DRM Removal Help

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
The one in the second post, I didn't watch the one in the very first post.

Yes, I imagine that it, it's the x264 preset. It will indeed be more CPU intensive, but you don't have to worry about it for the re-encode(once you have your FRAPS capture) since you don't have to encode it in real time. All CPU intensive means here is that it will take longer to encode.

I'm saying you'll get higher quality from FRAPS since you can take your time and select better settings for the re-encode which is something you can't do with OBS because it has to be able to record in real time.

Edit: Ah, yes, there's quite a bit of tearing in the first sample.

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
The one in the second post, I didn't watch the one in the very first post.

Yes, I imagine that it, it's the x264 preset. It will indeed be more CPU intensive, but you don't have to worry about it for the re-encode(once you have your FRAPS capture) since you don't have to encode it in real time. All CPU intensive means here is that it will take longer to encode.

I'm saying you'll get higher quality from FRAPS since you can take your time and select better settings for the re-encode which is something you can't do with OBS because it has to be able to record in real time.

Edit: Ah, yes, there's quite a bit of tearing in the first sample.

Oh yeah in the second post is when I managed to record with OBS and got no screen tears..haven't been able to reproduce that..think I will just stick with FRAPS since its higher quality as you said.

Do you know any good programs to re encode with? I am using CyberLink Power Director 12 but it freezes when ever I try and encode with h.264 or MKV for some reason, only lets me use MP4 and WMV.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
As I said in a previous post: handbrake, Megui or my re-encoding script(from my sig) with modified defaults.

BTW, your samples have silent audio, no sure if that's on purpose or you forgot/didn't bother to capture it.

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
As I said in a previous post: handbrake, Megui or my re-encoding script(from my sig) with modified defaults.

BTW, your samples have silent audio, no sure if that's on purpose or you forgot/didn't bother to capture it.

Oh sorry forgot I asked before, and yeah I had it silent on purpose, thanks for the heads up though.