Does anyone know how to Remove DRM protection?

coffeenet

Feb 7, 2009
I searched the net, and found many tools(FreeMe2, FreeUse4WM) but none of them worked. My WMP version is 11.0.6001.7008, and is IBX Version is 11.0.6001.8000.
Installing a Virtual Machine is not an option for me.
Does anyone know how to remove DRM protection from WMV files?

I forgot to mention that I have a valid licence for running the WMV file in question.

xater

Bibitur Semper
Jun 5, 2007
I once used a program to remove it from from some sokmilk (or something like that) previews which were protected, I think it is Daniusoft Media Converter Pro

Happosai

うどん! ( ˘▽˘)っ♨
Feb 22, 2007
I used Tunebite Platinum to remove DRM from WMV files a few times.

It works fine, but you need a rather powerfull PC to use it, as it re-encodes the video (to WMV,XviD or MPEG4) in realtime.

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
Just use a player that doesn't care about Digital Rights Management Protection. DRM only works because Windows Media Player and others "make it" work. I'm pretty sure there are some black market players out there that can bypass the technology.

Happosai

うどん! ( ˘▽˘)っ♨
Feb 22, 2007
^ huuu... no.

seesawman

Oct 25, 2009
if you have a licence and can play the video another alternative is to use wm capture.it captures in windows media9 or mpeg2.the quality is excellent.captures both video and sound.most drm licences expire after time.

yuiseto

Dec 25, 2009
I searched the net, and found many tools(FreeMe2, FreeUse4WM) but none of them worked. My WMP version is 11.0.6001.7008, and is IBX Version is 11.0.6001.8000.
Installing a Virtual Machine is not an option for me.
Does anyone know how to remove DRM protection from WMV files?

I forgot to mention that I have a valid licence for running the WMV file in question.

Tunebite Platinum is good one, but, the IMPORTANT thing that you MUST have license first, it means you must have "token"...or something like that, when you buy the token to play the movie for first time, the Window media player will ask for it, you enter you token under form "user name" " password" then it open the media file that protected by DRM.
When you have token, using Tunebite to open and delete that ****ing DRM out of your file and start sharing.
Without token, you CAN NOT crack DRM.

Jul 1, 2009
The secret ACTA treaty will attempt to make what you are doing illegal in many, or even most, countries.

I assume this is a file you purchased somewhere? Please do not support the DRM farce. It is punishment aimed at paying customers.