File Splitter and Joiner Software (with links to User Manuals)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
Let's face it. The question "How do I open this type of file?" would always pop up once in a while, specifically for split files/archives. Well, I created this thread to explain the basic concept of split files and what they are used for.

Back then, the basic use for file splitters was to enable sending of big files through email by splitting them into smaller chunks of data. In doing so, they'll fit unto the data quota set by email programs when sending data. They were also used to back up large gigabyte sized files unto a DVD or CD, which can only hold up to approximately 4.7GB and 700MB of data, respectively. This also applies to diskettes.

Now at some point you'd want your split files to be joined again so you can use them for whatever purpose they were intended for. This is where the file joiners come in. The split files are joined and are returned to their original size. These programs can also be used to encrypt files for whatever security reasons you may have.

After a long while, the file-sharing potential of the aforementioned features and the rise of file-hosting sites such as Rapidshare and Megaupload, became apparent to JAV fans. Users would download JAV from torrents and post them unto file-hosting sites as split files. After which they distribute the links for the consumption of those who can actually afford premium memberships to these file-hosting websites. They are also used by individuals who are not able to use torrents.

So here we are today, downloading split files of our favorite JAVs from file-hosting files. Normally, doing so would be faster and more convenient because they do not rely on seeds. The only thing you'd have to worry about is the deletion of the files by the admin of the file-hosting sites.

Basic Steps when downloading JAV split files:
1. Download all the split files that forms the whole movie.
2. Double-check whether the split files are complete.
3. Check the MD5 signature of your file (optional)
4. Join the files.

Additional Steps:
* You could also check if the split files were correctly named. They could be tagged with the file extensions *.00x (x=number) or *.__X (X=letter)
* Sometimes you have to correctly add a file extension to the file after it has been joined together. You'd need to add .avi or wmv or any file extension as mentioned by the link poster.
* After joining the files, check whether they are playable on your media player. If the file fails to play, the file may have been corrupt or you lack the codec to correctly play the file.
* Check the playback of the video all throughout, from beginning to end. Just play and skip playback from the start bit by bit until the end.

I won't post specifics as to how to do this and that with the program listed below because I think their website manual would suffice for any queries you may want to present. The links listed below will direct you to the most commonly used file splitter and joiner programs here. They are not, in any way, affiliated with me or this website. They are freeware and must be distributed as such, without payment. Kapish?

FFSJ: The Fastest File Splitter and Joiner with User Manuals

HJSplit

HJSplit Manual

Always read and search for a solution first before you go asking other members for help.

Note: I can not assure that all the info above are correct. All the info above have been written according to my understanding of the subject, which can be wrong. The text may be altered by me at anytime to correct any mistakes.