Attention content uploaders: always search before posting!

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
For all of you that upload DVD rips (.AVI, .MP4, .ISO, etc) to Akiba-Online: we have added two very important new rules. We are swamped with people reuploading titles over and over, and this practice must stop.

Here are the new rules:
  • 6. When posting DVD rips or .ISOs, you must include the DVD code(s). Either in the thread title (preferred) or the post body. If the DVD cover image is too small to make out the DVD code, you won't be penalized.
  • 10. Do not double post. If a title has already been posted on a particular filehost, you may not re-post it on that same filehost. [highlight]Always search the forum for the DVD code[/highlight] (i.e. "MIDD635" and "MIDD-635") before uploading a DVD rip or .ISO.

We WILL issue infractions and delete your threads if these rules are not followed.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
What will happen if the new but re-uploaded files has a better quality? Thank you.

Then that would not be a duplicate post. There would a differences. In filesize (most likely), for example, and in the case of Direct Downloads there would be different download links, (which has not always been the case and one thing these rules are trying to help prevent). I would think any difference should be stated in the title, if possible.

Milligram

Oct 2, 2007
Not a moment too soon, seems there are five hotfile re-posts on each new upload currently.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Not a moment too soon, seems there are five hotfile re-posts on each new upload currently.

Unless I am mistaken and sometimes I am, it is only considered a repost if the same file hoster is used. Read rule 10 again:
10. Do not double post. If a title has already been posted on a particular filehost, you may not re-post it on that same filehost

Thus if one poster has a thread that uses one filehoster, (such as rapidshare or megaupload), another poster is allowed to repost the same thing as long as he uses a different filehoster, (such as hotfiles or fileserve). Because this gives our users more options to download using the filehoster they most prefer, this is seen as not only as acceptable but also as a welcomed addition here at Akiba-Online. As a matter of fact calling this a repost is technically incorrect. The correct term is mirroring.

Milligram

Oct 2, 2007
Right I concur, probably just me being a bit vague. What I mean is re-posts using the same material as posted before and the same host. In this case almost always hotfile.

I also welcome as many fileshosts as possible. But perhaps it would be a good thought to keep them in the same post? For example someone posts a new upload with RS and MU links. If someone else then would like to add hotfile links (or other) he or she should perhaps be obliged to post them as a reply in the same thread? Just an idea.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I agree that it is a good idea. Actual implementation of said idea is another matter entirely.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Right I concur, probably just me being a bit vague. What I mean is re-posts using the same material as posted before and the same host. In this case almost always hotfile.

I also welcome as many fileshosts as possible. But perhaps it would be a good thought to keep them in the same post? For example someone posts a new upload with RS and MU links. If someone else then would like to add hotfile links (or other) he or she should perhaps be obliged to post them as a reply in the same thread? Just an idea.

the idea has been in operation for sometime now

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
The rules says to put it in the title (preferred) or the post body. The tags aren't an option because they're not searchable.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Ah, I didn't know that. I guess tags wouldn't be any good for a dvd code.

shadeofgray

Sep 22, 2009
As far as tags and codes are concerned, adding just the first part of the code (just letters) as a tag alongside the full code in the thread title or body, can be a good idea. It can help with searching for similar content.

For bigger companies like Takeshobo or Bunkasha that produce(d) large amount of various videos, it wouldn't be much good to add TSDV or BKDV. For them it's more useful to add a name of the specific series if available, e.g., Pure Smile or Deep Kiss/First Kiss/Baby Dolls.

But for smaller companies or the ones that specialize in certain type of videos and have specific code for each series, it could be beneficial to add tags like SOPD, GOD, IMOF, etc.

lancelot77

Mar 30, 2009
Certain studios have very long names... Such as Baby Entertainment... With the studio name, dvd code, actress name and video title, there is insufficient space to key in all these within the thread title... Possible to increase the number of characters allowed?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I am sure you do not have to worry about studio name in the title, it helps in the tags, and it helps in the main body of the post, thank you for your concern

zaldar

Sep 15, 2008
What about for older movies that were posted once but are no longer up? Confused, I thought posting something again after the original post was no longer viable was a good thing...