Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
@R18.com - Not that I expect any clear answer but I have to ask - what's the reason YRH-059 was pulled? The only (now) missing movie from the Hunting Working Women series.

Thanks

This content is from PRESTIGE. This conent is not anymore in the official PRESTIGE site or MGS (offial streaming site from Prestige) so it means there is some illegal problem with the content.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
R18.com, I'm not usually one to raise the dead (threads) but I was once again considering trying the PPM thing. Can you say which studios would have PPM titles released at the same time as their VOD releases? Do some studios still do that? I'm just worried if I take the time and trouble (and money!) to prepare for using PPM that I'll have to wait months or more! to see parts of titles I'd like to see. :cool:

Thanks for your time!

Sorry, We do not offer PPM at R18.com so Im not aware or the release schedule for this service in Japan.

Reactions: Casshern2

stalker9076

Mar 8, 2015
DOC is part of Prestige so you can find the same content in R18.com and DMM.
Unfortunately the channel you are mentioned just has 876 tittles in Mgstage. We do not make so small channels (The only exception is Anime channel).

I see. Anyway, I already signed up with Mgstage for that channel & have to bear with their lousy player for a month, which heavy drop frame issue. R18 R Player Plus for Windows 8 and later is lot more better.

abadguy87

Mar 8, 2015
@R18.com

I'm often travelling around countries for work and I'm frequently stuck with the "account locked" error where it says I should reset my password to secure my account. Now is there any way to avoid it? Is it some kind of geo protection? How is that supposed to work? Once it happened when I was in another city of my same country under the hotel wifi, is it an ip problem?

Nephrinn

May 29, 2007
Just some observations after subscribing to a channel for the first time to R18.com:

1. Older videos roughly from 2002 to 2005 seem to be VHS rips. Terrible quality and EDITED video (VHS was 60 minutes length while the DVDs were 100 minutes or more). Take a look at Sora Aoi's or Maria Takagi's old videos.
2. I have compared some of the 480p DVD rips to my actual DVD copies and I think there are issues. Maria Ozawa's ONED-268 appears to be cropped down compared to the DVD and many of these videos seem to be overly saturated and too much contrast. I'll provide some comparison screenshots when I get the time.
3. Is there a way to save my username/password for the r18 player? It seems to ask me randomly on videos I download, I don't get it.

keys00

Nov 21, 2015
I'm having an issue with the Plus player where every now and then the video will stutter badly for a few seconds (looks like a complete drop in frame rate), but then ends up recovering by itself. I don't know what could be causing this, I've tried reinstalling the Player but the issue still exists.

alx1078

Oct 11, 2009
R18.com i registered in the website and tried to purchase a nikkatsu movie for download or streaming, however it always takes me to a page where it says "
■ ERROR
A line is crowded now.
Wait for a while, and please access it again."

Am i not able to buy from the site as an international user?

BR
Alex

ahimid

Oct 21, 2009
Does anyone know how to play streaming movie using R player plus???
because everytime I tried to play the movie there is error message,
is it true if you can't useVPN to watch the movie, because my ISP block R18.com and DMM
please help me, thank you

Sumire Shiraishi Fanclub

Sumire Shiraishi Fanclub
Dec 10, 2016
It works for me. But I don't use a VPN. If your ISP blocks R18.com it must be due to your local law enforcement or regulations. Have you tried DMM? Which country do you live in? Perhaps check the local laws/regulations to see why they block it? Censorship is evil.

ahimid

Oct 21, 2009
I live in Indonesia, censorship is suck, well I guess there is nothing I can do about that

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I live in Indonesia, censorship is suck, well I guess there is nothing I can do about that
Sure there is. You can feel disenfranchised and disillusioned and post requests in the Request Threads for titles they won't let you buy.
:cerutu:

Reactions: Supmop

ahimid

Oct 21, 2009
Hi, after long search to be able watched movie from R18.com, Now I can watch the streaming
Does anyone know how to capture the streaming video??? because I rent it so I can't save the video
thank you

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Why is GVG-149 not listed on DMM / R18?

This movie is part of a major studio line, and the series it belongs to is active on DMM.

I thought, maybe the actress? Didn't make sense, because often the actress-related reason why movies have been pulled had to do with a scandal, which usually happens when an actress is young. This actress was not too young.

On that theory, I started checking with other Shino Izumi movies, and the next one (NITR-133) was unlisted, too.

Why is NITR-133 not listed on DMM / R18?

The next Shino Izumi movie I checked came up, so the reason why GVG-149 and NITR-133 have been booted out probably had nothing to do with the actress.

I have brought up this huge and highly disappointing "no-show" problem earlier (with a follow-up), which Member R18.com did not, or could not, address. Since we have always relied on DMM as the Holy Grail of JAV, it becomes ever more heartbreaking to encounter new instances where DMM is no longer reliable.

My suggestion was to leave the listings alone, even if individual movies were deemed to be made unavailable for sale.

Even if this larger issue is difficult to answer, I'd still be interested in learning what possible reason(s) could have eliminated GVG-149 and NITR-133 from the listings. "R18.com" would be best qualified to answer, but if others care to take a crack at possible reasons why, please do.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
jugulear: GVG-149 = GLORY QUEST and NITR-133 CRYSTAL EIZOU. If this is something that tingles your spidey senses so hard it causes you migraines, perhaps contacting the studios would get you a better and quicker answer?

Contact info: https://twitter.com/gloryquest_av and https://twitter.com/CRYZOU

It's possible they were asked to be removed for some reason, but most likely given how many titles needed to be ported over from DMM to R18 on a regular basis, a small percentage will oftentimes slip through the cracks. Perhaps finding these blanks like the two you wrote above and alerting said studios would help in hastening their appearance on R18.

Reactions: jugulear

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Appreciate the thought waves! Would take a braver man than I to contact the studios (tried that once on another matter, and was met with stony silence... even Google-translated the message. Not to say a non-reaction should be expected every time, but I wouldn't have much faith in the power of one letter getting read by who-knows-whom).

As for slipping through the cracks, yes, once in a while that could be possible; although in this case, I know from my notes that GVG-149 was definitely up and around once. (Its inclusion was definitely removed, as has been the case with other examples. Yet in the case of GVG-149... why?) And there are too many examples now of missing cases, whereas in the past knowing the movie would come up through a DMM search would feel so cozy and contented.

We have to get used to the reality of DMM no longer being the comprehensive giant it once was, but given the way searches used to be, so hard not to get the heart to sink with each new increasing example of a no-show.

Reactions: Casshern2

Mayael

Jan 6, 2017
"An unexpected error occured during payment processing. Please contact the support center."

Is anyone else getting this?

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
That's weird. They had some *major* downtime the other week, but it loads fine here now (using VPN server located in California).