Discussion about DMM website

Kurbster

Jun 14, 2007
It was obvious it wasn't going to last very long like this. Everyone who only purchased 7 day rentals and ripped the streams must be feeling vindicated right now

The industry is probably going to just turtle back into Japan while riding out this wave of western corporate wokeism. They can't completely shut out overseas customers, so just learn how to buy DMM gift cards off Amazon JP

Reactions: Casshern2

sexyboyxxxx

Mar 30, 2015
It works great. I have downloaded most of my videos. Get the download.bat from the help file to make the command box easier to navigate.
I have used it and can confirm that it works pretty well. I'm still downloading my R18 collection using this tool. The only downside is files are in .ts format, which does not play smoothly using conventional players like VLC or WMP

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I have used it and can confirm that it works pretty well. I'm still downloading my R18 collection using this tool. The only downside is files are in .ts format, which does not play smoothly using conventional players like VLC or WMP
Install FFMPEG and MKVToolnix and you can create a batch file to demux the TS and then remux to MKV. Or demux the TS and use something else to mux back into MP4 if you prefer.

Reactions: sexyboyxxxx

Fondle

Sep 20, 2022
I haven't had issues with VLC player. You could convert the file using ffmpeg or Avidemux.

Reactions: sexyboyxxxx

Lodestar

Nov 4, 2017
On DMM are you able to purchase channel subscriptions with points? There were months where I had more downtime/alone time and I'd purchase a subscription and go through some of that older vintage JAV they republished.

I am wondering if I have now lost that option and if I'll have to drop $5 per video or something.

javr

Dec 3, 2009
On DMM are you able to purchase channel subscriptions with points? There were months where I had more downtime/alone time and I'd purchase a subscription and go through some of that older vintage JAV they republished.

I am wondering if I have now lost that option and if I'll have to drop $5 per video or something.
In short, yes, there are channels you can subscribe to monthly for unlimited views. Not sure if there's a R18's "prime channel" equivalence.
I don't use R18, mainly use DMM for gravure idols stuffs.

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 21-33-31 Monthly Adult Video - FANZA Monthly Video.pngScreenshot 2022-09-27 at 21-34-56 Monthly Adult Video - FANZA Monthly Video.jpg

Hamger

Apr 25, 2012
Well for now on if I buy anything from dmm site im going to use jav-it and download it right away. Is there any other sites like dmm but not DRM protected?

jbjr

Nov 9, 2014
these drm removal methods work for rental streams too? the jav-it site mentions downloading and decrypting streams but i wanted to make sure.

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
Hey guys - I wanted to ask this but didn't want to open a new thread for it, so since the discussion has included this point already, does anyone know any method to download DMM videos that you've purchased? I know it is possible, but have not found how yet. I tried the method suggested here for R18, but that doesn't work for DMM it seems - well, at least I get an error.

Code:
ERROR: ffmpeg exited with code 1
'luid' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

The download starts, but then that error happens. Again, the above is while trying DMM, not R18. Thanks.

Reactions: RestHope

dj-pajacex

Feb 11, 2022
Hey guys - I wanted to ask this but didn't want to open a new thread for it, so since the discussion has included this point already, does anyone know any method to download DMM videos that you've purchased? I know it is possible, but have not found how yet. I tried the method suggested here for R18, but that doesn't work for DMM it seems - well, at least I get an error.

Code:
ERROR: ffmpeg exited with code 1
'luid' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

The download starts, but then that error happens. Again, the above is while trying DMM, not R18. Thanks.
I didn't try javit but if you want you can read my post about this:
It works for both r18 and dmm and is free and open-source

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
@dj-pajacex I noticed one issue actually, maybe you are able to help? I noticed that videos purchased from the Fanza storefront download fine, but with videos purchased from actual DMM, I get an error; not sure if it's the same with other people. The error is a 404 it seems:

Code:
Warning: file_get_contents(http://str.dmm.com/digital/st1://-/playlist.m3u8?ld=&luid=cojp): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
 in \DMM-downloader\dmm_downloader.php on line 63

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.dmm.co.jp/service/-/drm_iphone?ld=&luid=cojp): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
 in \DMM-downloader\dmm_downloader.php on line 76

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in \DMM-downloader\dmm_downloader.php on line 80

ERROR! Check your network connection and try again!

It errored with all videos available from DMM storefront only, but worked fine with videos from Fanza. I don't know why DMM separates stuff like that.

Thanks!

Last edited:

IdeNali

Jul 27, 2016

Yes, you can download from DMM with the open source cli tool https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp and the browser extension "Get cookies.txt"

Requirements:​

Step-By-Step:​

1. Go to DMM and log in
  2. Open the video you want to download in the HTML 5 player from DMM
  3. Use the browser extension "Get cookies.txt" in this window to get a Netscape formatted cookie file
  4. Extract the playlist.m3u8 via browser developer tools (F12 - Network Tab)
  5. Enter the following command in your console
yt-dlp --cookies <PATH-TO-COOKIE> <INSERT_URL_TO_VIDEO_HERE>

Errors:​

Sometime it doesn't work and errors out with a
ERROR: unable to download video data: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
but I have not found why it does that. Usually it helps to keep the HTML 5 player open and just try again...

hi-im-bob

Sep 9, 2019

You can back up all your R18 videos​

Step 1. Download browser extension "Video DownloadHelper"
Step 2. Set video to HD
Step 3. Open extension and scroll down to the last "R18.com video player"

View attachment 3044472

Step 4. Copy URL
View attachment 3044473

5. Download two programs called YoutubeDL and FFMPEG
YouTubeDL tutorial
FFMPEG tutorial

6. Once you got both of these set up, paste the copied url in to command prompt with shift + insert
View attachment 3044474

7. Once you hit enter, the video will be downloaded to the directory your YouTubeDL is installed in

This is so fucking awful. There's not gonna be a recovery where you have one site with hundreds of studios. Damn, man. think about how much will be lost.

JAVbros...we got too cocky
I've used this same Firefox browser extension to backup all my purchases 4 months ago. The only problem is that the mp4 stream has streaming variable frame rate of 7.442 Minimum FPS to 93.458 Maximum FPS resulting in a very choppy playback on VLC or Classic Media Player. It will also display as 1912X1088 streaming width instead of the original 1920X1080. I fixed this problem by opening the video stream in VideoRedo and used the "Quickstream Fix" tool resaving it either to mp4 or mkv. It'll do a fast frame exact copy with the original Constant Frame Rate of 29.970 and the original width of 1920X1080. Same original 6Mbps Bit rate.

C6969

May 19, 2009
Further issues with the R18 shutdown... I assume there's no way to strip DRM from movies downloaded from R18, in the case where the movie has been discontinued? I've been downloading my R18 library, but so far I've encountered one video (so far) which has been discontinued and is no longer for sale - the download is still available (to download the DRM'd file to use with RPlayer) but there is no link to a stream of the video to use either YouTubeDL or JAV-IT. Are these videos just gone for good?

Lodestar

Nov 4, 2017
Further issues with the R18 shutdown... I assume there's no way to strip DRM from movies downloaded from R18, in the case where the movie has been discontinued? I've been downloading my R18 library, but so far I've encountered one video (so far) which has been discontinued and is no longer for sale - the download is still available (to download the DRM'd file to use with RPlayer) but there is no link to a stream of the video to use either YouTubeDL or JAV-IT. Are these videos just gone for good?
I would download the file available given the shut down and the chance that some people might be interested in breaking the video file encryption. Search online every few months using the file type name and "crack" or "decrypt" or "encryption" some sort of variation like that. Maybe a few months or years down the road you will come across something.

Reactions: AceRothstein

vancofan

Jul 2, 2009
Out of curiosity, what code is the video?