Firefox or Internet explorer?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

your internet browser?

• Mozilla firefox, FTW!

Votes: 178 73.9%
  • Internet explorer, a golden classic

Votes: 24 10.0%
  • other, [insert witty remark fail]

Votes: 39 16.2%

• Total voters

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I sometimes use firefox, and google works fine for me

RyuKaze

龍風
Jun 22, 2010
For me it depends on what I am doing.

For buying things, research, business - IE.
For general browsing, forums, downloads - Firefox.

The way I see it is when I am operating under my 'sensible business' persona, I use the Microsoft offering; and for when I revert to a 'normal person', I want the livelier Mozilla browser. The other advantage of using two browsers, is that you can run both side-by-side without having to reorder the tabs to accommodate what you are doing at the specific moment - Also with 2 monitors, it works so well.

I have tried most browsers which have been released; I used Opera for a while, but in the end I decided upon IE and FF - No surprise as I see these as the two best general browsers available.

ThatOtherPerson

Jul 15, 2010
I use Firefox. I don't remember I started using it but there is no way I'm going back to IE now. I would go crazy without all the wonderful firefox addons like add-blocker and webmail notifier.

Jul 1, 2009
I've actually switched to using Opera exclusively since 10.60 came out. It looks slick and is quite a bit faster than Firefox subjectively. :yahoo:

first kiss

Jul 29, 2010
i use ff, since ie is made for the spying makers, not for the security of users

abahcizzy

Nov 15, 2008
use chrome.. now chrome is faster, unlike firefox which is getting slow..kekekeke

IE8 SUXK!!!!!!

becca

ベッカ
Mar 7, 2009
I use Foxywoxy, but SeaMonkey is better these days. Please don't 'fix' it and dump Java!

Reptiloid

Loli Worshipper
Mar 12, 2008
Hmm, why is IE listed? It's common knowledge that Internet Explorer is not an actual browser, it's a single-use tool for the sole purpose of downloading FireFox on a new or formatted computer. :joker:

Milligram

Oct 2, 2007
I use Chrome, changed about a year ago after having used Firefox for a long time. Chrome is faster, slicker and uses less of the screen for the menu & toolbars. The add-ons are easier to install and uninstall, program updates are seamlessly installed, I could go on forever... it´s basically what Firefox used to be.