What is happening with my downloads or computer.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

oly

Apr 11, 2009
Hi brothers,

I have downloaded several JAV torrent from this forum such as DT-012-AVI, OPB-017, Rui Katsukawa, Nao Oikiwa etc.
After successfully downloaded, when trying to open/play the video some of them give response as: File not found (DT-012-AVI, OPB-017), some others open the Window Media Player with remark: Acquiring Codec then the sound played but no video (Red Hot Jam vol 107 DVDRip.Xvid) and some others I cannot open its directory at all (Mikado Vol. 5).
Is it because they are using Xvid codecs or what?

It was really frustrating after waiting for that long and then we cannot watch the result.
Please brothers help me what’s wrong with the download or with my computer?
I downloaded AVI format only as with AVI format I can save them to USB Flash disk and played in the big screen LCD TV with superb quality.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
To play these films on your PC I suggest you use the free VLC media player which can be downloaded here:
http://www.videolan.org
This player will handle just about any video format.

That would definitely be a good course of action. VLC can even play ISO files and DVD folders like videos!

Windows media player is just a lost cause. I don't even think it has the capacity to download proper codecs.

When you say you get a "File not found" message, can you elaborate at all? I'm just wondering if its saying this because the system doesn't have a default prog tied to a file type or if its something else.

If anything, take sicklychild's advice and try VLC player first. If the problem is simply "codec related" that should solve it.

oly

Apr 11, 2009
......................When you say you get a "File not found" message, can you elaborate at all? I'm just wondering if its saying this because the system doesn't have a default prog tied to a file type or if its something else.

Those response came up when I opened the downloaded file with Window Commander 5.10 though in the listing it shows the file with 961,033,268 bytes size.
But when I opened the same file with Window Explorer after "acquiring codec" it played the sound only. The video shows some thing like moving abstract painting.

I am still puzzling what is happening with that.

oly

Apr 11, 2009
That would definitely be a good course of action. VLC can even play ISO files and DVD folders like videos!

Windows media player is just a lost cause. I don't even think it has the capacity to download proper codecs.

When you say you get a "File not found" message, can you elaborate at all? I'm just wondering if its saying this because the system doesn't have a default prog tied to a file type or if its something else.

If anything, take sicklychild's advice and try VLC player first. If the problem is simply "codec related" that should solve it.

Yes they work well if played with VLC player.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
Those response came up when I opened the downloaded file with Window Commander 5.10 though in the listing it shows the file with 961,033,268 bytes size.
But when I opened the same file with Window Explorer after "acquiring codec" it played the sound only. The video shows some thing like moving abstract painting.

I am still puzzling what is happening with that.

Yep, this sounds pretty standard (by that, I mean its nothing to worry about). Without proper program paths and file associations, Windows can spit out some pretty cryptic and unhelpful messages.

As long as they play fine in VLC, thats all that matters! :goodmood: