JAV database

indehoy

Dec 3, 2012
Hi,
Yes, this is a cultural difference.
In Japan the actors does not have the following and actress has.
In other words, in Japan people do not buy the movies because of the actor but because of the Actress. So the actors are not considered that important.
Also Japanese men may feel jealous if the actor is fit and good looking, that is why most of the movies the actors are average or under average looking.

-----------------------------
Hi...

Oh I see... thank`s for the information
Sometime I think how luckily JAV actor can play with many JAV girls even if they not good looking....:D
I have one question, in my computer I have one folder from so many JAV folder category, I called this folder "The Only One" yes, cause I just found out this Idol only play in one video or session, for the sample :
VAL-012
12val00012jp-1.jpg

I don`t know who is she, and I am never found out another video from that Idol
I have searching from any JAV database, but nothing.

Or this Idol
17746_FC2-PPV-671723.jpg

Or this ID NNP J008

My question is, Do you now a complete database of JAV that not with only one name or ID, for example
Risa Murakami AKA Takeuchi Sarina,
Madoka Araki AKA Rin Tsubaki AKA Yuko Kasuga
Anna Sakurai AKA Asuka Kawazoe

thank you.

Pardon me for my bad English, I hope you understand what I mean....:)

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
No much on-topic happening... so...

Is there a sensible way to group studios into studio groups?

Up to now I dump all cover images into one folder, but it's not sustainable, it's only a matter of time when the folder bursts. When it reached 10000 files in the folders and still perform fine I was amazed. But it kept growing and I don't want to run into problem because a solution is needed sooner or later.

I considered splitting the collection of cover images into a few folders based on some subjective ranking, like all the low classes in one folder and all the top stars/labels in another folder etc. But that's impossibly time-consuming and ineffective.

So I started with splitting off folders for the top studios: S1 got 1385 files, out of a total 12,000 files that's a great start. If all studios work out like that I'd have under 15 folders each with under 2000 files. But of course it won't.

SOD got 447 files, Moodyz got 469, ABP-, E-Body, Rocket, Oppai each got 200-ish, WANZ got 140. That's when it looks like dminishing returns. So if I end up with 50-100+ folders many of which contains 20-100 files that's less usable than a single folder with 12000 files.

Oh right I should group Fitch with Oppai, and maybe E-Body too (the logic is obvious, no?), that will make a folder more relevant.

Next I have an idea to group the 'fake amateurs' studios together, Hunter, Apache, Switch. Maybe another folder with the rapey, S&M, humiliation together... but other than Attackers I can't name that many studios off the top of my head, with already defeat the purpose.

So... do you have a similar scheme, categorize all JAV using some simplistic (no subjective (human) judgement needed) into say under 15 categories. Studio may or may not be the sensible way. Anyway I fully expect there will be a 'leftover' folder holding all files not fitting those simple groups, and this leftover mess maybe near 50% of the whole collection. That's ok. I would be very happy if the 'leftover' or 'everything else' folder is under 40% of the whole database.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008

Up to now I dump all cover images into one folder, but it's not sustainable, it's only a matter of time when the folder bursts. When it reached 10000 files in the folders and still perform fine I was amazed. But it kept growing and I don't want to run into problem because a solution is needed sooner or later.

I considered splitting the collection of cover images into a few folders based on some subjective ranking, like all the low classes in one folder and all the top stars/labels in another folder etc. But that's impossibly time-consuming and ineffective.

So I started with splitting off folders for the top studios: S1 got 1385 files, out of a total 12,000 files that's a great start. If all studios work out like that I'd have under 15 folders each with under 2000 files. But of course it won't.

SOD got 447 files, Moodyz got 469, ABP-, E-Body, Rocket, Oppai each got 200-ish, WANZ got 140. That's when it looks like dminishing returns. So if I end up with 50-100+ folders many of which contains 20-100 files that's less usable than a single folder with 12000 files.

Oh right I should group Fitch with Oppai, and maybe E-Body too (the logic is obvious, no?), that will make a folder more relevant.

Next I have an idea to group the 'fake amateurs' studios together, Hunter, Apache, Switch. Maybe another folder with the rapey, S&M, humiliation together... but other than Attackers I can't name that many studios off the top of my head, with already defeat the purpose.

So... do you have a similar scheme, categorize all JAV using some simplistic (no subjective (human) judgement needed) into say under 15 categories. Studio may or may not be the sensible way. Anyway I fully expect there will be a 'leftover' folder holding all files not fitting those simple groups, and this leftover mess maybe near 50% of the whole collection. That's ok. I would be very happy if the 'leftover' or 'everything else' folder is under 40% of the whole database.
@ding73ding, how's your collection management these days? Have any updates or screenshots of what you're using or working on these days?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008

ding has long lost interest in this thread it seems, but, for any with his same predicament from back in April have you settled on anything? I'm looking back at this now because I've begun porting over my HTA app to PHP, so far so good, at least I've learned how to read data from MySQL. It's a start. Good thing about this is there is a small free Web Server I'm starting with that is just what I need for this. Small but it works and it is portable! So, all I need is a USB to house the entire site on it. I'm hoping to get this to work like the HTA is working and later build on that. Maybe some will find it useful. And with the portability you can take it on the go if you feel the need.

At any rate, for the folders getting too filled with cover images, what about alphabetical? A-C, D-F or something similar?

Last edited:
Reactions: CoolKevin

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008

Platii

Oct 1, 2020
Is there any video(s) featuring Shuna Kagami & Kurumi Kawashima & Aoi Ichigo together?

(sorry it's my 1st post)

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
So... ahh... kinda quiet?

So little update is that ... ya know Prestige and co. left the DMM/Fanza "monopoly" which is a major shake up on its own. But I didn't paid attention how it affects JAV databases (guess i was stupid). See I use 2 websites for scrapping, and they (like 99% of them) both get their data from Fanza. So for months I wasn't getting Prestige vids into my database. And I didn't even noticed it! Until one day I woke up (a month ago) and say... hey I haven't whacked off to Asuna Kawaii for a while now. WHY?

So it was a situation... I wasn't keen on spending time on a solution ... but missing on a top studio (group) is kinda... itchy... So one day I sat down and search for a database website that covers post-split Prestige and also easy to write a scrapper for ... turns out it took less than an afternoon to find a site and hack my current code to parse this site too... So ok the Force is balanced again.

Now today that old website (javbus.com) has returned most of the Prestige titles to their database but not all! Hmm... did I wasted my time making that workaround... not sure. Need few more weeks/months to confirm if Prestige is fully lists on these scrappable sites.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008

Vivarium

Apr 1, 2020
I'm sure that's the same thing that hit me a while back. If you are just now using this, it is probably because they changed something. I will send you a PM on the fix I found.

yes, this is my first time using it has potential

thank you

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
For anyone who is interested, I've released a new JAV browser and organizer for Windows called JavLuv which has been in active development since November 2021. Thanks to early testing and feedback since then, it's reasonably fully featured at this point, and is very simple to install and use.

Anyone is welcome to take it for a spin and let me know what you think.

I've downloaded it and mostly like it. I notice I'm missing a lot of covers. I thought the metadata attached to the file would retrieve covers from the net? Also, when adding new files, does JavLuv automatically update or do I need to do a complete new scan? Thanks and good work!

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Yeah, covers are only downloaded at the same time metadata is downloaded. If you already had .nfo metadata, it just uses what you have. I guess I should fix that behavior. Will add that to the to-do list for the next release.

To fix this with the current version, go to Settings and select "Show Advanced Options". Then, go to browser view, select all thumbnails with missing coverss, right-click and choose Regenerate Metadata. It will download new mtatadata + cover, but should actually restore the old metadata from cached backups, so you don't lose any changes you might have made, as long as the "auto-restore from backup" is checked in Settings, which is on by default.

If you add new files, you'll need to use the "Scan movies" function to update your collection. It's not a long process, and works in the background, so you can just rescan your entire folder for new movies after you've copied them.
Well, with 860 movies it's not a short process!

gendalf

Apr 13, 2010
Any good alternatives to dmm? In terms of database size and what's in it, +covers&info. Since it's region locked to japan now.

Last edited:

r00g

Jul 25, 2009
Any good alternatives to dmm? In terms of database size and what's in it, +covers&info. Since it's region locked to japan now.
also this thread: https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...ow-any-alternative-site.2134350/#post-4700382

Scoern

Nov 12, 2023
Yeah I resort to keeping a private database as well.
If anybody knows the cast of GVH-083, that'd be nice.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
If anybody knows the cast of GVH-083, that'd be nice.
Other than Mitsuki Nagisa(渚みつき) I assume, the only girl listed on the official site for it.

BTW, that's a question more suited for the JAV ID section.