crack DRM...

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

jupiter999

loves Tada Mizuho only...
Apr 2, 2008
Need help here!
Does anyone knows how to crack DRM inside Windows Media Video files?
These video files are so-called "protected files". They need to be verified before playable. You have to acquire a license from internet each time you want to play them, thus irritating!
I have some concert clips created by my favourite female singer's fans. But they lock them using such annoying DRM encryption...
Now the forum gone, and I no longer able to get such license already, hence cannot play the clips anymore...:rofl:
Help me...:fever:

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
If you have the license, it's easy to remove DRM (provided you have WMP9; WMP11 does not work).

If you don't have the license anymore, you're more or less out of luck.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Unfortunately (to the best of my knowledge) no one has cracked Microsoft's Windows Media DRM. The only methods I know of (FairUse4WM, FreeMe2, etc) exploit a loophole in WMP9 that allows someone with the correct license to decrypt a media file as is normally done for playback, but dump the contents into a new un-DRM'd file. But you still need the license to do this in the first place.

There are other tools like Tunebite which will convert DRM formats into other non-DRM formats (eg: re-encoding a video to AVI format); but without the original license it still cannot read the files.

DRM sucks plain and simple, and there's really no way around it. The only advice I can offer is to strip DRM as soon as possible with any new DRM-protected files you get before the licenses expire.

jupiter999

loves Tada Mizuho only...
Apr 2, 2008
sound sad...
on the other hand, did any1 able to crack Windows Media Player so far??