Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Saren

Sep 8, 2011
I can't speak for R18 of course, but VR titles on their Japanese site DMM are only accessible through the various apps for mobile devices, PS4, etc.. So it works differently to regular videos.

Assuming R18 adopts a similar system, the matter of whether DRM is used or not is a bit of a moot point, because you would still have to view the videos through the apps anyway.

The only case where it would matter, is if, for example, R18 provided the ability to download VR videos direct from the website. That would be nice, of course, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

Figured it never hurts to ask, I'm a hoarder at heart XD. I just like to have the ability to watch them anywhere regardless of internet connection. While I'm not a stranger to DRM locked content as I use Steam and Amazon video/music/ebook content, they still allow you to download and then access while not online.

ldjb

ゴローさんの一番ファン
Jan 5, 2016
Figured it never hurts to ask, I'm a hoarder at heart XD. I just like to have the ability to watch them anywhere regardless of internet connection. While I'm not a stranger to DRM locked content as I use Steam and Amazon video/music/ebook content, they still allow you to download and then access while not online.
Oh sure, the apps do allow you to download the videos for offline viewing (streaming isn't the only option), even though they are DRM protected. I'd expect at least that much would be possible if R18 started offering VR.

likeprivate

Jan 21, 2009
For PC, you can of course download the application to play the videos. There is also a DMM app for Android and iOS that I have used which can play purchased videos. So yeah, you can play the videos on a bunch of different devices.
What is that app called? I used to open r18 on my ipad (safari) and play my rented movies, but it was such as hassle. Pls may you give me the link to the app to able to play on Ipad? Ty

likeprivate

Jan 21, 2009
Dear R18, I used to play rented on Ipad using Safari or Chrome. However, I cant do this anymore these days. When I choose a movie in my library, press play button, it will move to a black background screen with a play button in the middle. Normally, when i pressed that button, the movie will played. But now when i press, it does nothing. What seem to be a problem? I am on Ios version 10.0.2. Thank you if you can help me on this

ldjb

ゴローさんの一番ファン
Jan 5, 2016
What is that app called? I used to open r18 on my ipad (safari) and play my rented movies, but it was such as hassle. Pls may you give me the link to the app to able to play on Ipad? Ty
The DMM Movie Player app for iOS can be found at:
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/dmm-dong-huapureiya/id663294738
Note, however, that you can only use it to view purchases made on DMM.com and DMM.co.jp, not R18.com.
(Also, you might need a Japanese iTunes account.)

stalker9076

Mar 8, 2015
R18,

I notice DMM/R18 is removing files from their collection almost on a daily basis. I understand some are request from the actor themselves but then today I notice quite a number of ROOKIE titles disappeared from your site at the same time. May I know what's the reason behind this?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
R18,

I notice DMM/R18 is removing files from their collection almost on a daily basis. I understand some are request from the actor themselves but then today I notice quite a number of ROOKIE titles disappeared from your site at the same time. May I know what's the reason behind this?
Wow! Can you give some examples! That's very interesting, I would wonder the reason as well!

stalker9076

Mar 8, 2015
Wow! Can you give some examples! That's very interesting, I would wonder the reason as well!

rbb-044, rbb-051, rbb-070, rbb-072 etc

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
Dear R18, I used to play rented on Ipad using Safari or Chrome. However, I cant do this anymore these days. When I choose a movie in my library, press play button, it will move to a black background screen with a play button in the middle. Normally, when i pressed that button, the movie will played. But now when i press, it does nothing. What seem to be a problem? I am on Ios version 10.0.2. Thank you if you can help me on this

Did you see the banner when you try to play a movie that indicates that you need "Secure Player" app to play the movie? iOS devices requires to install this app to stream movies.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
R18,

Sorry, but I cannot talk about a reason for a specific Studio or movie but there has been some law enforcement in the Japanese adult industry recently .
I did not find this news in English but here are the news about stricter rules and content removal law: https://mainichi.jp/articles/20171005/k00/00m/040/096000c

Again, DMM/R18.com just remove content when it is requested by the Studios or the movie/studios has some legal issue.

Reactions: Casshern2

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
Dear R18,

I've been purchased some movies but it faild and why my CC get cut like $3 ? pls give me an answer

Sorry, I couldn't understand your question...
Are you having issues purchasing the movies or playing the movies?
What are this $3?

If you are having issues with the payment please send me a private with your email registered in R18.com so we can investigate about the cause.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Can I know why ABF-068 was deleted from r18.com?
Sorry, but I cannot talk about a reason for a specific Studio or movie but there has been some law enforcement in the Japanese adult industry recently .
I did not find this news in English but here are the news about stricter rules and content removal law: https://mainichi.jp/articles/20171005/k00/00m/040/096000c

Again, DMM/R18.com just remove content when it is requested by the Studios or the movie/studios has some legal issue.

abadguy87

Mar 8, 2015
I don't get it, then why is it still sold on several (japanese) stores like duga? it's not like the studio's works were banned.

jav-watcher

May 6, 2014
I've been unable to add any more things to my R18.com wish list since a couple of days ago. I am browsing on an iPad and I can not see the little star that usually appears on the right underneath the cover and screenshot images.

Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me?

My wish list is currently 14 pages long, maybe I've hit a limit or something?

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
I've been unable to add any more things to my R18.com wish list since a couple of days ago. I am browsing on an iPad and I can not see the little star that usually appears on the right underneath the cover and screenshot images.

Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me?

My wish list is currently 14 pages long, maybe I've hit a limit or something?

Sorry, This was a bug introduced two days ago. It has been fixed now. Thank you for reporting the issue!
We really appreciate all the feedbacks! :)

Reactions: jav-watcher

EroMura777

Apr 5, 2015
I have to say that DMM Points are super-convenient. I bought some through Paypal, so I don't have to give my CC number to R18.com + I can use the money in my account