JAV VR: News, comments about releases, recommendations, hardware

teiji_ishida

Mar 18, 2023
FYI I just saw my first two demosaiced VRs: MDVR-276 (Arata Arina) and FSVR-032 (Minase Akari)

They look okay, about as good as the 2D demosaics, which have been much improved in the past year but still have a ways to go. The Arata Arina one was 8K and the demosaic looked better (imo) than the Minase Akari (4K).
I know it is possible to do it with JavPlayer because I use it. It's just my GPU doesn't have much VRAM, so I'm not gonna even try it until I get my hand on the RTX 5080 next year.

Where did you find MDVR-276 decensored?

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
Damn, only extrix links. No idea what the others are. Hopefully someone adds FSVR-032 to filejoker eventually.

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
Eh, I don't think we're missing that much. Never was a fan of the JAVPlayer decensoring.

Now that guy who used AI to basically overwrite the mosaics instead of decensoring - that guy did an amazing job. Too bad he's been arrested and is not active anymore.

teiji_ishida

Mar 18, 2023
Eh, I don't think we're missing that much. Never was a fan of the JAVPlayer decensoring.

Now that guy who used AI to basically overwrite the mosaics instead of decensoring - that guy did an amazing job. Too bad he's been arrested and is not active anymore.
Do you have any source or example of "AI to basically overwrite the mosaics instead of decensoring"? I don't think our tech has reached the level to replace mosaic genitals for the whole video that look good and natural yet.

Reactions: Tana_vak

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
Do you have any source or example of "AI to basically overwrite the mosaics instead of decensoring"? I don't think our tech has reached the level to replace mosaic genitals for the whole video that look good and natural yet.

It actually made mainstream news.

Huh...for some reason, I don't see any of them here in this forum, I don't know why. I'm not sure if a full list exists of all the videos made and released by this guy before he was arrested.

But basically, the discussion on this thread at this point:

Turned out those vids weren't 'leaked'. They were the AI videos.

That I can't find any of those vids here makes me suspect something is up, so I'm not going to link to them openly. I'll PM you more info instead.

But the basic gist of it is whenever you see a so-called 'uncensored' SOD video with the code STARS, its very likely one of the AI videos. STARS isn't the only code that this guy worked on, but it is kinda the most prominent one.

Reactions: Walle12

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
Can anyone recommend a good VR headset?

Cheap by pretty good.
Don't go for 'cheap'. You will regret it. Best to buy now would be the Quest 3.

You want cheap but still decent, that would be the Quest 2.

You can risk it with the Chinese Picos but software support for that ain't so good. You basically need Heresphere. The rest of the VR players don't really cut it, IMHO.

I know there are some that use DeoVR but I tried it and personally really don't like it.

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
FYI I just saw my first two demosaiced VRs: MDVR-276 (Arata Arina) and FSVR-032 (Minase Akari)

They look okay, about as good as the 2D demosaics, which have been much improved in the past year but still have a ways to go. The Arata Arina one was 8K and the demosaic looked better (imo) than the Minase Akari (4K).

I am also curious to watch some uncensored VRs, buy I haven´t found them...

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021

Huh...for some reason, I don't see any of them here in this forum, I don't know why. I'm not sure if a full list exists of all the videos made and released by this guy before he was arrested.

That I can't find any of those vids here makes me suspect something is up, so I'm not going to link to them openly. I'll PM you more info instead.

But the basic gist of it is whenever you see a so-called 'uncensored' SOD video with the code STARS, its very likely one of the AI videos. STARS isn't the only code that this guy worked on, but it is kinda the most prominent one.
I don't mean any ill will behind this reply, but the statement about the leaks not being real simply isn't true. I don't want people to be misled about this. The links you shared isn't related to the big October 2021 leak I mean, they are all true leaks.

I think you are confusing the guy making the decensored videos with actual leaks. Videos like SDAB-112, SDMU-963, STARS-086 etc are all true leaks. I am a quite surprised to be honest, that there is any actual doubt about it being real, unless I am misunderstanding something about what you said.

Anyway

They are all easily available. The true source isn't know to us exactly, but it's common for studios to outsource the work of applying mosaics on videos to an outside company.

Whatever the source was, the leakers got a hold of the raw footage and tried to extort money from the studios by threatening to release them, i.e blackmail. Studios refused and they released them as a result.

Also, the leaked videos aren't just uncensored. Due to being raw footage, some are not yet edited to a final product. On quite a few of them the runtime is much, much longer, there are plenty of outakes, private conversations, locations that aren't censored yet and so on.

Reactions: teiji_ishida

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
I am also curious to watch some uncensored VRs, buy I haven´t found them...
Those two titles are on javfree dot me, with exmatrix links. No idea what the other links are though. No filejoker ones though so I'm only able to look at the screenshots. Looks like normal non VR decensored videos, so I would welcome it. Edit: I read uncensored as decensored, so nevermind I guess ;)

Last edited:

teiji_ishida

Mar 18, 2023

I hard disagree. I downloaded one of the videos you PM me (STARS-145...2.18GB) on sukebei, and it's a true uncensored leak. AI usually is bad at hands or will show some small flaws. That video has no flaws at all. Our AI tech hasn't reached the point of indistinguishable from true uncensored yet. Maybe give it 5-10 more years. There is no way a single guy (who is a nobody) can create software/hardware that can achieve that when big companies haven't been able yet.

The Akiba thread you linked is full of discussion about real uncensored leak, not de-mosaic or AI software manipulation. I see no correlation with the news articles. Just because that guy got caught for selling de-mosaic/AI videos doesn't mean it is the same from the uncensored leaks. For all I know, he could be using JavPlayer and his work is really good (better than supjav, etc), and the news website doesn't know and just call it "AI" (because AI is a huge buzzword). Also, look at these pics here and here. They clearly show fake dicks, fake bj, etc. Why would that guy go through all the trouble of using AI only to replace them with these fake stuff? (rhetorical question).

I also disagree that JavPlayer de-mosaic is worse than mosaics version. I have decensored several 2D films using JavPlayer, which I consider better than supjav and other streaming sites (if you want, I can show you an example via PM). De-censored video, though maybe blur or inaccurate when compared to true uncensored leak, they are still better than a bunch of blocks (mosaics) for me. I'd pick decensored videos over mosaics version any day when given the choice.

Anyway, I think we're getting a bit off topic. So I will go back on topic.

Has anyone seen IPVR-261 yet? Saki Sasaki is super cute!

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
I hard disagree. I downloaded one of the videos you PM me (STARS-145...2.18GB) on sukebei, and it's a true uncensored leak. AI usually is bad at hands or will show some small flaws. That video has no flaws at all. Our AI tech hasn't reached the point of indistinguishable from true uncensored yet. Maybe give it 5-10 more years. There is no way a single guy (who is a nobody) can create software/hardware that can achieve that when big companies haven't been able yet.

The Akiba thread you linked is full of discussion about real uncensored leak, not de-mosaic or AI software manipulation. I see no correlation with the news articles. Just because that guy got caught for selling de-mosaic/AI videos doesn't mean it is the same from the uncensored leaks. For all I know, he could be using JavPlayer and his work is really good (better than supjav, etc), and the news website doesn't know and just call it "AI" (because AI is a huge buzzword). Also, look at these pics here and here. They clearly show fake dicks, fake bj, etc. Why would that guy go through all the trouble of using AI only to replace them with these fake stuff? (rhetorical question).

I also disagree that JavPlayer de-mosaic is worse than mosaics version. I have decensored several 2D films using JavPlayer, which I consider better than supjav and other streaming sites (if you want, I can show you an example via PM). De-censored video, though maybe blur or inaccurate when compared to true uncensored leak, they are still better than a bunch of blocks (mosaics) for me. I'd pick decensored videos over mosaics version any day when given the choice.

Anyway, I think we're getting a bit off topic. So I will go back on topic.

Has anyone seen IPVR-261 yet? Saki Sasaki is super cute!
I agree on what teiji_ishida says here, he pretty much sums it up so I wont go on either besides this. HND-218 with Mikako Abe is a good and recent example of a good result. Looks great when the mosaic is mild to begin with.

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021

Huh...my mistake than, I really thought those were the AI stuff. But if its real...well, cool.

Send me some of the vids, would like to take a look pls. How grainy are they?

I don't find grainy much more appealing than mosiacs, tbh. And I really don't look down there much in VR. There's a reason I prefer face-to-face scenes in VR.

Nice to see Idea Pocket gets its new girls to go into VR.

Unlike some other studios...

Their website looks like it was built by someone from 2 decades ago and never modernized though...sheesh...

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
I have watched the decensored videos. They look the same than 2D decensored. It looks like without mosaic, but more blurred. It's much better done in the Moodyz VR, probably because it's made from the 8K version, and I've read that the higher the resolution of the video, the better the result.

As I say, the area without mosaic looks a little blurry, and with weird effects, but for me it is better than the mosaic, at times it gives you the feeling that it is not censored. I prefer the decensored video than the mosaic. I hope to see more titles coming out.

Yes, I have bought it at Fanza. I liked it very much. Saki Sasaki is a very pretty girl, and the film is immersive, with the camera close and face-to-face scenes.

The best part are the gestures she makes with her face during sex, they are quite realistic and it looks like she is not faking. Recommended if you like cute and tiny girls.

ipvr00261jp-11.jpg

The face-to-face missionary is totally awesome...

ipvr00261jp-12.jpg

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Before, everything was uploaded the same day, or the next day. I don't know why but since a few months ago VR releases take a few days, and the 8K version, weeks.... :(