DRINK!

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
no, im not a father ted fan but i have been enjoying drinking rum recently and want to know what you are drinking.

since i started buying rum i have tried (not counting bicardi):
havana club 7 year, ron anejo pampero aniversario, negrita rhum bardinet, rum malecon 12 year, dillon tres vieux rhum martinique.

they have all been good and likely outdone each other although i just opened the last one this evening after finishing the last of the rum malecon (which i particularly liked) so another drink tomorrow will give me a getter idea. unfortunately cuban and jamaican rum (other than meyers and coruba types) are scarce where i am and the local stopped stocking the havana club 7 year (good rum) recently. thus far the rum malecon has been the most drinkable (clear but with sloppy mouth) and the havana club 7 year had the best cost performance at 2000 yen a bottle. the others were incrementally more expensive, but not by much, and the dillon was about 3500 yen.

The Prisoner

Number Six
Mar 3, 2008
I don't drink alcohol anymore. Always been more of an herb guy anyway. :dizzy:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I usually drink rum and coke...doesn't much matter what rum anymore, (have you tried Ron Rico?). If I was to keep a bottle at the house it would probably be Bacardi. I do enjoy a good bourbon, Wild Turkey 101 is great but you cant beat any Kentucky bourbon, the more aged the better. Nothing wrong with a blended whiskey now and then but if you want a treat try Drambuie.

I almost forgot to mention sake. I love sake but dont drink it much, I need a designated driver to drink sake. I always get too smashed because it goes down so smooth.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
I like beer. When it comes to regular beer I usually drink Coors. As for liquor store beer I usually try different beers, some of the liquor stores in my town have a pick 6 for 8.75 and there is all kinds of foreign, premium domestic and microbrew beers to try.

I have been trying white wine lately, mostly because I cook with it every now and then.But I only find it tolerable. And since I sometimes cook with Sake I sometimes try it, but I just can't seem to like drinking it straight.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I like beer. When it comes to regular beer I usually drink Coors.

Coors was a great beer. You should have tried it before they went national, (in the 1980s').

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
i bought a bottle of bacardi (the regular clear one) at the end of last year for the first time in years and was horrified at how acrid it was. i fear ron rico is likely in the same class as bacardi. a friend said the 7 year is ok though.

some beers i like are kronenbourg 1664, hoegaarden, coopers pale ale, asahi super dry, suntory malts, grolsch, hefeweizen and duvel to name a few.

i have never drunk bourbon (except jim beam) or whiskey and have been tempted to try something but dont want to be stuck with a bottle of something i dont like.

im not really a sake fan, probably because ive never had anything half decent.

do want to try drambuie though.