Attention content uploaders: always search before posting!

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Reposting something that is dead is OK.

norcal510

Jun 28, 2010
I am new to this site; therefore, I don't understand bu I agree there shouldn't be duplicate posts. If the quality is better, shouldn't you be allowed to repost. Maybe the post should say better quality.

I am having a difficult time merging AVI files the extension of 001 ....etc. Can anyone help me? Do I change the name or do I need a program. I have DivX Plus Converter but I would need to change the extention to AVI I think. Even then it does not work. Are you guys viewing each AVI. It doesn't seem right.

Can someone help.:joker:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I am new to this site; therefore, I don't understand bu I agree there shouldn't be duplicate posts. If the quality is better, shouldn't you be allowed to repost. Maybe the post should say better quality.

I am having a difficult time merging AVI files the extension of 001 ....etc. Can anyone help me? Do I change the name or do I need a program. I have DivX Plus Converter but I would need to change the extention to AVI I think. Even then it does not work. Are you guys viewing each AVI. It doesn't seem right.

a couple of things, you can post the same if the quality is different, I mean we get ISO and AVI etc.

the joining of files, I use 7zip, it is an open source program, so it is free follow link http://download.cnet.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008

Please post technical questions in the tech subforum.

Before doing this please search that subforum for queries that may have been similar to your own. This is for your own benifit as well that of the forums. By having questions of a technical nature located in one area not only can you learn from the answers to others technical problems but others may be able to learn from the answers to yours.

Jul 1, 2009

For the extensions such as .001, .002, etc. You need to get one of the HJSplit programs from here, depending on your platform (Windows, Mac, Linux). :study:

7z.001, 7z.002, etc. and rar.001, rar.002, etc. is different. You should be able to use 7zip or RAR to extract both of those.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
For the extensions such as .001, .002, etc. You need to get one of the HJSplit programs from here, depending on your platform (Windows, Mac, Linux). :study:

7z.001, 7z.002, etc. and rar.001, rar.002, etc. is different. You should be able to use 7zip or RAR to extract both of those.

This is the news section please try to stay ontopic. While your help and assistance to others is admirable you will find his inquiry already in the tech section and answered here:

http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326948

Please feel free to continue the discussion there.

dvns

Dec 20, 2009
10. Do not double post. If a title has already been posted on a particular filehost, you may not re-post it on that same filehost. Always search the forum for the DVD code (i.e. "MIDD635" and "MIDD-635") before uploading a DVD rip or .ISO. Encodings of different sizes are exempt from this rule.

will i be allowed to repost a title if i re-encode it myself? i'm thinking of changing the file format and reducing the filesize a tiny bit w/ just a little quality loss. i'm assuming this is ok, but i just wanna be sure..

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
If you do not wish to recieve an infraction for double posting please remeber to include file size and format in your post description if you are offering a different one than has originally been shared here. Do not expect a moderator to correctly guess the file format. We are not mind readers.

Important:

Remember if you are offering a title on a different filehoster this does not allow you to also offer it on the same one as has been already used in your post. Such posts will warrant an infraction and be deleted.

lancelot77

Mar 30, 2009
Remember if you are offering a title on a different filehoster this does not allow you to also offer it on the same one as has been already used in your post.

Hi Ceewan,

could u elaborate on the above sentence? Like to make sure that I understand it fully...

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Hi Ceewan,

could u elaborate on the above sentence? Like to make sure that I understand it fully...

No problem. First double check the wording of my signature. That is not my phrasing and its' meaning was clarifed to me by Rollyco. I will give you an example:

If "poster#1", (being the original poster in the direct download area), shares a title using only hotfile links. Then any other poster sharing the same title in the same file format can not share that title here using hotfile, unless poster#1s' links are dead.

If poster#2 shares the same title in the same format as poster#1 he must do so using a different filehoster only, (this is called mirroring). If poster#2 mirrors the title using sharingmatrix or ugotfile or any other filehoster not on the banned host list there is no double post involved. But if poster#2 also includes hotfile links with any other mirrors in his post this would be a double post and will warrant an infraction or a warning from a moderator.

lancelot77

Mar 30, 2009
No problem. First double check the wording of my signature. That is not my phrasing and its' meaning was clarifed to me by Rollyco. I will give you an example:

If "poster#1", (being the original poster in the direct download area), shares a title using only hotfile links. Then any other poster sharing the same title in the same file format can not share that title here using hotfile, unless poster#1s' links are dead.

If poster#2 shares the same title in the same format as poster#1 he must do so using a different filehoster only, (this is called mirroring). If poster#2 mirrors the title using sharingmatrix or ugotfile or any other filehoster not on the banned host list there is no double post involved. But if poster#2 also includes hotfile links with any other mirrors in his post this would be a double post and will warrant an infraction or a warning from a moderator.

Thanks for the clarification. Your example is especially clear :cool: