Can we get pogiharold1503 banned?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

daredemonai

Retiree
Mar 19, 2009
Not only does pogiharold1503 use spammy image hosts (a subject I have complained about many times), he now includes an extremely large ad for a spammy website in his signature. I don't think AO users should have to hesitate to click on a thumbnail or an image in a user's signature, but the current reality is that we have to because there are so many posters here who use AO as a cash cow.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I never had a problem with his image host, it works fine for me and other mods

signature removed

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
to be fair it was reported, and I was the first to respond, I never had a problem, so I asked others, again no problem,

daredemonai

Retiree
Mar 19, 2009
I never had a problem with his image host, it works fine for me and other mods

signature removed
coolkevin, thank you for responding to my request and having pogiharold1503 remove his signature. I respectfully disagree with your characterization that his image host "works fine." This is what happens when I click on one of his thumbnails.

First, I get a black screen with a message in the center that forces me to choose between "Quick View" and "X."
スクリーンショット 2014-11-12 17.42.58.png
Needless to say, there is no correct choice here. No matter which you click, pop-up ads will appear. Just for laughs, I clicked on "Quick View." These are the three pop-up ads I got:
スクリーンショット 2014-11-12 17.43.59.png
スクリーンショット 2014-11-12 17.44.12.png
スクリーンショット 2014-11-12 17.44.18.png
Okay. Now guess what happens when I click the "X"? That's right! Another ad pops up.
スクリーンショット 2014-11-12 17.44.23.png But you know what doesn't happen? The original black screen does not disappear. No, it forces me to click the "X" again. And guess what happens when I do? If you guessed, "Another ad pops up," you are correct.スクリーンショット 2014-11-12 17.44.28.png
Finally, I am presented with the image I am looking for. NO WAIT. I'm not quite there yet. What we have here is a medium-sized thumbnail.
スクリーンショット 2014-11-12 17.44.53.png
Naturally, to see the full-sized image, I have to click the medium-sized thumbnail, and when I do, I am presented with one final pop-up ad.
スクリーンショット 2014-11-12 17.44.59.png
coolkevin, you are a great moderator and I very much appreciate your contributions to the community here, but with all due respect I must say that this ordeal is not my idea of "working fine."

What works fine is the new AO's wonderful "Upload a File" button, which I used to paste these obnoxious images into this message. I could have chosen to use thumbnails, but that would not convey how obnoxious and annoying this whole thing was.

For what it is worth, I am using the latest version Firefox on a MacBook Air using the latest version of Yosemite. I have "Block Pop-Up Windows" checked in the Firefox preferences, and I also have GlimmerBlocker installed. Perhaps there are other things I could install that could have prevented all these ads from popping up, but I do not believe I should be forced to log in to AO as if I am suiting up for battle.

Once again, for the record, I submit my request that image hosts be banned from AO.

Thank you.

daredemonai

Retiree
Mar 19, 2009
I would like to comment post in this one, thank you Sir Mod Coolkevin for defending me. :)

And to daredemonai isn't is to obvious that you target me specifically? i'm not the only one who uses an imagehost here I think you should have respected members of the community here. If they have problem with my post they have already reported it and I will be banned long time. Instead, they like and replied to my post. Be fair sometimes and have a bit of respect. But thank you for being one of the commenter in my every thread.
Oh, poor, betrodden Pig Harold! Why won't I just let this poor man spam in peace?
:sedih1:
He's just trying to make some money by tricking community members into clicking his thumbnails and forcing them to deal with pop-up ads and viruses!

Well, congratulations, Pig Harold! Apparently AO will let you do that!

But I do not believe that AO is going to force me to show "respect" for spammers who have no respect for anyone at all. No, I'm afraid I will go on calling you Pig Harold and harassing you on your threads, and reducing your income by posting the images that you refuse to post yourself. I will do this in part to spare fellow members your pop-up ads, but I will also do it just so that you get a taste of the annoyance to which you subject AO members with your goddamned spam.
:suling:

Reactions: Ceewan

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
i'm here on a mac too...

unfortionately daredemonai is right.
(but it's not a mac problem, but the massive ads on this site - yes.
my add-blocker blocks 11 elements and missing out the X-Button and an ad on the right.

if i remember right, the reported thread was about s.th. with a small preview-image (which wasn't a problem for me)
the second one, was about the singature, which coolkevin took care of

we could just blacklist the services (so that it automatically will censor the links), but that's probably way to much.
but - the x will require a click, which is prohibited by the rules
->http://www.akiba-online.com/threads/rule-16-cash-links-banned-links-updated-feb-2014.1202528/
Imagehosts with redirects, delayed links and any other mechanism that does not allow a user to see the image on the first click of the thumbnail are not allowed and will be added to the banned list as they are found.
thus, i will add this service on the blacklist

@pogiharold1503
please use another image-hoster for your upcoming posts.

there should be even hosters, that exceed the 4$ CPM that this hoster has.

and for the banning request: don't see why we should :)

Last edited:

daredemonai

Retiree
Mar 19, 2009
Thank you, C00Lzero, for taking the time to look into this. I would be much less inclined to harangue spammers who followed the rule to which you linked.

Reactions: Ceewan

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
ok it is banned, I run a system where I do not have that problem

gallerynova.se

if they remove the pop ups, I will remove the ban

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Well played. This is an important thread in that it helps members visualize what is unacceptable in an imagehost and what to do about it.