Is there a way to download videos in HD from youku without registering?

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
Okay, I realise that this question might be very out of place on this forum, but I've got to know... I don't want to register on youku, because then I would have to give them my phone number, and sure, you can use your QQ account and what not, but in order to get a QQ account, you need to give them your phone number too. I have, of course, tried to use google search and a few hits popped up, but I couldn't DL the videos in HD because I either couldn't get those programs to work or if I did, it didn't give me the HD version - instead, I ended up with the lowest quality version possible ( a 20 minute ~ clip was 40 MB ~ ... I'm sure you can imagine the quality). So yeah, if anyone's got any ideas, please, let me know! Thanks in advance!

Oh, and by the way, I know that the videos that I'm looking to download in HD have HD versions (or at least much better quality versions than what unregistered users can view) because I have found them on youtube, but there they are all fragmented, with some videos missing some small parts and one video even losing audio towards the end.

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work for me! It does give me some videos in HD, but not exactly the ones that I'm looking for and I don't see any way to download them either, even though I can view them.