Attachment Management System

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
1st of all site is rather slow today, don´t know why.

2nd: am I the only one having severe problems adding attachments atm? The server just isn´t responding when I try to upload pics, anyone else got this problem too?

Attachments can be deleted though...

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
This was going to be a test post, but the test failed.

I also cannot upload attachments

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
truly a curious problem, although I still can´t upload anything to the server other people can, as to be seen from the new threads started...

perhaps I have not been good enough today and this is kind of a punishment (hehe)...

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
attachments work fine for me :relief:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
yes, now it´s working again, but somehow it was blocked for more than an hour. Perhaps this is in a relationship to our db errors...

ssb82

Feb 13, 2008
I had been experiencing slow loading of the site in the last few months at certain hours to extend of not able to open any pages or posting any replies and adding attachments..
But other than those mentioned hours, it works fine.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
I had been experiencing slow loading of the site in the last few months at certain hours to extend of not able to open any pages or posting any replies and adding attachments..
But other than those mentioned hours, it works fine.

most of the visitors of our site are from Japan, so the maximum site traffic is to be expected in the Japanese evening hours, you can see it from the amount of users and guests mentioned on our start or torrent page at that time period. These are the times when site sometimes becomes slow or access is not always possible, it´s the time period when database errors seem to appear too. Same goes for weekends when many people have their free time...

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
Attachment difficulties

handyman and I and other posters have discussed difficulties with 'manage attachments' a number of times. Here is the most recent.
rubiks6 said:
I think there are problems being caused in a number of different places. Sometimes it is Akiba causing the problem, but sometimes it is our isp. Sometimes it is our local network, and sometimes it is our own local machine. All these diverse sources of difficulty make it nearly impossible to nail it down.
Because the problems are so sporadic, persistance, in the end, always pays off. As often as 'manage attachments' comes back (after nearly 10 minutes) with 'server unavailable', just as often I can upload five hi-res pics in just a few moments without a hitch.
This morning, after the server has just come back from the big 2 day crash, I started a new post in the above thread. I figured I'd test Chompy's new OS and see if I could up 5 pics at a time. Not happenning. So I did one at a time and managed to get two pics attached after many of failed attempts. Then I couldn't get a third for two hours. Finally, I just abandoned the post completely. I closed my 'post reply' window, and started from scratch. Ten pics posted in like two minutes.

I don't know too much about this stuff, but, could there be something going wrong related to the 'poststarttime' or the 'posthash' causing the server to lose track of the connection between a reply and it's attachments?

I received the following error message in a 'manage attachments' window earlier today.
_____ VVVVV _____

FastCGI Error
The FastCGI Handler was unable to process the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error Details:

The FastCGI process exceeded configured request timeout
Error Number: 258 (0x80070102).
Error Description: The wait operation timed out.
HTTP Error 500 - Server Error.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Test

edit: seems fine at the moment, however there are only 1,463 people online right now.

We definitely need to get the balance right for when the server has more people online.

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
Overall, new OS seems to be working well, but ...

'Manage attachments' seems to be 100%, IF you do just one picture at a time. I tried 5 pics again, and got another 'FastCGI' error.

I think we need to find a way to make folks aware of this 'one at a time' condition. Possibly even removing the multiple entry lines from the 'manage attachments' applet.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
I had no trouble to do 5 pics together at a time, but sometimes there are problems to load a single pic from the db, for ex in user profile.

sockmuncher

May 30, 2007
im also having tons of problems uploading photos... one error i get is "The requested URL could not be retrieved" im on a very slow connection so this is a real problem for me. its about every other few photos that i get an error.

i would like to upload but this makes it very difficult. it just took me like an hour to up six or seven photos becouse they kept giving me an error...

also i dont even try to upload five at a time becouse it never works for me and im sure it not a bad photo doing it. but it still happens the same even if i only upload one at a time

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
We're trying to resolve some load problems on the server. At the moment, the site is extremely slow during peak hours (evening time in Japan). As a workaround, try accessing Akiba-Online during off-peak hours.