Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Svarttroll

Mar 11, 2013
Dear r18.com,

Just as ether202 says, having VR content from DMM would be great! Are there any plans for having that content on r18, too?

Best regards

Reactions: Motiman

dt76

May 25, 2014
Hi guys!

I see DMM.com is running 50% off promotion for a variety of IV videos, interested in buying about 5-6 of them especially Fumina's http://www.dmm.com/digital/idol/-/detail/=/cid=5294sbvd00347/?i3_ref=list&i3_ord=43

I tried purchasing the HD Download + Stream but because I'm not from Japan I can't buy it which is unfortunate..

1) Is there an easier way to buy these IVs or I need to go with the getting vpn, buying dmm points etc which I feel is quite a hassle. Is it okay if someone can help me buy it and send it to me, I don't mind paying a fee for this service, hope this isn't illegal.. this would really help a lot of us..

2) Are these HD Download videos from DMM really high quality ones or it won't be as good as the actual DVD/Blu-ray hard copy versions?

Thanks!

ldjb

ゴローさんの一番ファン
Jan 5, 2016
Hi guys!

I see DMM.com is running 50% off promotion for a variety of IV videos, interested in buying about 5-6 of them especially Fumina's http://www.dmm.com/digital/idol/-/detail/=/cid=5294sbvd00347/?i3_ref=list&i3_ord=43

I tried purchasing the HD Download + Stream but because I'm not from Japan I can't buy it which is unfortunate..

1) Is there an easier way to buy these IVs or I need to go with the getting vpn, buying dmm points etc which I feel is quite a hassle. Is it okay if someone can help me buy it and send it to me, I don't mind paying a fee for this service, hope this isn't illegal.. this would really help a lot of us..

2) Are these HD Download videos from DMM really high quality ones or it won't be as good as the actual DVD/Blu-ray hard copy versions?

Thanks!
Hi!

Yes, videos from DMM.com are (as far as I can tell) only available for purchase by people accessing the website from Japan.

To answer your second question: You can view the quality options by clicking on one of the device icons under the「対応デバイス(クリックで詳細表示)」heading on the right hand side of the page.
For the video you linked to, the highest quality available is 6000kbps. Thus, the perceived quality would not be as good as Blu-ray, but certainly better than DVD. Honestly, DMM's quality is perfectly fine by my standards.

Reactions: Casshern2

dt76

May 25, 2014
Hi!

Yes, videos from DMM.com are (as far as I can tell) only available for purchase by people accessing the website from Japan.

To answer your second question: You can view the quality options by clicking on one of the device icons under the「対応デバイス(クリックで詳細表示)」heading on the right hand side of the page.
For the video you linked to, the highest quality available is 6000kbps. Thus, the perceived quality would not be as good as Blu-ray, but certainly better than DVD. Honestly, DMM's quality is perfectly fine by my standards.

Thanks for your reply!

Do you buy from DMM too? Is it possible for you to help me buy a few movies, they're having 50% off on selected idol videos, would be a shame to miss this deal..

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Dear r18.com,

Just as ether202 says, having VR content from DMM would be great! Are there any plans for having that content on r18, too?

Best regards

I would second this, if only it worked on PSVR. Only system i have, and i'm not sure how easy it would be to get it working on that, or any other VR content to be honest.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I would second this, if only it worked on PSVR. Only system i have, and i'm not sure how easy it would be to get it working on that, or any other VR content to be honest.
Is the PSVR display actual 3D? Or just immersive as in you can look around a 2D environment? I've downloaded PSVR files before and I can look around a bit like other VR titles but there was no 3D effect at least when viewed through my Gear VR.

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Is the PSVR display actual 3D? Or just immersive as in you can look around a 2D environment? I've downloaded PSVR files before and I can look around a bit like other VR titles but there was no 3D effect at least when viewed through my Gear VR.

Games are 3d, just not sure about video files especially ones that you would have to download off the net first. Never tried it tbh, and was just wondering if it was possible. I'm sure vive and oculus are much better as they are already hooked up to your PC (video files on ps4 have to be on a drive and in the correct format), plus the advanced technical aspects of those two put the PSVR at a disadvantage.

nicander

Sep 9, 2009
How can i resume download from r18.com?

My download speed only 400-500kbps so whenever i tried to download video that bigger than 5GB, it stopped probably because my session expired and i can't resume it only restart download again from beginning. Is there someway to resume the download?

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
How can i resume download from r18.com?

My download speed only 400-500kbps so whenever i tried to download video that bigger than 5GB, it stopped probably because my session expired and i can't resume it only restart download again from beginning. Is there someway to resume the download?

if the browser you use doesnt do that by default you need to install some software to manage your downloads

ken9000

Jan 3, 2010
Dear R18:

Do you carry KI Planning/Jewel studio under a different name? I see that you guys carry its sister's studio Toyohiko.

Thanks

ldjb

ゴローさんの一番ファン
Jan 5, 2016
Dear R18:

Do you carry KI Planning/Jewel studio under a different name? I see that you guys carry its sister's studio Toyohiko.

Thanks
If R18.com sold Jewel's videos, they'd appear here:
http://www.r18.com/videos/vod/movies/list/id=46165/type=studio/

But as you can see, there are no videos on that page. DMM.co.jp does sell Jewel's videos, but only to those purchasing from within Japan. It would appear they are not available outside Japan, and so they are not available from R18.com.

nicander

Sep 9, 2009
if the browser you use doesnt do that by default you need to install some software to manage your downloads

I don't use browser to download, i always use download manager and none of download managers i've used able to continue and resume the download.

ldjb

ゴローさんの一番ファン
Jan 5, 2016
I don't use browser to download, i always use download manager and none of download managers i've used able to continue and resume the download.
R18.com does support the resuming of downloads. However, it could be that, if you leave it long enough, the original URL you downloaded the video from may have expired.
In that case, you may need a download manager or other software that can resume a download from a different URL than was used originally. That way, you can generate a new download URL from the My Library page, and then give that to the download manager so it can resume the download.

I am not familiar with a GUI download manager that can do this, but it can be achieved with curl, for example by doing something like:
Code:
curl -C - -o "OUTPUT_FILE" "DOWNLOAD_URL"

marka66

Mar 27, 2016
There is a series on Art Sm by Randa Mai.I have collected all of them from R18
except ADV-R0087 which is missing.
Could you let me know if is just out of stock or will never be available ?

Saren

Sep 8, 2011
Hi R18, I saw that you are looking into having VR on the site. I was wondering if you do get VR would it be possible to not have the DRM and have it subscription based like western studios currently do? Perhaps have the non drm version for yearly subscribers or make a subscription where drm version is cheaper than non drm version. Regardless I'm looking forward to seeing JAVR video's from your site :).

ldjb

ゴローさんの一番ファン
Jan 5, 2016
Hi R18, I saw that you are looking into having VR on the site. I was wondering if you do get VR would it be possible to not have the DRM and have it subscription based like western studios currently do? Perhaps have the non drm version for yearly subscribers or make a subscription where drm version is cheaper than non drm version. Regardless I'm looking forward to seeing JAVR video's from your site :).
I can't speak for R18 of course, but VR titles on their Japanese site DMM are only accessible through the various apps for mobile devices, PS4, etc.. So it works differently to regular videos.

Assuming R18 adopts a similar system, the matter of whether DRM is used or not is a bit of a moot point, because you would still have to view the videos through the apps anyway.

The only case where it would matter, is if, for example, R18 provided the ability to download VR videos direct from the website. That would be nice, of course, but I'm not sure how likely that is.