How to remove DRM?

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
Hi I have some stuff I would like to share that I bought from R18.com.

How can I remove DRM so other people can watch?

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
You can try Aimersoft. There is a torrent posted at TPB or you can look elsewhere to try. Never bothered to try it, never needed it but others have so I suggest it. You might have to look around to find the right tool although it is possible a better answer may grace this thread.

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
You can try Aimersoft. There is a torrent posted at TPB or you can look elsewhere to try. Never bothered to try it, never needed it but others have so I suggest it. You might have to look around to find the right tool although it is possible a better answer may grace this thread.

Sadly I have already tried aimersoft :( The end products video quality was very good but t he FPS was very choppy.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Reactions: Ceewan

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
lol! I actually replied in that thread....said the same damn thing too! Good looking out SamKook!

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
I'd suggest you read the following thread: http://www.akiba-online.com/threads/lossy-undrm-software-recommendations.1272497/
It should contain the answers you seek.

Yeah I read that thread before posting actually and like the first dude said the quality of the video was horrible.. I tried the "HD" video profiles, 1920x1080, 6000kbps bitrate and it still came out looking like garbage.

Anyone know how to get the video quality up? Re reading through that thread now though, maybe I missed something last night.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
If you get choppy playback, that means your computer isn't fast enough to handle a higher quality setting so the only other way would be to do it losslessly using the method mentioned in the other thread if you're willing to share your account information.

javlovingman999

Bukkake Connoisseur
Jan 24, 2014
If you get choppy playback, that means your computer isn't fast enough to handle a higher quality setting so the only other way would be to do it losslessly using the method mentioned in the other thread if you're willing to share your account information.

running an i5 2500k, 8GB 1600MHz RAM and an r9 290x, don't think my PC is too weak by any standards.

Mar 28, 2008
Just go to this blog http://maxjav.com/

Email the Admin on how you can share your videos and he will guide you through steps on removing information from your DMM or R18 account and then he will go into and remove the DRM from all your videos for free.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
running an i5 2500k, 8GB 1600MHz RAM and an r9 290x, don't think my PC is too weak by any standards.

For encoding, yes, it's a little weak. I'm personally using an i7-2600k overclocked at 4.7GHz with 16GB of RAM(8 would be enough for 1 video at a time) and I can barely re-encode a 1080p video in realtime(which is required for DRM ripping). The settings I use are a bit more demanding than the ones from those softwares but still, they are pretty demanding and the i5 doesn't have hyperthreading which almost double the encoding speed.

Reactions: Ceewan

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Correction, the i5s' do have hyperthreading it is just not as powerful as an i7.

The quick explanation is that all Core i7 CPUs use Hyper-Threading, so a six-core CPU can handle 12 streams, a four-core can handle eight streams, and a dual-core can handle four streams. Core i5 uses Hyper-Threading to make a dual-core CPU act like a four-core one, but if you have a Core i5 processor with four true cores, it won't have Hyper-Threading. For the time being, Core i5 tops out at handling four streams, using four real cores or two cores with Hyper-Threading.

Encoding uses a lot of CPU power though and one of the reasons I chose an i5-4690k at 3.5 GHz standard speed with 8GB of RAM was because I wouldn't be doing any high end processing and for the price it was a much better buy than the i7 and it still would handle most anything I would ask of it. If one plans on doing a lot of encoding I have to agree though, updating to a more powerful processor like an i7 sure would be a good idea.

(The r290 is a great series as well but I settled for a r270 series because I was price conscious)

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Correction, the i5s' do have hyperthreading it is just not as powerful as an i7.

Looks like you're partially right, there's a handful of them that do support hyperthreading, but it's not the popular ones and neither the i5-2500k nor the i5-4690k support it(according to intel website).

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Well...., like the quote said (from PC Mag by-the-by), the i5 series can only handle 4-cores so only dual cores have hyprethreading. The i5-4690k and i5-2500k are Quad-Cores. Still very powerful but they are not in the same class as 4th gen i7s.