JAV VR: News, comments about releases, recommendations, hardware

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
Don't mean to drag out the sad topic, just thought I'd toss in the advice above. Provide links that I was sent for anyone interested and vent a bit.

Itsabiggapepperoni

Jan 21, 2022
On a less depressing note, finally an 8K Urara Kanon title. It's even a 3P with Noa Eikawa AQUCO-027
Yeah I'm looking forward to this one, both great performers and they don't do VR that often. Btw is it just me, or did Aqua studios significantly improve recently? I used to skip all of their scenes because of poor direction and image quality.

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
Yeah I'm looking forward to this one, both great performers and they don't do VR that often. Btw is it just me, or did Aqua studios significantly improve recently? I used to skip all of their scenes because of poor direction and image quality.
I used to have some older 4K Aqube VRs, I assume It's the same studio. I kept a couple due to few VRs from a specific actress, but the quality was mostly meh but some quite good. Hit and miss really. Let's see how this one is, I'll take Urara VR anyday.

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
I know everyone feels differently about these things, but I would hold off on deleting her VR stuff if you are contemplating it. Maybe you end up looking differently at it later on.

At the moment I will not delete her VRs, as you say it is a way to remember her. But for sure, I won't watch them for a long time, if I ever watch them...

Btw is it just me, or did Aqua studios significantly improve recently?

They have improved technically, the image quality is much better and so are the camera shots. But for me they represent everything I hate about JAV VR: sex scenes with clothes up to the eyelashes, and / or camera miles away. I think it's one of the few studios I've never bought a single VR from.

But it's great that you recommend titles different from mine, so there's more variety. Surely my tastes are in the minorities.

For me the positive news of the day is the return of Ruka Inaba, an actress I really liked:

vrvr-076-jpg.2003191

Too bad she has lost a lot of weight. I liked her curves... That's the way she is now:

jav-news-roundup-dec-23-4.jpg
I hope she films new VRs...​

Last edited:

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
I always liked her. She looks like a different person now though, but I think she looks amazing. The right weight in my opinion, more mature looking and damn that haircut looks good her.

Still natural and pretty, no nosejob and real good sized tits. If she doesn't have fake teeth it's a homerun, excellent.

Reactions: Walle12

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Yes, I have to admit that She looks impressive now. Probably much better than before. But I liked her plump... :p

mago

熟女♥️
Jul 3, 2008
I saw it coming for underrated Nanami Yokomiya, i wonder why nobody around her helped her, her radical weight loss and self inflicted wounds made it too fucking obvious.:(
I liked her personality and enjoyed her first year titles. Damn, she was very young.:(

So @m_thanatos_m (god of death) announced her death, ok....wonderful friends she had...

Last edited:

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
Don't mean to drag out the sad topic, just thought I'd toss in the advice above. Provide links that I was sent for anyone interested and vent a bit.
Nah, I don't know anything more the the previous poster. I also found out from another article who mentioned that the source of news was her friend Moratarium Hamada's twitter. Link to that account in the post just above this.

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
Only 305 yen for ALL of these vids? Hell yes...this is a damn awesome deal...

Edit: Oh wait...30fps...even so, at that price...hmm...
KMPVR.jpg

Last edited:

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
@Walle12 OK, I bought PRVR-046 first with the aim of getting the other 3 if I was happy. Plus that isn't available online elsewhere for download.

However, I'm not happy that no matter which version I try to download, I get the circular version. Am I doing something wrong? Its strange cos the other 3 vids I have of her are not like this.

I might still get them anyway just to show some support, but I'll be quite annoyed if all their vids are like this.

Edit: As it seems, changing the mode to Fisheye fixes everything so that it doesn't really look much different from 3D aside from less space at the edges. That's only a problem with harem titles where there are other girls around the sides, but its just fine if you stay focused mostly in the middle. Without fisheye mode when the video is circular, the picture is distorted down the middle.

Looks like I am still learning about how JAV works in VR.

Yup, going to grab all her vids. And Sena Kirari's too, cos she is a cutie.

1703433209250.png

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Prestige has a 50% sale on Afesta now. All 4 Suzumori Remu vids are 340 yen each. Cheaper than a Starbucks.

View attachment 3397216
I bought all of them years ago.... :p

However, I'm not happy that no matter which version I try to download, I get the circular version. Am I doing something wrong? Its strange cos the other 3 vids I have of her are not like this.
Prestige, KMP and others shot some of their VRs like this a few years ago. It's called Fisheye and it's the higher quality version, plus it offers more FOV, you see more image and less black all around. All you have to do is select Fisheye in the Format section (Projection) in the player, which player do you use?

22527.jpegwir61694917116.jpg

Last edited:

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
I bought all of them years ago.... :p

Prestige, KMP and others shot some of their VRs like this a few years ago. It's called Fisheye and it's the higher quality version, plus it offers more FOV, you see more image and less black all around. All you have to do is select Fisheye in the Format section (Projection) in the player, which player do you use?

View attachment 3397361
Yeah, I just noticed that myself. I'm just surprised cos I noticed the ones I grabbed from torrent aren't fisheye.

Ah well, they still look great. And I think might be better quality than the torrents so worth the purchase.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Its strange cos the other 3 vids I have of her are not like this.

Then you have the lower quality version. Fisheye version of all those titles are the best. More FOV and more bitrate. A Festa call it Takumi version. New titles don't use Fisheye, but the old ones yes.

Only 305 yen for ALL of these vids? Hell yes...this is a damn awesome deal...
These are old titles, when 4K was only shot at 30 fps. But you won't find them anywhere else. KMP has many packs with dozens of titles, very cheap, and more modern. Look for them too.

If you dive through the A Festa VR catalog you're going to find impossible to find titles, even from actresses who have already retired. But beware that the image quality of movies from 2017 and 2018 was very low. Always look for the Takumi version, if it exists, or 4K instead of 2K. Even if they cost a few yen more, it's worth it.

And a few, very old titles from KIWVR, have DRM. Prestige, KMP, SOD, Crystal VR and others, don't.

Yup, going to grab all her vids. And Sena Kirari's too, cos she is a cutie.

If you like Sena Kirari, this is pure gold. The best immersive VR with her (and 3 other beautiful girls, it last almost 5 hours!!! ). It was filmed in 8K but it is only 4K. Good image quality. Download the trailer at A Festa VR to watch Sena:

ETVTM-007
ETVTM-007-R1.jpg

Last edited:

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
@Walle12

Sorry for bugging you again, but did you ever buy any of these compilations on Afesta? If so, how are they? Is there a reason why they are being bundled so cheaply together?

1703442547094.png

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
@Walle12

Sorry for bugging you again, but did you ever buy any of these compilations on Afesta? If so, how are they? Is there a reason why they are being bundled so cheaply together?

View attachment 3397458

Yes, I have some of them. Some are the complete movies together. They just rename the files to put the new ID on them, but it's the same as if you buy the movies separately. Others, like in that picture, are selected scenes. They take only 1 or 2 scenes from each movie, and sell them all together.

It is rare that they compress them and look worse, they usually are the same files as buying the movies one by one, but sometimes they do have a bit less bitrate.

They are so cheap because they are old titles. Movies in VR drop in price in a matter of months. If you look at some offers, titles that came out just a few weeks ago, or a couple of months ago, are already 30 or 50% off.

So you can buy them without fear, there's nothing weird about them.

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
@Walle12 How often does the Afesta site have a sale or something? Like right now, Prestige has a sale. You ever seen the other makers like SOD, Crystal, or KMP have a sale also?

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
All weeks there are ar least 1 or 2 sales. A Festa VR only works with a few studios, the only ones that allow their films to be sold DRM-free. So almost every week there is some sale from SOD, KMP, Crystal VR, etc. If you want to buy a title that is not new, it is worth waiting for a sale.

New releases from SOD, TMAVR and smaller studios are released at the same time in Fanza and A Festa VR. But KMP and Crystal VR release them a month late. I guess it is an imposition of Fanza.

Last edited:
Reactions: chewbaka