JAV VR: News, comments about releases, recommendations, hardware

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
I think it is not possible, because the two images that form the 3D image are taken from different angles. Even if separately you can remove the censorship, when you put them together I don't think they will form a 3D image.

But it is a speculation, I have not tested it. If you try it, let us know the results!

Chryptic

Apr 12, 2022
Funny: Tall vs short. KIVR-028

View attachment 3003363
no 3p
I think it is not possible, because the two images that form the 3D image are taken from different angles. Even if separately you can remove the censorship, when you put them together I don't think they will form a 3D image.

But it is a speculation, I have not tested it. If you try it, let us know the results!
yes this is what i thought also.. the reprocessed images would have 2 different sets of imperfections that would cause merged image to have double the faults

Reactions: Walle12

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Yes, you are right. I don't see the point of making a video with the tall vs short theme if it only features one girl.... Nonsense. :(

tim-o-tea

Sep 20, 2020
I'm glad you're getting good results :) My impression is the same: not perfect, but better than I expected.

Some phrases doesn't make sense and many others it doesn't translate if the pronunciation is not clear, but it serves to understand the plot of the movie and why the girls do certain things that if you don't know the language, you don't understand them. And you obtain some dirty words in sex scenes, too... :p

I will try what you say about translating individual phrases, thanks. About PyTranscryber, now I'm using version 1.4 instead of 1.5 and that one doesn't crash.

Another solution that works is the Tim-o tea one's: to extract only the audio to get a file smaller than 2 GB, and use AutoSub.
Actually i do have problems with Pytranscriber again (i have tried version 1.4 and 1.7, video and audio only). At around 80% of transcribing the program does close suddenly. Did you have that issue too?

In other news, SLR announced that they have a JAV original scene coming this August. I'm excited to see how it turned out, their new rig has maybe the best image quality I've seen. I hope they will be able to release regularily, i know it was a struggle to get things going.
any source on this? I havent seen that on reddit / SLR forum

This is good news: It seems that Koala VR is starting to film at 6K (6480 x 3240 píxeles). The problem is that the releases are still 4K: KIWVR-394 (Download). I don't know if DMM offers the video at 6K.

View attachment 2990731
Actually DMM says that they support that resolution. Unfortunately they only allow DRMed download. All the pirated releases are in 4k :(

The player HereSphere has added subtitles support !!! :) It is the Steam VR version, I don't know if they also work in the Quest version. It works very well with the autofocus option. Time to test all those AI translations... :)
Have you tried it? I did and while the subtitle is displayed, it is very small and is displayed twice. Did you use any specific setting?

Other news:

These is one scene that i recommend:

EXVR-487
Its a scene that was directed together with orcsoft (its an eroge maker). And you can see that the scene is different in regard of storytelling. I guess with subs its even better
exvr00487pl.jpg

Other then that the results of the sugoi awards for the first half of 2022 have been announced

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Actually i do have problems with Pytranscriber again (i have tried version 1.4 and 1.7, video and audio only). At around 80% of transcribing the program does close suddenly. Did you have that issue too?
I am using Pytranscriber 1.4 right now and 90% of titles work without problems. The other 10% I extract the audio with Audacity and translate with AutoSub. Does exist the 1.7 version?

any source on this? I havent seen that on reddit / SLR forum
It has been posponed... again... :(

Actually DMM says that they support that resolution. Unfortunately they only allow DRMed download. All the pirated releases are in 4k :(
I hope someone release the 6K version... :(

The next 6K title has Ichika Matsumoto...

kiwvr00397pl.jpg

it would be awesome at 6K....

Have you tried it? I did and while the subtitle is displayed, it is very small and is displayed twice. Did you use any specific setting?
Yes it works well. I see the size correctly. To watch them correcty you need to activate Autofocus. If not, you see double. I use the PC version of HereSphere.

tim-o-tea

Sep 20, 2020
Could you give any source for that? I hope these new AV laws wont make the production stopping entirely.
I am using Pytranscriber 1.4 right now and 90% of titles work without problems. The other 10% I extract the audio with Audacity and translate with AutoSub. Does exist the 1.7 version?
There is a new version 1.7 that was released 2 days ago. https://pytranscriber.github.io/download/
Unfortunately with the video that i was trying it wasnt working with any version.

I dont really want to try any further while Pytranscriber is handy its a hassle for converting larger libs. I will look further into autosub to batch process my whole library. Creating subtitles for a couple thousand files is quite a hassle with Pytranscriber.

Would be nice as there seem to be a higher quality version, even on DMM. The description of KIWVR-394 reads:

Code:
※6Kの最先端超高画質カメラ(6480×3240)で撮影されており、従来の4K撮影より更にクオリティが向上しております。FANZAアダルトVR最大解像度5400×2700 超高解像度映像でお愉しみください。※ただし、プラットフォームのデバイスにより、対応画質が変更される場合がございますのでご了承ください。

which translates (with DeepL) to:

Code:
The video is shot with a 6K state-of-the-art ultra-high quality camera (6480×3240), which is even better than the conventional 4K camera, and offers the largest resolution in FANZA Adult VR at 5400×2700. Please note that the picture quality may change depending on the platform device.

Yes it works well. I see the size correctly. To watch them correcty you need to activate Autofocus. If not, you see double. I use the PC version of HereSphere.

Thanks i gave it another try and it was working now. I had to say that i had to turn of the autofocus mode for the subs as it was difficult to read them (they were always moving a little bit). Right now subs only work in the steamVR version, upgrade for the Quest will come anytime soon.

Chryptic

Apr 12, 2022

View attachment 3010146

sigh..ichika.... 6k can be scary for some actresses .. but there no resolution that can find fault in ichika

• Love
Reactions: penguinbutt

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Could you give any source for that? I hope these new AV laws wont make the production stopping entirely.
At the forum of SLR, Philip (Who does the casting) is talking about it. Today has said It hasn't been posponed: "there will be jav originals in August"... :)

Creating subtitles for a couple thousand files is quite a hassle with Pytranscriber

Yes, actually the process is very slow. I also edit the subtitles, because some translations of words or phrases when the girls are moaning are not well understood, and don't make any sense, so they have to be deleted.

I'm only translating my favorite titles, translating thousands would be impossible with this manual system.

sigh..ichika.... 6k can be scary for some actresses .. but there no resolution that can find fault in ichika

Ichika would shine even in 8K... I hope someday we will be able to see it...

Chryptic

Apr 12, 2022
At the forum of SLR, Philip (Who does the casting) is talking about it. Today has said It hasn't been posponed: "there will be jav originals in August"... :)

Yes, actually the process is very slow. I also edit the subtitles, because some translations of words or phrases when the girls are moaning are not well understood, and don't make any sense, so they have to be deleted.

I'm only translating my favorite titles, translating thousands would be impossible with this manual system.

i hope so too.. but i read somewhere that both ichika matsumoto and yui nagase were retiring.. i hope its just a vicious rumor

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
i hope so too.. but i read somewhere that both ichika matsumoto and yui nagase were retiring.. i hope its just a vicious rumor

Unfortunately Yui Nagase has already retired... :(

I have not read anything about Ichika Matsumoto.. I hope not... Although at least she has shot a lot of VRs...

penguinbutt

Jan 4, 2007

wouldn't think Ichika would be a fav of yours, you generally recommend actresses with larger assets....so happy Ichika brings happiness to most everyone! What a model!

Reactions: Itsabiggapepperoni

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
wouldn't think Ichika would be a fav of yours, you generally recommend actresses with larger assets....so happy Ichika brings happiness to most everyone! What a model!
I like all type of girls and women, young or mature, if they are beautiful and with natural bodies... I love Ichika Matsumoto and Yui Nagase, but also Nanami Matsumoto or Mei Washio.... :)

So sad....rewatching MIAA-432 and MIAE-354 to reminisce...
MOODYZ released a kind of farewell VR of Yui Nagase, with Ichika Matsumoto. At the end of the movie they give some flowers to Yui Nagase, and Ichika starts crying because of the farewell. MDVR-200 (Download).

mdvr-200-jpg.2880900

I didn't really like the movie, too many clothes. But it has an awesome missionay scene, even with lesbian kisses:

mdvr-200-d-jpeg.2880904

It's a shame that Yui Nagase didn't get a big farewell VR movie, a solo movie with all type of scenes, as she deserves.

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Great news! DMM is producing JAV VR at 8K!!!! :cinta:

Untitled 1.jpg

You can download a free trial here, but only with their app with DRM.... :(

I hope this option appear at R18, and someone can download it without DRM... Their player is awful... I want to buy them but to watch on HereSphere, with much more quality and options to config the IPD.

Thanks to @haro77 for the new!!!

Last edited:

tim-o-tea

Sep 20, 2020
Great news! DMM is producing JAV VR at 8K!!!! :cinta:

View attachment 3013031

You can download a free trial here, but only with their app with DRM.... :(

I hope this option appear at R18, and someone can download it without DRM... Their player is awful...

Thanks to @haro77 for the new!!!
Thanks a lot for sharing that. For me this is the best news of the year!

I did watch the first part of the video on my Quest 2 already and while visual quality is not on the level with CzechVR (or could be because of their player) it is a huge boost in quality. Cant imagine all JAV being in that quality soon - AMAZING.

Unfortunately its all with DRM, so i hope people will be able to rip these 8k videos from DMM as I need my favourite player (Heresphere)

I dont know if r18.com is coming back anytime soon, as the whole plattform is still frozen due to the issues with creditcard companies.

I am excited to see when studios will start to publish movies in 8k. According to a press release i found apparently this free video is produced by Ideapocket (IPVR), so probably they will be the first to release content. Hopefully we will see some releases already this fall, at least from the studios that are affiliated with DMM (MDVR, SIVR, IPVR, FCVR, KAVR...)

Me being excited about the (apparent 6k) release from SLR which seemed to be in the making already according to this two week old post on reddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/oculusnsfw/comments/wh9fst ) this news is actually a HUGE thing as DMM is the major distribution channel and i wasnt expecting something like that anytime soon

Chryptic

Apr 12, 2022
Unfortunately Yui Nagase has already retired... :(

I have not read anything about Ichika Matsumoto.. I hope not... Although at least she has shot a lot of VRs...
Oh no :( ... This makes me sadder than the day i realised that Shuna Kagami had retired. But at least Yui did Vr.. and even though just a dozen or so.. there is some good ones there. She also did KAVR-226 with ichika early this year and again lots of clothes ..but both of them have spent a lot of time in hair and makeup prep it seems.. both are stunning

Last edited:

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Me being excited about the (apparent 6k) release from SLR which seemed to be in the making already according to this two week old post on reddit (
SLR said two days ago in ther forum that they'll publish some SLR JAV Originals this august... :)

Cant imagine all JAV being in that quality soon - AMAZING.
It could be awesome... If we can access to the 8K version out of their awful player.

Oh no :( ... This makes me sadder than the day i realised that Shuna Kagami had retired. But at least Yui did Vr.

Yes, at least Yui Nagase has done a lot of VRs, and some of them are very good.

Not like Shiina Sora, who has also retired due to a back injury, and there are only some very old VRs with awful image quality, and a couple of somewhat newer ones, but not too good.

I don't understand why she hasn't filmed more VRs these past few years.

Chryptic

Apr 12, 2022
SLR said two days ago in ther forum that they'll publish some SLR JAV Originals this august... :)

It could be awesome... If we can access to the 8K version out of their awful player.

Yes, at least Yui Nagase has done a lot of VRs, and some of them are very good.

Not like Shiina Sora, who has also retired due to a back injury, and there are only some very old VRs with awful image quality, and a couple of somewhat newer ones, but not too good.

I don't understand why she hasn't filmed more VRs these past few years.
sora shiina did so much 2D.. like so many others that just did a few VR but plenty of 2D back in the days when VR was still developing.. ie. 2017 to 2020. You are right though .. why aren't they coming back and doing more VR now it has improved so much? We've already seen greats like JULIA coming back to do good quality VR after doing a few titles in the early days... its about time to revive some amazing actresses of 2D and make some awesome VR.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
If you like the "young mature" experience, IPVR-191 (Download) is great. Five scenes, very immersive, and a lot of positions. Anna Kami is awesome here.

ipvr-191-jpg.3012496