Japanese-to-English dictionary for JAV

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Hans Kowalski

Feb 27, 2007
What about what terms are being used for bad title translations. I assume its the same slang being used because its always translated into nonsense like 'saddle' 'port' 'squid' etc

My favorite part is when they translate the actress's name:

Tsubomi = bud

Shizuka Kanno = Quiet Kanno

Those are the two I remember the most, I've seen them in quite a few titles.

Reactions: needs more loli

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
My favorite part is when they translate the actress's name:

Tsubomi = bud

Shizuka Kanno = Quiet Kanno

Those are the two I remember the most, I've seen them in quite a few titles.
My favorite one is:
Kagami Shuna = Kagami Main Dish :lol:

Its funny because its kind of true, in a way she is the "main dish"

hatsupaw

Mammal
Nov 23, 2013
My favorite one is:
Kagami Shuna = Kagami Main Dish :lol:

Its funny because its kind of true, in a way she is the "main dish"
What? Are you on a diet? Just kidding.
I believe Kagami means mirror.
As for Tsubomi, it sounds funny since Bud is considered to be a boy's name to Westerners, but the implication is the bud of a flower, which is kind of pretty.
I also remember Mayura Hoshitsuki being translated as Mayura Stars.

needs more loli

Apr 30, 2015
What? Are you on a diet? Just kidding.
I believe Kagami means mirror.
As for Tsubomi, it sounds funny since Bud is considered to be a boy's name to Westerners, but the implication is the bud of a flower, which is kind of pretty.
I also remember Mayura Hoshitsuki being translated as Mayura Stars.
yea I'm on an all loli diet :p

Reactions: hatsupaw

periph

Sep 28, 2012
one studio has a (new?) series where the girls say somethng like "kupaa" while spreading their pussy lips. what are they saying and what does it mean?

anybody know what kupaa means?

EDIT: found this. sound of pussy lips spreading.

examples:
SNIS-484 Oma ● This, Kupaa. Asuka Kirara
snis484pl.jpg

BAZX-015 Anal Twitching Oma ● Co Kupaa 4 Hours
84bazx015pl.jpg

DJE-055 Bukkake Kupaa Kurata Mao
2dje055pl.jpg

SNIS-401 Intercourse ● This, Kupaa. Ichinose Haruka
snis401pl.jpg

keanurefresh

Jun 7, 2013
So guys, I'm curious,
Whenever a couple (who like each other) having sex,
why on the end before the girl cumming,
she always said something like "yamette, ikke ikke"?
It doesnt make sense to me because I was thinking what she meant to said is "Stop, I'm coming, I'm coming."
Does that mean she want the guy stop because she is about to cum?
Because most of the guys doesnt stop.

needs more loli

Apr 30, 2015
So guys, I'm curious,
It doesnt make sense to me because I was thinking what she meant to said is "Stop, I'm coming, I'm coming."
I think she is telling the him to stop because the orgasm is too intense. Not stop completely more like pause.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
So guys, I'm curious,
止める = やめる = yameru = to stop
Be the way: It's 「yamete」, not 「yamette」. ;)
行く = いく = iku = to come, but also to have an orgasm

I think she is telling the him to stop because the orgasm is too intense. Not stop completely more like pause.
Yeah, agree.

Joker6969

Sep 3, 2014
What about what terms are being used for bad title translations. I assume its the same slang being used because its always translated into nonsense like 'saddle' 'port' 'squid' etc
Saddle = POV.
Ji*port (or similar) is due to censorship of 'chinpo' which means dick. Like writing 'd*ck'. Oma*co is something similar for pussy.

One of the funniest translations I've found was "Semen poisoning dog". It all made sense when I found out "poisoning" can mean "addiction". Cum addicted bitch.

princeali692

Jav is love... Jav is life...
Jun 29, 2012
Great thread. I've picked up a few japanese words myself and you have them all here and more. I find it good to understand just enough words so that I can understand the flow of the conversation and what it is about. Some Japanese words even sound sexy to me when I hear them now.

needs more loli

Apr 30, 2015
Great thread. I've picked up a few japanese words myself and you have them all here and more. I find it good to understand just enough words so that I can understand the flow of the conversation and what it is about. Some Japanese words even sound sexy to me when I hear them now.
This is the exact reason I made this thread. Glad you found it helpful. :)

TheDuke07

Jan 15, 2009
Saddle = POV.
Ji*port (or similar) is due to censorship of 'chinpo' which means dick. Like writing 'd*ck'. Oma*co is something similar for pussy.

One of the funniest translations I've found was "Semen poisoning dog". It all made sense when I found out "poisoning" can mean "addiction". Cum addicted bitch.
saddle is pov? I always figured it was just r*** or cowgirl. lot of non pov used saddle. I figured pov was 'subjectivity' since that's the tag in all the databases

Joker6969

Sep 3, 2014
saddle is pov? I always figured it was just r*** or cowgirl. lot of non pov used saddle. I figured pov was 'subjectivity' since that's the tag in all the databases
Apparently I was wrong. Google translate gives "saddle" or "POV" for "ハメ" or "hame". I found at least one example (MIDE-266) where javlibrary says "saddle" and R18 says "POV".

But, googling for example "ハメ slang" finds pages that say it's a slang word for "fuck". No mention of POV at all.

princeali692

Jav is love... Jav is life...
Jun 29, 2012
It use to be a lot harder for me to understand what syllables were being said when I would try to pickup other japanese words in JAV. Using this list and listening to how certain syllables are actually pronounced has made it much easier for me to look up new words based on how they sound.

Depending on the movie or scene I will repeat a part over and over until I get the right syllable and the translation makes sense. It's important to understand the meaning of the word but don't get stuck with the English definition in your head because translations don't always convey the actual intent or message of the word itself. For example in Japanese they might say only one word but it can mean a little more depending on the context of the conversation. Hopefully some of that makes sense. I should probably take real Japanese classes. This way is probably more fun though.:)