I hate Otaku

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
FINALLY: somebody with a sense of online sarcasm humor. (I say this as though I, too, have one. I don't. But it's great to see Akiba-Online get somebody willing to chat here who can dish it as well as take it. Usually it's a one-way street with people.)

qn3t

Nov 8, 2009
Aw, thanks. Actually, I don't mind taking it, but I'm not very skilled at serving.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Aw, thanks. Actually, I don't mind taking it, but I'm not very skilled at serving.

rod-daily-tommy-blade.jpg

So you're the pitcher, not the catcher.
hm.... good to know.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Have you been drinking again? ;p I think you got it backwards! It's the catcher who receives and the pitcher who delivers, n'est-ce pas?

qn3t

Nov 8, 2009
I'm guessing these are baseball terms, I know nothing of baseball.

I can also serve, of course, but not as hard as someone with experience.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I'm guessing these are baseball terms, I know nothing of baseball.
You could probably just as easily Wiki it, and if you didn't then it probably means you don't really care to know what I'm about to tell you ^^; , but fyi may as well since it's simple to translate:

the pitcher is the guy who throws the ball towards the batter, and the catcher is the guy who squats down behind the batter to catch the ball in case he fails to hit it. The idea, thus, is that the pitcher is the one who puts out while the catcher is the one who receives.

Aside: "to pitch an idea" is to try to persuade somebody that a particular idea is a good one. "Pitching" is thus an American English verb which implies delivery.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
I'm into wooden planks.
The splinters do it for me.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Y'know, there's nothing more erotic than door-knob humping. It's a hidden fetish of millions. Just the thought of that stumpy metal plug... oh god.

OK, I'm dripping now.

Yes... I said dripping.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Ba zing!!!!!!!!