Japanese-to-English dictionary for JAV

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
JAV is much more enjoyable when you know what is happening and what is being said. While this is no substitute for a fully English-subtitled JAV, I hope it will help people understand, enjoy, and appreciate JAV even more.

Let's make this a living document: suggest new words or corrections and I will update the list. Also use this place to request some quick translations, perhaps some kind Japanese speakers would be willing to translate.

List of words and phrases (sorted alphabetically based on romaji spelling):
aji - taste
atatakai - warm
atsui - hot (temperature)
bakku - doggystyle
bero - tongue
bikkuri - surprised. Girls often say this when a guy whips out his schlong and its way larger than she expected.
biku biku - throbbing (referring to dick)
bin bin - hard (referring to dick)
boku ha mite - look at me. Said by male. ha is often pronounced as wa, as in konnichi-ha
bukkake - literally means "splashing". Often used in JAV to mean cum on face. Bukkake is the noun form of the verb bukkakeru meaning 'to splash'. Bukkakeru is a compound composed of 2 words: the prefix bu (from the verb butsu meaning 'to hit') and kakeru (which can mean a lot of things, but in this context it means 'to pour').
chichai - small / tiny
chikai - too close. Often heard when a guy puts his dick up to the girls face, she'll say "too close!"
chikubi - nipples. The whole thing, separate words for the nub and base.
(o)chinchin - penis. Semi-slang. English equivalent would be "your pee-pee"
(o)chinpo - penis. Semi-slang, more vulgar/slutty than (0)chinchin. English equivalent would be "dick" or "cock"
choudai - give it to me. Often heard in bukkake, the girl will say ippai choudai = "give me a lot [of cum]"
chu - kiss (slang)
daisuki - I love it/I love this
dashite - release / put out. Ex: ippai dashite = release a lot [of cum]. bero wo dashite = put out your tongue
dekai - huge (referring to dick). Bigger than ookii
dekachin - huge dick
deshou - don't you agree? / am I right?
dete kita - it came out
dopyuu-dopyuu - describes the sound of continuous spurting thick liquid, often said during bukkake
doro-doro - again, describing thick liquid flowing
doushio - what should I do?
ecchi - perverted / dirty. Japanese pronunciation of the letter "H" which stands for hentai which means "pervert"
eroi - erotic / dirty. Comes from the English word "erotic" and means the same thing.
fera - fellatio/blowjob
futoi - thick/fat (referring to dick)
gaman dekinai - I can't bare it anymore
gaman jiru - pre-cum
genki - energetic / lively. Often referring to penis when it is very hard or throbbing.
goshujin-sama - master. Girl will often say to a man when wearing a maid costume.
haitta - it entered / it's inside. Often said when something goes inside pussy such as penis or vibrator.
hayai - fast / quick. Said when a guy ejaculates prematurely (cums to quickly).
hairanai - it won't enter / it won't fit. Often used when trying to insert large penis.
hairukana - please enter (referring to pussy). Girl sometimes says before inserting penis
haiyaku - quicker / faster.
hajimete - first time. Girl will often say when she has never done a particular sex act before.
hanashite - let go of me / unhand me. Girl will say this very often in Investigator movies
hazukashii - ashamed / embarrassed / shy. Often said by girl when getting undressed
hen - weird / strange
honto (ni) - very / really / seriously. Can be used as a adjective Ex: honto ni ookii = really big / seriously big. Can also be used as a question Ex: honto ni? = really? / seriously? / Are you serious?
hoshii - (I) want
ii - good / is it good?
ii desuka - is it okay?
ii naa - that's [looks] good. Often heard during blowbang or gangbang. When the girl starts with the first guy, you'll then hear other guys in the crowd say "that looks good" in an envious way.
ikasete - make me cum. Girl sometimes says when having sex
ikisou - I'm going to come
ikitai - I want to come
iku - come / I'm coming
imouto - little sister
ippai - a lot. Often used to describe the quantity of semen.
irete - put in (command)
irete ii - is it okay to put in? When girl is on top she sometimes asks this before putting penis in.
itadakimasu - polite form of the verb itadaku meaning 'to receive'. Itadakimasu is an expression used before partaking in a meal. You often hear an idol saying this before they receive a guy's load in their mouth.
itai - it hurts
jozu / jouzu - skilled at
kakete - pour (command). In JAV this basically means "cum on my face". Often heard in bukkake, the girl will say kakete kudasai = "please pour [your cum on me]". Or ippai kakete = "pour a lot [of cum]"
kao ni zamen ippai kakete - cum a lot of sperm on my face
katai - hard. Often used to describe hard penis.
kimochii - feels good / does it feel good?
kimochii yokatta - that felt good (past tense)
kintama - balls / testicles
kitsui - tight (referring to pussy or anus). Can also mean intense.
kirei - beautiful
kocchi mite - watch me / look at me / look here. Usually girl when showing boobs or spreading pussy. Or men seeking eye-contact when receiving a blowjob.
kocchi muite - face this way.
kochira - this way / this direction.
koi - thick (referring to semen)
koko - here
koware chau - it will break (referring to pussy or ass). Girl will sometimes say this when she is getting fucked very hard.
kowaii - scary. New idols sometimes say this when its their first time doing something extreme like their first blowbang or first interracial.
kuchi - mouth
kuchi manko - literally "mouth-pussy" often heard during deep/fast fellatio or irrumatio
kuchi ni dashite, kudasai - either "please come in my mouth" or "please can I come in your mouth" depending on who is saying it
kupaa - sound of tight pussy spreading
kurushii - it's painful / is it painful? Not as painful as itai. Girl often says when trying to deep throat.
kusai - smelly / stinks / it stinks
kusuguttai - that tickles
mada / mada dame - not yet. Girl will often say when giving blowjob/handjob to tell the guy she doesn't want him to cum yet.
matte - wait
(o)manko - pussy
mazui - not good / unsavory
misete - please show me
motto - more
mou ikkai - once more
naka - inside
naka ni dashite - cum inside me / release [your cum] inside
nakadashi - creampie
namete - lick (command)
namete mo ii / namete ii - is it okay to lick? Girl usually asks before giving blowjob
nigai - bitter. Often used to describe the taste of cum.
nomu - drink. You'll often hear some guy off camera say this, telling the girl to drink the cum in her mouth.
nonda / non jatta/ nomimashita - drank / I drank it. Often used after swallowing cum.
nuru nuru - wet
oishii - delicious. Often used to describe the taste of cum.
oku made - put in all the way. Guy will say when he wants the girl to deep throat.
onani - masturbation
onegai - please
onii-san / onii-chan - older brother. Onii-chan is cute way of saying.
ookii - big
oppai - breasts
paipan - shaved pussy
paizuri - tit fuck
pantsu - panties / underwear
pero pero - lick / tongue flicking. Can also be said in a lower tone bero bero
saikou - (it's/that's) the best
saki / sakipo - tip (referring to penis). Often heard during handjob.
sawatte - touch (command)
seieki - semen
shabutte - suck (command)
shabutte ii - is it okay to suck?
(o)shiri - buttocks / butt
shirikoki - using ass to rub against dick
shitai - (I) want
shitsurei shimasu - allow me to bother you. It's a phrase used to excuse yourself before doing something. You'll often hear the girl say this before touching or sucking dick especially in maid, masseuse, or other service situations. The first shi is often said almost silently so it usually just sounds like tsurei shimasu
shoppai - salty. Often used to describe the taste of cum.
soko - there
sugoi - amazing (when used alone). Can also mean "very" in combination with other words
suki desu - I like it / I like this (the "u" is virtually silent in both words)
taberu - to eat
takusan - many people. Sometimes heard during interviews before bukkake, gokkun, or gangbang.
tama / tama tama - balls / testicles. cute way of saying
tattete - stand up. Sometimes used to describe erect (standing) penis.
tekoki - hand job
ugoita - it moved. Girl often says when a guys dick twitches/jumps.
ureshi - I am happy
wakannai / wakaranai - I don't know
yamete - stop it. Very commonly used when the AV Idol is less than willing.
yarashi - dirty / naughty / obscene. Often heard during blowbangs, when the girl has a lot of penis in her mouth the guys will sometimes say "that looks naughty". Girl sometimes says when guy licks her butthole
yasashii - gentle / kind
yukkuri - slowly
zamen - semen
zen zen - completely / total
zen zen hairanai - it won't completely enter / it won't completely fit. Girl often says when failing to completely deep throat a large penis
zenbu - everything / entirely

Other sources:
http://pinkji.sh/

PS: I don't speak Japanese but like most on this forum, I've picked up a few words from JAV, anime, hentai, manga, doujins, and variety shows. At the moment, most words on this list come from an old thread. I merely sorted it and added to it from other sources. Its still a rough draft, as we add more I can format it better.

Pro-tip: JAV titles are often very descriptive and alone can provide a lot of clues to the storyline, scenario, plot or theme of the movie. Search the movie on R18 to get an English-translated title instead of the literal-translations from Google Translate or JavLibrary. When searching a code on R18 replace the dash with a two zeros. For example, to search for MUM-123 type in "MUM00123" instead.

Last edited:

hatsupaw

Mammal
Nov 23, 2013
Good list, mnl. I am more or less in the same boat as you, I can sort of follow what's going on from certain key phrases and also the tone of what's being said. Here's a few more.

oishii - delicious
kuchimanko - literally "mouth-pussy" often heard during deep/fast fellatio or irrumatio
"kuchi ni dashite, kudasai" - either "please come in my mouth" or "please can I come in your mouth" depending on who is saying it
ikitai - I want to come (actually literally I want to go, same as all other variants i.e. "iku" and "ikisou", to the Japanese the climax is going, not coming)
kimochii yakatta - that felt good (past tense)
suki desu - I like it/I like this (the "u" is virtually silent in both words)

Last edited:

asianbooblover

Akiba Citizen
Jun 20, 2007
Thanks so much for this informative post- you are so right, I can't tell you how many times i wished I knew what the women in JAV were saying- this will help

Reactions: needs more loli

periph

Sep 28, 2012
one studio has a (new?) series where the girls say somethng like "kupaa" while spreading their pussy lips. what are they saying and what does it mean?

needs more loli

Apr 30, 2015
In this case it would be nice if the forum also had a wiki - in addition to the gallery. ;) On the other hand: If the wiki would be used the same way the gallery is misused by some people... :(

EDIT: Also see here http://pinkji.sh/
Thanks I was looking for that site.

Good list, mnl. I am more or less in the same boat as you, I can sort of follow what's going on from certain key phrases and also the tone of what's being said. Here's a few more.

oishii - delicious
kuchimanko - literally "mouth-pussy" often heard during deep/fast fellatio or irrumatio
"kuchi ni dashite, kudasai" - either "please come in my mouth" or "please can I come in your mouth" depending on who is saying it
ikitai - I want to come (actually literally I want to go, same as all other variants i.e. "iku" and "ikisou", to the Japanese the climax is going, not coming)
kimochii yakatta - that felt good (past tense)
suki desu - I like it/I like this (the "u" is virtually silent in both words)
Awesome. Added them to the list.

nakadashi = creampie = cum inside pussy ?
That's right. Thanks.

hatsupaw

Mammal
Nov 23, 2013
One I have learned over the years watching JAV :

コッチ見て
kotchi mite - look at me (usually men seeking eye-contact when receiving a blowjob)

boku ha mite - Another way of (a male) saying look at me. (ha is often pronounced as wa, as in konnichi-ha)
(o)shiri - not 100% on this, but I believe this is the term for ass, butt, buttocks.

needs more loli

Apr 30, 2015
boku ha mite - Another way of (a male) saying look at me. (ha is often pronounced as wa, as in konnichi-ha)
(o)shiri - not 100% on this, but I believe this is the term for ass, butt, buttocks.
Awesome!

I've never heard it without the o, but I could be wrong. As in oshiri.

needs more loli

Apr 30, 2015
Well, there is shiri-koki (using the butt to rub a dick)... hey wait! Do we have these?
tekoki - hand job
paizuri - tit fuck
shirikoki* - using ass to rub against dick

*correction needed?
I stand corrected.

And I'll add those right away :)

Zen10101

Aug 20, 2008
If I'm not wrong Kochi Mite actually means "look here". Kochira means "this way". Useful if you're asking for directions in Japan, just don't tell them you picked it up from JAV:p

Hazukashii - A favourite term for them "shy" broads. Meaning, well...shy, embarassed.
Hanashite - Makes up 85% of the script for Investigator movies. Let go of me (from your hand). Te means hand, and it always reminds me of the chorus to this song:
Onegai - Please

Kunai is used to express negation, so iku o kunai or kimochi o kunai (not sure what the right grammer is) would mean won't cum or feel pleasure. Classic statements of defiance from our secret agents.

needs more loli

Apr 30, 2015
If I'm not wrong Kochi Mite actually means "look here". Kochira means "this way". Useful if you're asking for directions in Japan, just don't tell them you picked it up from JAV:p

Hazukashii - A favourite term for them "shy" broads. Meaning, well...shy, embarassed.
Hanashite - Makes up 85% of the script for Investigator movies. Let go of me (from your hand). Te means hand, and it always reminds me of the chorus to this song:
Onegai - Please

Kunai is used to express negation, so iku o kunai or kimochi o kunai (not sure what the right grammer is) would mean won't cum or feel pleasure. Classic statements of defiance from our secret agents.
I think you're right, kocchi mite means "look at me" / "watch me" and it's usually said by the girl.

Edit: sorry I didn't add kunai, I don't really know how to explain that one. I think it's like a suffix or something not really a word on its own.

Last edited:

needs more loli

Apr 30, 2015
My favorite:
namete mo ii / namete ii - is it okay to lick?
Don't you just love how Japanese girls politely ask first before licking your dick :terharu:

Also, has anyone heard or know the meaning of the phrase zake chau? I usually hear girls say it while they are getting pounded intensely?

My guess is that it means "I'm getting messed up" or "it's getting messed up" referring to pussy.

Last edited:

Joker6969

Sep 3, 2014
ブッコ抜き - Bukkonuki? Google says "deceased unplug", some search results make me think it's Japanese for "deadlift" if refers to sport, but I assume it's bukkake related when it's used in JAV. Example http://www.javlibrary.com/en/?v=javliiz3rq

The word "daughter" is also used in titles that don't seem to be incest related. Is it just used as another word for "girl"?

Edit: Found "抜く [ぬく: NUKU] (3) (sl) (vulg) to ejaculate (gen. with ref. to masturbation)." No luck with "bukko". I find loads of japanese pages where the google translation says "deceased" even though that would make no sense in the text.

Last edited:

hatsupaw

Mammal
Nov 23, 2013
Bukkake is the noun form of the verb bukkakeru meaning 'to splash'. Bukkakeru is a compound composed of 2 words: the prefix bu (from the verb butsu meaning 'to hit') and kakeru (which can mean a lot of things, but in this context it means 'to pour'). Hence, the noun bukkake basically means 'splashing'.

dopyuu-dopyuu - describes the sound of continuous spurting thick liquid, often said during bukkake

doro-doro - again, describing thick liquid flowing

itadakimasu - polite form of the verb itadaku meaning 'to recieve'. Itadakimasu is an expression used before partaking in a meal. You often hear an idol saying this before they recieve a guy's load in their mouth.

chu - slang for 'kiss'

TheDuke07

Jan 15, 2009
What about what terms are being used for bad title translations. I assume its the same slang being used because its always translated into nonsense like 'saddle' 'port' 'squid' etc

needs more loli

Apr 30, 2015
What about what terms are being used for bad title translations. I assume its the same slang being used because its always translated into nonsense like 'saddle' 'port' 'squid' etc
For titles look up the movie on R18. They have English translations vs the literal translations which make no sense.