downloaded Kitahara Takako videos, DRM and DMM player

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

GeoffreyB8

Jan 15, 2008
I've been reading a number of posts here about DRM and realizing I should have looked before I leaped.
Last week I gave up hope of finding some classic Kitahara Takako (still one of the best!) titles and purchased them as WMV downloads from DMM. I expected to be able to play them on VLC Media Player, but no. Nor on Windows Media Player as of July 2015. But you guys already know that. DMM wants to force you to play these files only on their player. This bugs me. I want to play my own media on the application of my choice.

Setting aside the fact that if I have paid for an item I ought to be able to use it anyway I like in the privacy of my own home, and had I purchased the DVD I could play it on any machine I wanted, it seems clear from other threads that cracking the DRM lock is nigh impossible. The practical alternative appears to be to screen capture and re-record the content as it is being played. Would Good Samaritan or Takako-loving users with experience at this contact me off-line for advice? Takako thanks you and I thank you too!
KitaTaka17.jpg

Last edited:

GeoffreyB8

Jan 15, 2008
Did you request in the Request Threads any titles you were after before purchasing? Which titles were they, maybe someone had them.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've always been more of a lurker than a poster here. The one time I tried to request a torrent before it was deleted because a moderator said I was wrong not to put the product serial numbers in the request title. :-(

The two items in question are SRXV-688 and PXV-106. There are several more titles I would like to track down if those requests are answered. What's the likelihood of success?

srxv-688.jpg

pxv106.jpg

GeoffreyB8

Jan 15, 2008
Thanks for you advice and encouragement. The "Desperately Seeking Takako" request thread is up here. Feel free to PM me, as well.