Pears, apricots and squid on pita bread...a glossary of frequently mistranslated words in JAV titles

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
Does anyone know what does this phrase maean when used in colloquial JAV: 寝ちゃいます [nechaimasu]?

Google: I'm going to sleep
Naver: I'm going to sleep
Baidu: I fall asleep
Yandex: i'm going to sleep.
DeepL gives variations of: I'm going to bed, I'm going to sleep, ...., I'm going to have sex [far down in the drop down list marked as uncommon].

Thanks!

bitcomet96

Sep 19, 2009
Does anyone know what does this phrase maean when used in colloquial JAV: 寝ちゃいます [nechaimasu]?

Google: I'm going to sleep
Naver: I'm going to sleep
Baidu: I fall asleep
Yandex: i'm going to sleep.
DeepL gives variations of: I'm going to bed, I'm going to sleep, ...., I'm going to have sex [far down in the drop down list marked as uncommon].

Thanks!
It's more like "I'm going to sleep" (unexpectedly, or I wasn't gonna sleep, but I'm going to sleep). The "chau" or "chaimasu" for formal speech, when added to a verb, makes the action have a "reluctance" or regret, or didn't want it to happen meaning to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mei2

Zhonda

Jun 19, 2022

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
As I understand it (but I could be wrong since I don't actually speak Japanese) NGR is when the wife doesn't want the sex at first but slowly starts to like it until at the end she's willing.

composite

Jul 25, 2015
does anyone know what "incontinence" means in this title? And JO?

[NHDTB-741] "Please dont let anyone see me..." forced to strip naked inside her jacket and search for clothesMassive incontinence J○ made to cum remotely inside the school

「誰にも見られませんように…」無理やり上着の中を全裸にされて服を探し回る校内で遠隔イキさせられた大量失禁J○

nhdtb-741-jpg.3165591

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
The second character in J○ isn't the letter o, it is a character used for censoring words, just like we would use * in f*ck or r*pe. What it actually would say uncensored is JK which means female high school student.

composite

Jul 25, 2015
The second character in J○ isn't the letter o, it is a character used for censoring words, just like we would use * in f*ck or r*pe. What it actually would say uncensored is JK which means female high school student.
Thanks. Do you have any idea what the "incontinence" means? Is that like "squirting"?

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
Insult
does anyone have any idea as to what this means in jav english?
Sometime but not always its seems to mean r***. But i am not sure.

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022
Insult

Looking over a sampling of titles containing the word, I'd say that is a good guess. Most of the titles feature r***. Though it may just mean any unwanted sexual contact.

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
The normal meaning is incontinence, uncontrolled pissing. But I'm pretty sure in JAV parlance, it's mostly used to mean uncontrolled emission of bodily fluid, either semen by man or vaginal moist or female ejaculation (squirting). It's a fair non-specific term. Meaning very often there's not much bodily fluid to be seen in the movie.

E.g. go thru the front and back cover of NHDTB-741, there's the words 大量失禁 in big font, but in every picture there isn't any squirting, emission or even wetness of urine, semen or lub. It's quite typical for that phrase, 大量失禁 doesn't necessarily mean you will see much wetness on screen.

intrepid8

レズぺニバン Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2009
Insult

The "insult" genre I believe is entirely a euphemism for Incest. You'll probably find most titles have daughter, mother or sister in them.

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
The "insult" genre I believe is entirely a euphemism for Incest. You'll probably find most titles have daughter, mother or sister in them.
Hi
sorry for the delay in replying but have been away from my laptop for a few days.
As regards euphemism for incest I think you are close but not quiet correct.
Let me explain I had a search through 'insult' on javdb and yes about 80-90% were incest,
but there were also some female doctors teachers and so on. Which had me confused.
After some hard thinking for a hour or so I think I have the full meaning.
Insult means
Humiliating (in the jav sense) someone who for legal, traditional or customary
reasons a man wouldnt normally have vanilla sex with.
A bit longwinded but I cant think of a clearer way of putting it in the english speaking world.
Hence the inclusion of incest in most of the javs.
Let me know what you think please.

intrepid8

レズぺニバン Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2009
As regards euphemism for incest I think you are close but not quiet correct.

You could very well be right. Not sure how that dovetails into DMM's existing genre categories (and all sites that utilize them, eg. JAVLibrary) for "Abuse" and "Humiliation". Would seem like a duplication although I do note that JAVLibrary uses both "insult" and "incest" on their site.

Could be miscategorization by studios/DMM staff of some titles into "insult" where it truly is meant to be a safeword for incest or that the tags just don't translate one for one easily into English. I'd have to defer to Japanese speakers if anyone is able to clarify further.

Thanks for bringing this one up.

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
You could very well be right. Not sure how that dovetails into DMM's existing genre categories (and all sites that utilize them, eg. JAVLibrary) for "Abuse" and "Humiliation". Would seem like a duplication although I do note that JAVLibrary uses both "insult" and "incest" on their site.

Could be miscategorization by studios/DMM staff of some titles into "insult" where it truly is meant to be a safeword for incest or that the tags just don't translate one for one easily into English. I'd have to defer to Japanese speakers if anyone is able to clarify further.

Thanks for bringing this one up.

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
Thanks for your comments.
Yes indeed it could be 1 mistranslation 2 human error 3 subtle language difference 4 or some cultural difference that one would have to be very familiar with Japanese culture to understand.
Same as you say about Abuse and Humiliation, I have never been able to figure out any difference between the two.
Think I will send my definition and your comments to the guy who runs glossary of jav terms and see if he who like to use it.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
i learn so much just read 1 page of this topic .
like it .. so i like to share something ..
its about " crab "
search " カニばさみで "

http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im8519562

for example in jav movies

Last edited:

Fadfaxfan

Mar 6, 2023
I've had a look and sorry if I missed it but can anybody tell me what "mouse" means in a title? I've always assumed it refers to a timid, shy type of girl but would love to know for sure. Thanks.

smallbird

Mar 7, 2019
I've had a look and sorry if I missed it but can anybody tell me what "mouse" means in a title? I've always assumed it refers to a timid, shy type of girl but would love to know for sure. Thanks.
I'm guessing it's mouth? They probably translated マウス as mouse when it should be mouth.

For example the cover for JRGX-001 says "マンコ×アナル×マウス" which should be "Pussy x Anal x Mouth".

jrgx001ps.jpg

Reactions: Fadfaxfan