DRM Removal Help

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
I just bought the whole Dream Woman series (HD ones only) and would like to un DRM and share them only problem is I can't.

I have tried Audials, Tunebite Amiersoft everything I have ever seen recommended, can anyone provide settings for these programs for HD quality output? I only can manage to get low quality garbage even when set to 6000 bitrate and 1920x1080 etc.

Now even the max JAV blog guy says he cannot un DRM anymore.. so what's the deal? Can I not un DRM files from R18.come anymore since they make you use Rplayer?

I was looking into trying some screen recording with OBS, it is very light weight, free and can do loss-less local recordings, but I keep getting screen tears.

Tutorial for OBS if interested: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/how-to-make-high-quality-local-recordings.16/

Anyone have any idea why the screen tears are so bad? My recording FPS is matched with the videos FPS.

Video Sample: https://mega.co.nz/#!rI4SSBCJ!8ROn4vDXaqtpfEUU28digplQFMXyFU7E4NI017M-kUI

Running an i5 2500k, R9 290 and 8GB RAM, I know it's not the best for encoding but its no POS PC.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
The problem is that 6000 bitrate is already not enough for a 1080p movie so by re-encoding it with the same bitrate, you're losing a lot of quality since the encoding artifacts count as detail and the encoder is trying to preserve those which takes a lot more bitrate to do which is why you always get worse quality when re-encoding something.
Add to this that the companies making those kind of recording software tune them for speed instead of quality and won't let you play much with the settings, it's very hard to get good quality out of them.

To unDRM the way the Max JAV guy did, you need to crack the encryption which has currently not been done since they just changed it and it takes time and a whole lot of skills to do.

The current best option would be screen recording in my opinion, but windows is crap at handling displaying video so you get lots of problems like tearing.
Depending on which graphic card you have, it can be near impossible to get rid of(in my experience, AMD is much worse than Nvidia on this and I hear intel is supposed to be better). There are sure ways with some players, but not those that can handle DRM so your best best is to try and enable Vsync to match the framerate of your monitor with windows rendering. You say you fixed it though so that's good.

The problem with screen recording in good quality is that you need a really really good cpu to do it(I have an i7-2600k overclocked at 4.7GHz and I'm a couple of frames short of doing SD in realtime with my settings) and yours is not good enough for your current setup since it's not recording a lot of the frames(go through it frame by frame and you'll notice that a lot of them are duplicates).
If you would be recording the screen with a fast lossless codec(your OBS settings aren't lossless at all currently and need a lot of juice to do in realtime for HD) and then re-encoding that lossless video into a smaller lossy one with very high settings, you'd get the best quality you can.
huffyuv is a really fast lossless codec or there's FFV1(my personal favorite) which has a good compression to speed ratio so if you can find something that can use those, it would help.

Take note that a lossless encode of an HD movie will be HUGE(talking a couple hundred of GBs for a 2 hour movie) so make sure you have lots of free space.

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
Thanks for the detailed response, yeah I knew my CPU wasnt the greatest for video editing / encoding..too bad I didn't spend the extra $$ on an i7 back when I built it. Thanks for the infor on the Max JAV dude also did not know that's how he did it.

Also I just assumed 6000kbps was good enough since that is the total bitrate of the movies when I check its details, obviously I was wrong I guess -.-

So are you even unable to re encode an HD movie with an i7 and 4.5ghz? Also did you happen to check the videos I uploaded? Wondering about the quality, also the screen tears are back, monitor is 60hz I will try setting it to 30hz manually and re recording since I cant seem to re produce it in a new recording.

I see in your sig that you do encodes? What quality would you put them at "lossy" ? or lossless, maybe you could encode them for me? I actually kept seeing your name come up in other DRM removal threads and was going to PM you specifically lol.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
It takes more bitrate than the original to get roughly the same quality(unless the original is lossless or a very inefficient codec) and the faster it goes, the more bitrate it will use so the lower the quality will be.

I can record HD, but I would need to use a temporary lossless encode to do so since it's a lot faster than a lossy codec or use faster(read as lower quality) settings. The problem is that it takes a ton of space to do lossless so you have no choice but to use a lossy encode before you share the video(unless you can crack the encryption).

I checked your video, that's why I said your CPU isn't fast enough since a lot of the original frames weren't re-encoded. When the CPU can't go fast enough, it will duplicate the previous frame to keep the correct framerate which causes a break in the motion so you get a video with choppy motion. If you play your video frame by frame, it will be really easy to notice it happening.

As long as your monitor is set to a multiple of the video, then it's optimal. It can simply show the frame for twice as long but even if that's set right, tearing can happen. It's windows way of displaying thing that cause this problem. It's better in win8 than it is in win7, but with my AMD chip, I can't fully get rid of it on either unless I use a special renderer I can set in some players(but not any that support DRM so it's useless for this). If you have a Vsync option in your graphics settings, try enabling that for your player, it may help.

You can't do lossless, it's not a feasible option to share since it's too big. Even a bluray movie isn't even close to being lossless. But to have the best possible result, you need to record it using a lossless codec and then convert that to a lossy codec(so you need to encode it twice). That way, you'll be able to use higher quality setting for the lossy part since you won't be forced to do it in real time.

So you need to do something like you're doing right now using OBS, but using a lossless setting so your CPU will be able to record at a much faster rate since it doesn't have to compress it as much. I'm not very familiar with the screen grabbing softwares these days so I don't know which can do what or how to do it with them. I know FRAPS recordings are lossless, but it's not free. OBS may have a lossless option, but I don't know it enough, I only fiddled with it for a few minutes a few months ago. To do lossless using OBS, just follow what they say there and it should work: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/can-obs-do-lossless-recording.4204/

Once you have that lossless file(which will be huge), you need to re-encode it with the re-encoding software of your choice. Handbrake or Megui are pretty popular for this or you could use my re-encoding script if you change the default encoding settings to be a bit of a higher quality than the default. x264 with a crf value of 18 or 19 should be pretty good and use the veryslow preset if you can tolerate the speed since it will give you the best result(don't use placebo, it won't be better and will be much slower).
I'm not really set up for re-encoding DRMed videos, but it's not that hard so you can easily do it yourself once you have everything you need. I'll gladly help you if you have any questions.

Last edited:

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
My CPU never maxes out though with the settings I use when I was recording those samples I uploaded, that's why I was confused. And also I know that lossless isnt really sharable since it's so huge as you say, I planned to re encode to a smaller file / format also as you said. And I have 8TB of HDD space so no worry about file sizes when recording :p

Also when I already using that setting in OBS from that link , crf=0 , accept when it is at 0 for lossless my CPU maxes out, I was running at "crf=10" , which is what that sample was recorded at.

I know you said you aren't set up to re-encode DRM'd videos at the moment but have you in the past? If so what program did you use and how was the end result?

hotan13

Sep 14, 2008
Bad thing is now playback with DMM Player is very laggy too, regardless of downloaded or streaming videos

hotan13

Sep 14, 2008
@javlovingman999 your pc is not bad. Its good enough to handle latest games pretty well. Mine pc is no POS too, but i have lag issues with dmm player due to silverlight -__-

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
The sample was encoded using crf=15, you can see it if you check the metadata for it.

Don't trust CPU usage, trust the result instead since there could be a lot of reason for it not being fully utilized that won't mean it can handle the task.
I'm not sure how demanding x264(what OBS is using) is when using it as lossless, which is why I recommended you find a software that can handle either of the 2 codec I mentioned.

I never personally re-encoded DRMed videos, but I did set it up for someone else. The result wasn't great though since he didn't care much about quality and used one of the software that re-encodes it directly.
I did record video games footage in the past though which is the same principle as this, but FRAPS was the only decent option back then and I was using a simpler version of my re-encoding script to re-encode it using x264 and aac. The end result is pretty good in that case since you have a lot more control over what you're doing and can take your time when doing the second encode.

The lag with the DMM player could be due to your graphic card not being good enough or something like that, not sure if silverlight is CPU only for playback or if it mainly use the GPU. That would be a thing to check first though since if you can't play it back properly, the recording won't be good.

hotan13

Sep 14, 2008
The sample was encoded using crf=15, you can see it if you check the metadata for it.

Don't trust CPU usage, trust the result instead since there could be a lot of reason for it not being fully utilized that won't mean it can handle the task.
I'm not sure how demanding x264(what OBS is using) is when using it as lossless, which is why I recommended you find a software that can handle either of the 2 codec I mentioned.

I never personally re-encoded DRMed videos, but I did set it up for someone else. The result wasn't great though since he didn't care much about quality and used one of the software that re-encodes it directly.
I did record video games footage in the past though which is the same principle as this, but FRAPS was the only decent option back then and I was using a simpler version of my re-encoding script to re-encode it using x264 and aac. The end result is pretty good in that case since you have a lot more control over what you're doing and can take your time when doing the second encode.

The lag with the DMM player could be due to your graphic card not being good enough or something like that, not sure if silverlight is CPU only for playback or if it mainly use the GPU. That would be a thing to check first though since if you can't play it back properly, the recording won't be good.
I playback 1080p WMV videos with WMP smoothly. But play the SAME vids with DMM player will be damn laggy. Guess is not graphics card problem. Besides 1080p movies dun need so high end GPU in the first place.

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
@SamKook - DMM Player never has any of the lag problems I see in the recordings, when they video is playing it is completely smooth with no screen tears, maybe I will try using FRAPS since I have the Full Version, does FRAPS support either of the codecs you mentioned? The whole reason I switched from FRAPS to OBS was FRAPS used way more CPU so I may just end up in the same situation.

And you were right I went back and checked my settings it was indeed crf=15. How did it look though in your opinion?

Yeah I will run CPU-Z and GPU-Z to see what the DMM Player is utilizing more of, good idea.

@hotan13 , yeah its pretty good when it comes to just gaming, but with no hyper threading on my CPU video editing and encoding isn't the best on this rig.

Last edited:

hotan13

Sep 14, 2008
DMM Player never has any of the lag problems I see in the recordings, when they video is playing it is completely smooth with no screen tears, maybe I will try using FRAPS since I have the Full Version, does FRAPS support either of the codecs you mentioned? The whole reason I switched from FRAPS to OBS was FRAPS used way more CPU so I may just end up in the same situation.

And you were right I went back and checked my settings it was indeed crf=15. How did it look though in your opinion?

Yeah I will run CPU-Z and GPU-Z to see what the DMM Player is utilizing more of, good idea.

@hotan13 , yeah its pretty good when it comes to just gaming, but with no hyper threading on my CPU video editing and encoding isn't the best on this rig.
Even so there's no reason why DMM player should lag with your rig. if 1080p wmv plays smooth on wmp, it should be good enough for 1080p movies in general. DMM Player or Silverlight in general is just too poorly made. No point getting a ultra super powerful rig just to watch 1080p DMM Player vids with no lag IMO

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
Even so there's no reason why DMM player should lag with your rig. if 1080p wmv plays smooth on wmp, it should be good enough for 1080p movies in general. DMM Player or Silverlight in general is just too poorly made. No point getting a ultra super powerful rig just to watch 1080p DMM Player vids with no lag IMO

Think your misunderstanding me, DMM Player / 1080p and even 4k video playe no problem on my rig, it's just when I try and re-record videos with DRM on them from R18 I get weird lag in the recording only, Not when just viewing it myself. I agree about the RPlayer and Silverlight sucking and being poorly made though, wish they let you use WMP or RPlayer -.-

hotan13

Sep 14, 2008
Think your misunderstanding me, DMM Player / 1080p and even 4k video playe no problem on my rig, it's just when I try and re-record videos with DRM on them from R18 I get weird lag in the recording only, Not when just viewing it myself. I agree about the RPlayer and Silverlight sucking and being poorly made though, wish they let you use WMP or RPlayer -.-
Oh i see. Yea silverlight is shit. I have an r9 280 and 8gb ram and it lags with DMM Player. It should be more than enough for 1080p videos since i can view them smooth with other media players.

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
@SamKook , so is it possible to get good HD output from TuneBite, Audials etc that I mentioned before? Would I just need to crank the bitrate way up or do you not have any experience with it really?

Also I tried FRAPS as a last ditch effort and it was actually a really good looking end result, I recorded and then re encoded in CyberLink Power Director 12 , what you think?

https://mega.co.nz/#!6MAHCQzK!Dq8YMGikoSi4UOkQTQzWwZXAGLH2rE-dYYNMo-BWqeE

Last edited:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
@SamKook - DMM Player never has any of the lag problems I see in the recordings, when they video is playing it is completely smooth with no screen tears, maybe I will try using FRAPS since I have the Full Version, does FRAPS support either of the codecs you mentioned?
It uses it's own proprietary codec, so no it doesn't. I don't know if there are screen recording software that uses those two, I've only used them with a video capture card or as a temporary encode step to speed things up.

I'm not a big fan of the quality of those digital ddl files, but it looked comparable to the other rips out there.

@SamKook , so is it possible to get good HD output from TuneBite, Audials etc that I mentioned before? Would I just need to crank the bitrate way up or do you not have any experience with it really?
In theory it should be possible to achieve good quality with audials software since it allows to enter custom parameters, but I never figured out how to actually do it. It needs to be written a certain way and I never found any documentation on it and everything I tried failed. You'd have the same problem as with OBS though since it also needs to encode in real time.

Also I tried FRAPS as a last ditch effort and it was actually a really good looking end result, I recorded and then re encoded in CyberLink Power Director 12 , what you think?
The quality isn't as good as your other sample, but that's because you used wmv9 as your codec. You want to avoid using the wmv container if you can(and you can since you're forced to re-encode it) since it's the worst supported on by most players. The motion is fluid so that's good, it means FRAPS has all the CPU power it needs for the task.

Also, you can avoid seeing the navigation bar in the recording(in case you didn't know how) if you go in fullscreen, wait for it to disappear, press ctrl+s to stop the video and then ctrl+p to play it. It should start from the beginning without showing the navigation bar at all.

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
It uses it's own proprietary codec, so no it doesn't. I don't know if there are screen recording software that uses those two, I've only used them with a video capture card or as a temporary encode step to speed things up.

I'm not a big fan of the quality of those digital ddl files, but it looked comparable to the other rips out there.

In theory it should be possible to achieve good quality with audials software since it allows to enter custom parameters, but I never figured out how to actually do it. It needs to be written a certain way and I never found any documentation on it and everything I tried failed. You'd have the same problem as with OBS though since it also needs to encode in real time.

The quality isn't as good as your other sample, but that's because you used wmv9 as your codec. You want to avoid using the wmv container if you can(and you can since you're forced to re-encode it) since it's the worst supported on by most players. The motion is fluid so that's good, it means FRAPS has all the CPU power it needs for the task.

Also, you can avoid seeing the navigation bar in the recording(in case you didn't know how) if you go in fullscreen, wait for it to disappear, press ctrl+s to stop the video and then ctrl+p to play it. It should start from the beginning without showing the navigation bar at all.

Well that's good and bad to hear about the OBS recordings, good since they are of similar quality to stuff uploaded but bad since I can't get rid of the screen tears fully.

What do you think about h.264 or MKV as containers? I agree WMV isn't the greatest I just used the pre set option to get an idea of what the quality to file size would be like, hoping I can get similar quality compared to the OBS recording on FRAPS since there seems to be 0 screen tearing in those recordings.

Also cool thanks for the tip on the progress bar, was just doing samples do didn't really care if it was there for these clips, I didn't know the ctrl+s / ctrl+p thing though and will make use of that, thanks :)

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Was there supposed to be any tearing in the first sample because I don't see any. It's choppy as hell though.

h.264 is definitely what you want and mkv or mp4 as a container will do the trick for your needs. You'll be able to get a much lower file size than with the OBS recording and get about the same quality if not a little better since you can take your time and use slow settings. The slower the setting when you use CRF, the smaller the file will be at roughly the same quality(except for placebo, don't use that). You can also pick a higher CRF value, you won't notice much difference when you go lower than 18.

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
Was there supposed to be any tearing in the first sample because I don't see any. It's choppy as hell though.

h.264 is definitely what you want and mkv or mp4 as a container will do the trick for your needs. You'll be able to get a much lower file size than with the OBS recording and get about the same quality if not a little better since you can take your time and use slow settings. The slower the setting when you use CRF, the smaller the file will be at roughly the same quality(except for placebo, don't use that). You can also pick a higher CRF value, you won't notice much difference when you go lower than 18.

The very first sample in my original post all the way at the top? I'm pretty sure it had a tiny bit of tearing but I can't really remember I have been making so many samples with so many different settings >.<

Alright I will try a re-encode in h.264 and upload that, but what do you mean "slower settings" , the "x264 CPU Preset" in the Advanced tab (drop down menu) in OBS? Cause it says the slower you set this the more CPU intensive it is =/

Will try at a higher CRF18 though, I have been trying to optimize it for CRF=10 to no avail, thanks. Also are you saying I will get slightly higher quality from OBS or FRAPS?