Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Mayael

Jan 6, 2017
I had this issue like a year ago, then it was fine and today it's back at being infuriating.

I'm not using any VPN now and wasn't before.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
I really, really hope they get their support reply-back times brought down to more appropriate levels. A week--days even--is ridiculously slow. A company that size should have someone always 'on call' for support emails.

Reactions: Casshern2

tommy18

Feb 5, 2011
Am having a hard time buying some videos, do they take debt cards or is just credit card only? can I use a prepaid card, am trying to buy it keeps getting saying use other card. what kind of prepaid card do you guys recommend?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
How profitable is r18.com?
Theoretically...somewhat, I would assume since the site is still up. Or they are in the whole and keep it up in the hopes of turning a profit. Or...we obviously don't know since we don't get to see their balance sheets. Basically, that's not an answer we will get.

Reactions: princeali692

princeali692

Jav is love... Jav is life...
Jun 29, 2012
Is there a way you can have every movie on r18 or dmm show up in the search results? Like searching "*" or something similar? I'd like to be able to pick a movie completely at random. If there is no way I think a random button would be a neat feature. It would help people find different interesting movies they otherwise would not know of.

Mayael

Jan 6, 2017
Well, it feels like beating the same dead horse (so I apologize for it) but I still can't purchase anything. I've tried all kinds of things and no cigar.

Let it be known I'm trying really hard to avoid putting on the ol' eyepatch and go raiding some ports here.

Reactions: Casshern2

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Well, it feels like beating the same dead horse (so I apologize for it) but I still can't purchase anything. I've tried all kinds of things and no cigar.

Let it be known I'm trying really hard to avoid putting on the ol' eyepatch and go raiding some ports here.
If you can't purchase still...and their support isn't responding to you...just make them walk the plank. At least you'll get what you want. Not your fault their site isn't working out for you.

diggerswap

Mar 13, 2007
Just made a new account on R18 cause there was a movie that I wanted to watch. So I added it to the basket, checked out and paid and now it says I have two items that I bought, one movie I never even heard of.
My cc got charged twice with the exact same amount, so these are some shady business practies here. Never gonna buy here again.

diggerswap

Mar 13, 2007
Thanks for your reply. Never seen a double charge like that. They are both still pending, so yeah, maybe it will change.
I did not know about the free movie, so that explains the movie I did not add to my basket I guess.
Luckily it isn't a large amount of cash.

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Was MIDE-070 the free movie? It was the one i got, and everybody else too i think. Personally, i've never had a problem buying from the website, and touch wood, hope that continues.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
Hello!

I can't acess to R18 since yesterday,
I have this page instead :

tumblr_ojcknf3Lcm1vzy0ewo1_1280.gif

and they say nothing about an eventual error on their twitter, and continue to put links and all that lead to R18...
Am I the only one in this case?

Where are you located at? Do you still have this problem?

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015

Could you please send me a private message with the email you are registered and the credit card brand you are using? I will investigate your issue.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
R18.com has released its child site https://lite.r18.com/

This is a monthly subscription site for only 540 JPY/month (~4.7USD) with 2000 movies getting renewed every month.
This site is all in HTML5 with no DRM so it does not need to install any additional player.

Many of you have been requesting to make the movies available in HTML5 so this is our first implementation of the HTML5 player. We hop to apply this to the main site R18.com in the next few months.

Reactions: Motiman

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
R18.com has released its child site https://lite.r18.com/

This is a monthly subscription site for only 540 JPY/month (~4.7USD) with 2000 movies getting renewed every month.
This site is all in HTML5 with no DRM so it does not need to install any additional player.

Many of you have been requesting to make the movies available in HTML5 so this is our first implementation of the HTML5 player. We hop to apply this to the main site R18.com in the next few months.

Interesting idea. Feels like a free site. Just interested to know how the movies are selected. The player works without any issues. No listed movie id's or search function which is a pain.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Looks pretty good. It seems like Lite's library is all DMM-owned studios with content that's a couple of years old. I think it's a solid idea and the price is pretty decent too.