JAV VR: News, comments about releases, recommendations, hardware

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
Good list, i see Igarashi Seiran (Ranran) made an appearance, her recently blonde hair didn't turn you off too much ;)
Lol none of those vids are during her recent blond hair phase. Those are her older vids of which many were massively discounted during the recent Afesta sale. You know me, I'm a sucker for having 2 or more cuties at a time in a vid and she ain't alone in the majority of these titles.

There might be more but I haven't finished grabbing the 4 pack I bought yet. I think there might be a blond hair vid in that one... I might download that anyway, we'll see. Have a lot to workthrough on Afesta haha.

1706283238577.png

I never had this issue before, but recently a lot of movies don't play at all on my Quest 3. I don't know much about codecs but it seems to be caused by VP9 at some resolutions.. did any of you find a solution to that? I don't feel like re-encoding huge files, especially if i will lose quality as a result. At least I don't have the same problems with 8k videos
Yeah, I'm facing this too. Some of those vids will play on DeoVR though but that's an inferior product, IMHO.

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
Since you're also a real tits lover, who are your favorites actresses and scenes?
uff, as Chewbaka says, I am a man of culture too... :p I like breast in all sizes, as long as they are natural....

I've seen thousands of VRs so I have too many favorite scenes and girls, my tastes are wide and I wouldn't know how to tell you specific scenes or girls.

With big boobs I like Ruka Inaba, Nanami Matsumoto, and Mei Washio.

With normal sizes I like Saika Kawakita, Yura Kano, Remu Suzumori...

And of course, Ichika Matsumoto, Hana Shirato, Minase Akari and Yui Nagase...

Unfortunately I've realized that most of my favorites have retired or they shoot very few movies in VR... I think the new girls that are coming in are way below the stars of a few years ago... :(
Updated scene count. I really wish there were at least some Moodyz girls in here somewhere. Shirato Hana does not really count. But ah well, we make do with what we can get.

Kururugi Aoi has a massive jump in count since I split out the pack that I bought into individual titles.
View attachment 3421271

Wow, I love all of them without exception. We have almost the same tastes... :)

Speaking of which, when did Hatano Yui inflate her breasts? She was one of JAV OGs that most of her were introduced too. Her body was just fine as it was.

Another one crossed off my list forever.... It's a tragedy that JAV is copying everything bad and stale from America.... Plastic breasts, piercings, tattoos... Disgusting... :(

I really wish there were at least some Moodyz girls in here somewhere.

Me too... They release so few VRs.. None in January... :(

Last edited:
Reactions: googlesearches

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
I never had this issue before, but recently a lot of movies don't play at all on my Quest 3. I don't know much about codecs but it seems to be caused by VP9 at some resolutions.. did any of you find a solution to that? I don't feel like re-encoding huge files, especially if i will lose quality as a result. At least I don't have the same problems with 8k videos

I don't know why, now some releases are encoded with VP9, and that doesn't work in Quest 3, it's an unsupported codec. It works fine for me on PC VR. I don't see any other solution than re-encoding, or playing on PC and streaming to Quest 3....

And speaking of releases, I don't know what the hell is going on in the last few months, but a lot of VR movies are not being uploaded. That hasn't happened before. There are a lot of titles that haven't been released anywhere.... For example:

AJVR-213, SIVR-314, URVRSP-285, SAVR-299, VRKM-1179, SIVR_313, UVRSP-293, 299 and 300,VRKM-1217, SPIVR-066 and many more.

If I'm interested I can buy VRKM ot SPIVR titles at A Festa. But the others not. On Fanza I buy but to support, not to watch, their streaming and VR player are garbage.

Does anyone know what's going on with VR uploaders, why so many titles are not being uploaded in VR?

Unfortunately the sad reality is that all the sites that upload movies in VR take the movies from the same Bittorrent site, and if it doesn't upload them, yhey are nowhere to be found. No uploader gets the movies on their own, as far as I see....

Last edited:

Itsabiggapepperoni

Jan 21, 2022
Has it been going on for months? I only noticed it recently, a number of scenes that have been out for 3+ weeks and nowhere to be found. I'm mostly bummed out about missing SIVR and URVRSP scenes.. Are there sites other than Afesta that sell drm free movies? Sucks that so many VR producers are DMM exclusive. Also, are all VR releases on DMM encrypted?

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
No uploader gets the movies on their own, as far as I see....
filevkool does distribute stuff(in a few places, not just here) his team gets directly, but he does it for money so you get what you get and that's mostly it.
They're big so not the best time to effort ratio for him.

Reactions: Walle12

VR Velvet

Jan 27, 2024
I noticed the VR uploads started to get unpredictable mid January. Before that you could almost guarantee any scene would be uploaded. It's was good while it lasted, though I was looking forward to VRKM 1236 and a few others.

Only just became aware of Afesta. I assumed all scenes used DRM before that. Are the releases quite slow on Afesta? Been checking the latest scenes page and feels like nothing new is on there. I don't mind waiting if VRKM 1236 eventually gets put on there and I can buy it.

Itsabiggapepperoni

Jan 21, 2022
Only just became aware of Afesta. I assumed all scenes used DRM before that. Are the releases quite slow on Afesta? Been checking the latest scenes page and feels like nothing new is on there. I don't mind waiting if VRKM 1236 eventually gets put on there and I can buy it.
Only few studios release on Afesta at the same time as Fanza. Most of the other releases are delayed, and many studios are Fanza exclusive and don't show up there at all.

I remember there was a way to remove encryption from files, but it's been a while since I tried it and it was way to complicated for my simple brain. But if the uploads dont improve soon, i might need to look it up again

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Has it been going on for months? I only noticed it recently
Problems with VR releases started in november. AJVR-213 was launched on November 30. Since then, at least 20 to 30 VR movies have not been uploaded anywhere, as far as I know.

Some time ago it was possible to download from Fanza by playing the movie in the browser and saving with a plugin, but it doesn't works anymore., as I Know. I can't watch the movies I buy from Fanza in the browser, they don't work. Only in an awful app with DRM.

I've been researching how to remove the DRM, and the only thing I've found are apps that charge you a pretty expensive subscription, and also paying with credit card...

Only just became aware of Afesta. I assumed all scenes used DRM before that. Are the releases quite slow on Afesta?

At A Festa movies are DRM free, you download MP4 files and use them wherever you want. SOD VR and Spicy VR movies are the only ones that are released on the same day as Fanza. KMP (only VRKM titles) are released a month late. It has a few more VR studios, but they are third rate.

Last edited:

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
uff, as Chewbaka says, I am a man of culture too... :p I like breast in all sizes, as long as they are natural....

I've seen thousands of VRs so I have too many favorite scenes and girls, my tastes are wide and I wouldn't know how to tell you specific scenes or girls.

Haha, I think I can name some specific scenes and girls if only cos I have less in my collection.

SIVR-171: Kawakita Saika's very first VR title also happened during the short period where she was paipan and the bikini wax was quite clean too. I'm a sucker for beautiful Japanese girls with paipan so this title overshadows all her newer releases for me. I like them all but this is my clear favorite.

MDVR-148, MDVR-200, KAVR-217, KAVR-226: You get the idea here, basically any title with both Matsumoto Ichika and Nagase Yui in it. They just work so well together and both of them are equally very cute so neither can really steal the scene away from the other. MDVR-148 even has Oka Erina in it - another cutie with a smoth coochie.

WAVR-201: Mukai Ai and Kuruki Rei made a steaming hot lesbian title previously with LZDQ-022 with a mature woman/young girl theme. They got back together for a VR version and it is glorious. First clip has you spying on them from under a table. 2nd clip, you get to watch from up close. 3rd clip, they bring you in on the action while continuing to play tongue-fu with each other. This is legendary material right here, why aren't they shooting more of such titles in VR?

Incidentally, Mukai Ai is 'mature' now. Remember that younger girl who also shot uncensored vids?

DSVR-1022: I mentioned this harem title quite a few times already and its mostly for Mori Hinako's scene. She's just so convincingly horny and lustful in this one.

VRKM-1054: There's quite a few ass-themed VRs out there already but this one is my clear favorite for who is in it - Saito Amiri, Ozaki Erika, and Tsukino Kasumi. No idea who that 3rd girl was until I watched this but I'm impressed that she can hold her own with the other 2 around so I'm gonna find more of her titles.

PRDVR-048: Suzumori Remu's only VR with GFE and creampie. This one is a classic. Her soapland vid seems to be more popular on Afesta. She does look amazing all soaped up, but the squeeky noise that rubber mattress makes is really annoying in VR. Also, the sex worker vibe is nowhere near as fun as GFE.

MDVR-166: Ono Rikka is rather underrated over at Moodyz, IMHO, where Ishikawa Mio, Yagi Nana, and Nanasawa Mia seem to get all the attention. I think she's very pretty with a great body and she's just so sexy as a maid in this one. All young maids should be required to scrub lint from carpets while wearing a t-back. This is the way. Should make it a law or something. I could watch her do this for days. The rest of the title is pretty solid too.

SIVR-215: Kasui Jun's first VR is her best so far, IMHO. This girl's skin and complexion... she needs to be protected...

HNVR-007: Every man of culture with a VR headset needs to watch this one. Literally everyone. You can't really fap to this as its too distracting. But you need to watch it anyway. JUST WATCH IT. SHUT UP!

Itsabiggapepperoni

Jan 21, 2022
SIVR-215: Kasui Jun's first VR is her best so far, IMHO. This girl's skin and complexion... she needs to be protected...
She really does look like she's made of porcelain, one of a kind. There are too few scenes with her for sure
HNVR-007: Every man of culture with a VR headset needs to watch this one. Literally everyone. You can't really fap to this as its too distracting. But you need to watch it anyway. JUST WATCH IT. SHUT UP!
Classic, star-studded cast and some great closeups back when most producers didn't know wtf they were doing. There's definitely too much going on, even as a fan of harems but still it's a good one.
I've been researching how to remove the DRM, and the only thing I've found are apps that charge you a pretty expensive subscription, and also paying with credit card...
Not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but i got good news - i managed to convert my dmm videos to .mp4 using Jav-It. The set up is a bit of a hassle but the convertion itself was pretty straightforward.

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
OK, gonna mention some disappointing recent acquisitions.

URVRSP-298 with Sakuragi Mion. Released this month.
urvrsp00298pl.jpg

She looks pretty enough but in VR whenever her face is in front of the cam, I can only think of one thing - NOSE. It dominates her face. I suspect in in real life, it really isn't that bad but in VR her nose really stands out a little too much due to how VR works.

She's not actually unattractive though. Some guys might actually like that look. But for me, I'm just a little too distracted by that facial feature to be turned on by this.

And there's SIVR-301 with Kuroshima Rei. Released last year in October. S1 really did overdid the photoshop here to the point of false advertising.

sivr00301jp-2.webp

She's not this pretty, but face photoshopping is very common in the sex industry. I can overlook this.

But here's what I can't accept.

sivr00301jp-8.webp

Her breasts look pretty normal here, right? Not a particularly out standing pair but they look good, yes? A normal pair, nicely shaped.

Except that has been touched up big time too.

This is what she's really like.

1706460699647.png
I know I said I appreciate all breasts as a man of culture, but err...OK, if this pair were in front of me in real life, I likely won't complain. But this is JAV. We have options and I think I'd rather go watch something else instead at this point. Too many clips too watch, why spend my time on this?

So that just a heads up. I suggest skipping SIVR-301 unless you like this sort of thing. Some guys actually do like that particular breast type. But its not for me.

URVRSP-298, grab it if you like girls with hawkish noses. Else you might want to give it a pass.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
She really does look like she's made of porcelain, one of a kind. There are too few scenes with her for sure

Sorry guys, but I have bad news... Kasui Jun has retired... :( Also Hitara Himani, RanRan, Hitomi Honda and Chiharu Miyazawa...

ot sure if we're talking about the same thing, but i got good news - i managed to convert my dmm videos to .mp4 using Jav-It. The set up is a bit of a hassle but the convertion itself was pretty straightforward.

Thanks!! I'll investigate it.

Haha, I think I can name some specific scenes and girls if only cos I have less in my collection.

Great movies!! Really you are a man of culture... :)

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Yes, VR accentuates the features that stand out a bit, such as the nose.

I like Kuroshima Rei, admittedly her boobs are not perfect but I like her body and face in general. In this case, I find the retouched teeth more distracting....

Itsabiggapepperoni

Jan 21, 2022
URVRSP-298 with Sakuragi Mion. Released this month.
I've seen it, tbh I hope she doesn't get a nose job, i would take her unique beauty over plastic look any day.
Sorry guys, but I have bad news... Kasui Jun has retired... :( Also Hitara Himani, RanRan, Hitomi Honda and Chiharu Miyazawa...
Oh well, but retirements in this industry are confusing. I was sure Mio Megu retired, but they just released a new scene with her this month.

Somewhat related, VRKM released a new title with Nanami Yokomiya, and it's bizarre. I think they decided to indirectly acknowledge what happened, because it ends with some behind the scenes footage and "special thanks to the fans" in credits. But even stranger is the scene itself, it almost felt like a goodbye. I don't know if it's a morbid coincidence or what to think about it..

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Oh well, but retirements in this industry are confusing. I was sure Mio Megu retired, but they just released a new scene with her this month.

Well, that's because she possibly filmed that VR before she retired. The releases have a lag of about 6 months, as far as I know.

Somewhat related, VRKM released a new title with Nanami Yokomiya, and it's bizarre

I have decided not to watch it. I can't.

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021

Noooo....Its too soon for Kasui Jun. She has so few VR vids. Well, still more than your average Moodyz girls but not quite enough.

RanRan and Miyazawa Chiharu are past the age where many girls retire. Of course, some stars are still around at their ages but many girls have already retired by that point as they cannot compete with the younger incoming girls. Maybe RanRan could as she is the loli type and that is generally ageless, but Miyazawa Chiharu had started to do anal which is something many girls don't do unless they feel a need to stand out in some way.

No idea who the other too are, especially Hitara Himani where a google search turns up an anime character. Honda Hitomi is from Madonna which is a studio I don't normally pay attention to cos they do jukujo and that's a genre I skip. Not that I think mature women aren't attractive but there's only so much time and hard drive space so I prefer to spend them on young beauties. Oh dear...I'm becoming like George Clooney but without the good looks and wealth...

VR Velvet

Jan 27, 2024
I always liked that RanRan seemed to put 100% into her performances. That and since watching VR Jav I found out I like the saliva play, which RanRan would usually do. Weirdly I don't think I'd enjoy that in real life.

I'm not super into Alice Otsu but the scene her and RanRan did together (NHVR 197) is pretty legendary, especially with how little lesbian play there seems to be in JAV VR.

I Rank all my favorite scenes in a visual app. So far I'm at about 138 and the number of scenes usually stays at that number. Lesser ones get deleted off so even my lowest ranked scene is still a five star video (I know I have a problem but I like ranking things!) 5 of those are RanRan scenes.

I'm hoping this means that her last couple of scenes get uploaded, especially the two scenes where she is with another woman.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
. Not that I think mature women aren't attractive but there's only so much time and hard drive space so I prefer to spend them on young beauties. Oh dear...I'm becoming like George Clooney but without the good looks and wealth...

xD XD Yes, we have fantasies about girls as if we were teenagers... :p

I like mature, if the woman is atractive and natural. And the only place in the world where you can find beautiful and sexy matures with a natural body, is in JAV.

Watching movies with mature women from the USA or Europe is impossible, it's a festival of plastic tits, botoxed lips, tattoos, and other disgusting things... And in the USA and Europe women age faster and worse than in Japan...

Lesser ones get deleted off so even my lowest ranked scene is still a five star video (I know I have a problem but I like ranking things!) 5 of those are RanRan scenes.

I don't rank scenes, but I delete the ones I don't like. I delete about 60 or 70% of what I download.

glycereth

May 1, 2014
Well, I've said it before, I don't want to be a bore. But I don't like the fact that KMP uses too many clothes in the sex scenes, the sex is almost always very slow and robotic, there is no passion, there is less immersion and interaction than in other studios, and they hardly use the face-to-face missionary, which for me is almost mandatory.

They release hundreds of VRs a year, and of course I like some of them. But to match sex without clothes, immersion, a little fast sex and face-to-face missionary, it's almost impossible. For example I like their "Ceiling Special Angle" series, because it always has nudity and face-to-face missionary. These are the only two KMP movies I have bought in a year:

(This today at A Festa):

vrkm-1163-jpg.3387691

vrkm-1082-jpg.3319233

Of course, I understand that this is a matter of taste, and everyone has their own respectable tastes. And I'm sure mine are not in the majority.

It's the same reason I told Chewbaka that I didn't like Aoi Mirei's two VRs: all the sex scenes have clothes, there's little immersion, the camera is always far away, and there's no face-to-face missionary.
Went away for a bit to fix some irl stuff, came back hoping to see some good titles but none. I see Walle is still unhappy about the same thing, and I totally agree, it feels like the studios are doing it on purpose to not include that angle for reasons we do not know.

It's also why I've kind of lost interest in VR, it's bad enough to watch VR with mosaic, to deny everyones access to the only immersive angle(imo) is just rubbing salt into the wound. Not to mention some of my fav actresses have stopped filming ever since the law changes in Japan(Alice Kisaki, Ogura Nanami, Amane Mahina), it's depressing going through title previews hoping to find one you'd enjoy, only to find yourself wasting time and 99% of them don't have that top down angle, and the few that have it, the actress is terrible at acting or just not your cup of tea.

Probably time to give up on VR for a bit and focus on RL for now, alcohol is kind of my solution to relax now, just a can a day, seems to be working, also cost less than the apple vision pro.

Also just found out about Nanami Yokomiya, I kinda felt it was going to happen because she seemed like completely dead inside in some of her titles, her eyes looked devoid of emotions, hope she's gone to a better place, RIP.