How do I remove drm protection from R18 video?

tdd

Apr 16, 2009
Just ask for refund, I did today, and don't use these sites so these people will learn to not be shady and say "download and own" when it is really DRM files!

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Are you using the silverlight r-player or the r-player plus from the app store?

The one from the app store uses the metro thingy which blocks capture from every software by design.

It should work fine if you're using the silverlight based player, but I haven't tested v2017 so I can't say for sure.

Reactions: CoolKevin

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
There's also a downloadable version of the silverlight player, just make sure you say you use windows vista/7/8(the browser doesn't matter since you'll get the downloadable version) at the download page and it will give you the choice to download the player if you have silverlight already installed. Don't worry, it works perfectly fine even if you have windows 8.1 and up.

Be warned that capturing from it using software capture will almost certainly result in quite a few dropped/repeated frames. I tried everything I could think of to avoid it and failed.

The only reliable way to capture it would be by using an hardware capture card(which is different from capturing using hardware acceleration with software capture which also doesn't work well) from what I've heard which makes sense since the playback is fine when you're not software capturing. Haven't tested it myself though since my only capture card is very old and very bad(10$ off ebay).

Hardware capture would also work with the plus version since it captures the signal directly so it bypasses the software restrictions.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoolKevin

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Is that the case even with a video you've never played with any other player on a specific computer? My guess would be that it's not using the right credentials somehow so clearing the cache(not sure where that is) for those credentials should fix it, but if a new video has the same problem, that's not it.

stalker9076

Mar 8, 2015
Edited.

Last edited:

sohaibrazzaq

Oct 23, 2008
After trying various solutions for screen capture like camtasia i find out that NVIDIA shadowplay is the best option for recording in Windows 10 for me.
It gives me the BEST quality, the only downside is that you can't save as uncompressed but the quality is extremely good, and you can use any bitrate between 10-130 Mb/s which is already quite good. You can record at either 30 FPS or 60 FPS.
Also you don't have to re-encode again and even at 10 Mb the result is exceptionally good, i get 0 dropped frames and the recording is not laggy as most of the video's you find online are.

Best is that its totally free BUT you need a good NVIDIA graphics card. I have a GTX 1080, Intel 4770k and 16 GB RAM. I capture to a seagate 4 TB surveillance HDD which is more then 80% free.
Too bad my upload speed is only 1 Mbit otherwise i would have gladly posted some of my videos here.

doow40

Apr 15, 2014
I do not know if this applies to you, but R18.com allows most videos to be streamed online from their website. These videos can be easily downloaded from the site without any drm using VideoDownloadHelper which is an extension on Firefox.

djan59

Sep 13, 2009
I do not know if this applies to you, but R18.com allows most videos to be streamed online from their website. These videos can be easily downloaded from the site without any drm using VideoDownloadHelper which is an extension on Firefox.

Not with R18.com

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Sorry to chime in over a month late, but, WOW how can such a claim be made???

wildfire1

May 23, 2015
Hi I do not know if this would work because I do not have Windows 10. But Windows 10 has a Xbox app which comes with it that allows you to record your gaming activity. The app's Game DVR function can capture your gaming activity, but it is supposed to also capture virtually any type of screen activity and save it as a video MP4. Here is a link to the site I read abotu it.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/349410/how-to-capture-video-clips-in-windows-10

The R18 videos need to play through their player because of the DRM to be seen. But the Xbox app DVR function is supposed to be able to capture video from any app. If I understand correctly. Now will it be able to capture the movie, maybe, maybe not.

I'm not very tech savvy. So I hope I'm not making to big of a fool of myself for suggesting this.

BudKona

Nov 18, 2008
I've used R18 off and on for about 6 years. I just signed up the other day and... the d/l speed is DREADFULL. It's really not even usable. I've been trying to d/l a 720p video now for over an hour and it's still not complete.
I have 100mbs service so it's definitely their service.

Luckily I found it here and got it in about 3 minutes from Filejoker. I'm trying to get my money back from R18 but... I doubt it.

UriF

Aug 25, 2021
r18 is closing (will be totally shut down at Jan 31 2023). It is interesting what company will replace them?