Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

TheOnlyPad

Feb 7, 2017
Hi, Im Happy to hear it works now.

About the customer support. Did you check the reply in your contact history here?
https://www.r18.com/my/contact/

Ahh - I didn't realise that. I went to the page quoted and all four of my support requests had been answered. I had thought they would reply by email. Anyway - it's good information. They should really tell customers how they reply when support requests are submitted. I've seen lots of posts on different sites saying R18 never reply to support requests. This probably explains why.

Many thanks for your help. ;)

Reactions: R18.com

masterb

Jan 30, 2008
I am currently living in Japan for a month and I'm trying to buy some rare jav from DMM but my credit card isn't going through on the website. Does DMM except foreign credit cards or should I be contacting visa if there's something wrong on my end.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
Has anyone else tried the lite.r18.com site? If so did they have the same issue I have that when watching full screen the controls stay visible the entire time? Very annoying, other players hide the controls if you don't move your mouse for a few seconds.

TheOnlyPad

Feb 7, 2017
I purchased a couple of S-Cute vids from Nanairo. They are 720p with a bitrate of 4000 kbps. I've just noticed these vids are also available at R.18. I'm just wondering if the R.18 HD versions would be of higher quality i.e. 1080p with a bitrate of 6000 kbps - which is normal for any R18 HD vids I've downloaded.

Thanks for any information or advice.

EroMura777

Apr 5, 2015
I purchased a couple of S-Cute vids from Nanairo. They are 720p with a bitrate of 4000 kbps. I've just noticed these vids are also available at R.18. I'm just wondering if the R.18 HD versions would be of higher quality i.e. 1080p with a bitrate of 6000 kbps - which is normal for any R18 HD vids I've downloaded.

I think that this depends on the maker more than DMM/R18.

Reactions: Casshern2

TheOnlyPad

Feb 7, 2017
You can see the bitrate of any available movie, by clicking on the device you wish to use to stream/download it..

jj0JcfF.png

On the right hand side, you click the computer icon under Supported Devices and it will bring up this screen telling you the bitrates available as well as the file size.

Thanks ether202 - very helpful - I didn't know that. :cool:

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015

In R18.com movie page, please click in the PC icon uder the SUPPORTED DEVICES in the right menu. You will see the movie quality for each individual movie.

ldjb

ゴローさんの一番ファン
Jan 5, 2016
Has anyone else tried the lite.r18.com site? If so did they have the same issue I have that when watching full screen the controls stay visible the entire time? Very annoying, other players hide the controls if you don't move your mouse for a few seconds.
I've noticed that, too. Another annoying thing is that for multi-video films, it always starts on the last video, so you have to navigate back to the first video.

The Lite site is pretty cool on the whole, though. The selection is decent, and it's quite easy to just pick something and start watching without much hassle.

Joker6969

Sep 3, 2014
Did the search on r18.com change? I think a search with two words now gives results for a OR b rather than a AND b. Searching for "blk 307" gives 1731 results while it would previously have given one.

Also, if you have any influence at all over the software, please consider crowdsourcing tags, maybe with an upvote/downvote system. A lot of movies are missing actresses and categories could be more complete.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
I did notice you can now search for blk-307 and get the movie you want instead of having to use blk00307.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
Did the search on r18.com change? I think a search with two words now gives results for a OR b rather than a AND b. Searching for "blk 307" gives 1731 results while it would previously have given one.

Also, if you have any influence at all over the software, please consider crowdsourcing tags, maybe with an upvote/downvote system. A lot of movies are missing actresses and categories could be more complete.

Thank you very much for reporting this. This was actually a bug introduced recently and it is already fixed. Thank you

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
Thanks for the input.

Mana Sakura's first title was 5th December 2011, and all her work are on SOD Create. I'm pretty sure that SOD were well into HD at that time. Also they recently released a 5th anniversary compilation title. It features some of the early SD vids in HD. So they were shot in HD. Unfortunately, the scenes in the compilation are heavily edited which is a pity. :(

So the question still stands. Is there any point in even trying to make a request - my experience with R18 customer support is pretty poor. I've submitted a number of support questions on a title that wouldn't download and never received a single reply. :rolleyes:

As we mentioned before, some studios has the content in HD but do not want other distribution sites (DMM/R18) to sell it so they can keep the exclusivity to sell HD content only from their site. This is a marketing decision made by some Studios that DMM has no word on it.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015

Thank you for reporting this bug. We are working to fix it ASAP.