DRM Removal

andy55

Apr 6, 2008
Hey Guys,

I have some DRM protected JAV videos with valid licenses. That means i can play them in windows media player in Win7 at the moment.

Now i'm looking for an application or process which can remove DRM completely. I need a removal tool because converters are too lossy.

Kindly someone please help.

Regards
Andrew

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
which/what formats/format?

Hey Guys,

I have some DRM protected JAV videos with valid licenses. That means i can play them in windows media player in Win7 at the moment.

Now i'm looking for an application or process which can remove DRM completely. I need a removal tool because converters are too lossy.

Kindly someone please help.

Regards
Andrew

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I'm not aware of a software that can remove recent DRM from wmv files without re-encoding it badly.

The only way I know to remove DRM without the need to re-encode is to use drmdbg which has a few GUI like FairUse4WM, but it need very specific versions of windows media player to work, only work on XP(maybe also 2000 and 2003, I don't quite remember) and only work on an older version of the DRM most site use these days so the chances of it working on your files is very slim even if you do everything perfectly.

I'd love to be proven wrong though and for someone to show me other possibilities or at least a software that can re-encode with a wider variety of codec and settings. Being able to at least convert it to a lossless codec and then be able to process them with any other encoding tools would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person