A new way to insert attachments into your posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
[fullattach]277232[/fullattach]

We have a new image manager for easy insertion of attachment and album pictures. You can insert your attachments (and album pics, too) in either full-size or thumb-size. Best of all, all attachments inserted this way are automatically hidden from the post's attachment list using our [noparse]

spikier

JAPAN:みんなのあい
Nov 13, 2008
great!!. thanks Rollyco .^___^

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
Thanks, that's great I'm always looking for new ways to insert things.

shadeofgray

Sep 22, 2009
Been experimenting with new posts and it's real nice. Thanks.

On the other hand, where did Post Templates went? I haven't seen them in User CP also. Is this just temporarily?

xater

Bibitur Semper
Jun 5, 2007
Inserting original pics should not be allowed, imo, it messes the layout too much for people with small screens and not very fast connections.

I prefer the what you see is what you get option, which is now not available and made posting much easier than how it is done right now... people will continue using external hosts anyway, unless they start getting warnings/bans.

:study:

And the links opening into the same tab also gets a thumbs down from xater
:tea:

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
where did Post Templates went?
I disabled it because it wasn't working properly. Use Canned Replies instead.

it messes the layout too much for people with small screens
The website auto-resizes images that are too large. You can change your preferences for this in your Thread Display Options.

I prefer the what you see is what you get option, which is now not available
Oops, I forgot to re-enable that. Fixed now.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Canned Replies was not enabled for Registered Users. Fixed now.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
This is great, but is there a BBCode to use the thumbnail only(with no link to full size version)?

It would be useful for when I use the thumbnail to point to another post where there is no thumbnail and I don't want it to show up in the Attached Thumbnails section at the bottom of my post.

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
On the top use the Thumbnail only option

attachment.php

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I tried that with a post I previously added an attachment into, but when I included it with this, it didn't remove the Attached Thumbnails section. Only

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Maybe I'll add a [noparse][thumbattach][/noparse] bbcode for that.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
The fullattach is really great, but there is a problem with the thumbnail with no link form. Some thumbnails just don't show up(not all of them and sometime they appear again) and when I try to put the link to it in the address bar, it show the "You're not logged in" page. But I'm still logged in to the forum if I refresh any other page.

Here an example of one not working right now(I don't know if it will stay that way): http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=278033&thumb=1

Status
Not open for further replies.