevkool.

Last edited:

enduraVR

Feb 12, 2024
As I have said, I do notice a lot of difference between 4K and 8K, so I don't download anything in 4K anymore, if there is an 8K version. The bad thing is that, incomprehensibly, the 8K versions take weeks to upload.
I'd happily pay on A-Festa for the really desired 8K titles as they allow for downloads. Does Fanza allow for downloads, or do they use a pesky proprietary player?

As I prefer to test videos for flaws before adding it to the collection, would prefer for at least the 4K version to be available via torrents/FJ.

I haven't watched IPVR-265 yet, because no one uploads the 8K version. And it doesn't appeal enough to me to buy it.
Not missing much, unless you really like the girls. Runtime feels a bit bloated to me, with 3 out of 5 scenes dedicated to teasing/soapland. No proper face to face scene either. IPVR-081 is a better offering for sure.

I haven't watched DSVR-1417, I've turned my back on SOD VR, all their 2024 releases look really bad to me. But if you recommend it, I'll take a look at it.
That title is unique in that no scene feels wasted. 3 scenes, with the sex scene featuring a great face-to-face position. If SOD put out more releases like that, they'd shoot up my personal ranking. As it stands, 99% of their releases are an immediate skip.

SOD has a large exclusive roster, yet we rarely ever see them. I could show you a picture of them and I doubt you'd recognise most of them, unless you had prior knowledge of them from your time in 2D.

By the way @enduraVR , for movies that are already out, I think it's better if you add Akiba links, instead of Javtrailers. That way you help Filevkool.
I'll make sure to do that henceforth :centil:

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Das seems to only have Akari Mitani and Ichika Matsumoto, but I love both so not an issue. Ichika's DSVR-041 is very nice. Mainly just cowgirl and blowjobs, but immersive enough for me - or maybe I just like her that much.

Ichika is great. She has a lot VRs, but I recommend you DSVR-816 and CJVR-019.

3dsvr-0816-jpg.2323186

Although you can see the ugly guy in the photos, don't worry, the movie is POV.

cjvr-019-jpg.2958369

From Akari, the last one, DSVR-042, is great.

I'd happily pay on A-Festa for the really desired 8K titles as they allow for downloads. Does Fanza allow for downloads, or do they use a pesky proprietary player?

Fanza has DRM and a player that is garbage, at least the PC VR version. 8K movies look like 4K and 4K movies look like 2K, and zero customization options. I can't believe anyone would use that. But there are ways to remove the DRM.

enduraVR

Feb 12, 2024
From Akari, the last one, DSVR-042, is great.
That is in the collection :). Very grateful for 8K JAV VR, really adds to the experience

Although you can see the ugly guy in the photos, don't worry, the movie is POV.
Haha, it does disgust me a little seeing the guy in covers. Don't want to see him at all.

Ichika is great. She has a lot VRs, but I recommend you DSVR-816 and CJVR-019.
Thank you for the suggestions. Whereas 2D JAV for me was more about which studios to follow, VR is very much about the actress. Going to spend the next few days going my favourite stars' catalogues to find more gems, especially from Satsuki Ena and Himesaki Hana.

I understand the grievances regarding Moodyz's low output. They really knock it out of the park with their exclusive actresses but shoot infrequently. Soft on Demand has a giant roster but almost always shoots with freelancers. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

teiji_ishida

Mar 18, 2023
@Walle12
I followed your guide to get audio to text using Subtitle Edit (faster-whisper's largeV3 model). Every time it finishes generating a SRT file, I get an Application Error in the Event Viewer. The subtitle is working fine, but I wonder why I get the error. Do you get the errors every time it finishes generating a SRT file, too?

Attachments

• 2024-04-26 20_25_32-Event Viewer.jpg
    2024-04-26 20_25_32-Event Viewer.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 2024-04-26 20_25_48-Event Viewer.jpg
    2024-04-26 20_25_48-Event Viewer.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 8